TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> DVD USB2.0 Burner??? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CloudTamer is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 08:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CloudTamer Visit CloudTamer's homepage! Find more posts by CloudTamer Add CloudTamer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CloudTamer

DVD USB2.0 Burner???

Ok.. I got this deal of a lifetime. A USB2.0 DVD +- Burner.
I know the Phillips Tivo DVR can hadle USB 2.0 in the back.
Now here is the question on my mind.
Will Tivo Recognize my burner.... And can it burn shows to disk like the new DVD/Tivo that is out?

Only one way to find out?

P.S. If anybody has done this before or knows how to mod the tivo to do this I would be greatly appreciative.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csyria is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csyria Visit csyria's homepage! Find more posts by csyria Add csyria to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csyria
200 posts down...

No. It won't do anything with the USB ports, esp. not DVD writing.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Thespis is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 10:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Thespis Find more posts by Thespis Add Thespis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thespis

Talk of video extraction is frowned upon here...
Check the underground forum for info about activating the USB ports.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Draven X. Byrne is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Draven X. Byrne Find more posts by Draven X. Byrne Add Draven X. Byrne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

This isn't video extraction Thespis - this is capturing a video source just as you would via a VCR.

Now hacking your TiVo to be able to copy a show as a file and copy over your network - THAT's video extraction

DXB

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence
TiVo Forum Special Member

Moot points. The USB ports on DirecTV DVRs are not enabled. And, it's not known when they might be officially. If they are, they probably won't be used to transfer shows to DVD recorders, just between TiVos.

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Draven X. Byrne is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Draven X. Byrne Find more posts by Draven X. Byrne Add Draven X. Byrne to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Draven X. Byrne
Pope to the TiVos

True Jim-

But if you're gonna enable file level extraction of shows you might as well enable those pesky USB ports

DXB

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged