TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Cannot receive local channels <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
drewpt is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewpt Find more posts by drewpt Add drewpt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewpt

Cannot receive local channels

I recently reinstalled my DirecTV service after 2 years of not having it. My 2 receivers are a Sony SAT A-55 and a Sony T60 DTV. I have a triple LNB dish. I do not have a land line yet so my DTV has not made a call in 2 years.

I hooked up my SAT A-55 and receive all of my programming including local channels.

However, my DTV gets all of my programming EXCEPT my local channels. My guide is set to All Channels/no filter, and when i enter a local channel (here in Los Angeles for example CBS is 2), I get a "Channel Not Available" message.

Anyone know what is going on with my DTV receiver? I've been on the phone with DirecTV for the last 3 days and they have not been able to solve it yet. They've even sent me 2 new access cards.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bonscott87 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bonscott87 Find more posts by bonscott87 Add bonscott87 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bonscott87
Lets go Red Wings!

Have you set up the receiver for a triple LNB dish? Since most locals are at 119 (you didn't say which locals), if it's only setup as single oval dish, then it can't see 119.

Hughes E86 HD STB
MX-500 remote and 43" Hitachi widescreen HDTV
Vonage phone service, no landline!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rminsk Find more posts by rminsk Add rminsk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rminsk
TiVo Forum Special Member

You may want to get the software update. If you do not have a phone line you can take your T-60 over to a friends house with a phone line. The satellite is not required to make a phone call. Just hook it up to the phone line and force 1 or 2 calls. The latest software for the T-60 is 3.1.0b.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drewpt is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drewpt Find more posts by drewpt Add drewpt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drewpt

quote:
Originally posted by bonscott87
Have you set up the receiver for a triple LNB dish? Since most locals are at 119 (you didn't say which locals), if it's only setup as single oval dish, then it can't see 119.

Yes it is setup as a triple LNB dish. Pretty strong signals (80+) on most transponders. But the LA locals I should be receiving are on 101, as I just updated to the triple LNB in the last day or so. Up until a day or so ago I was trying to get this working on my old single LNB dish.

Last edited by drewpt on 06-29-2004 at 09:18 AM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivoyahoo is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivoyahoo Find more posts by tivoyahoo Add tivoyahoo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivoyahoo

LA locals are on 101, or are you in the Santa Barbara DMA where locals are on 119. San Diego is on 101 too.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

maharg18 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for maharg18 Find more posts by maharg18 Add maharg18 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maharg18
TiVo Forum Special Member

rminsk is probably dead on.. The older versions of Directivo software no longer allow the local channels to show up for some strange reason.. Since yours has been unplugged from the phoneline for 2 years, you certainly have the older version.

HR10-250 HD Directivo
DSR704 SD Directivo

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tivoyahoo is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tivoyahoo Find more posts by tivoyahoo Add tivoyahoo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tivoyahoo

If you have 2.5.2 it will find the locals fine. don't know about older versions

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjendro is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjendro Find more posts by sjendro Add sjendro to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjendro
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by tivoyahoo
If you have 2.5.2 it will find the locals fine. don't know about older versions

Actually it was when this version was being phased out that it no longer allowed many of the S1 DTiVo's to get the local channels without the new swv. I agree with most everyone else here, plug your T60 into the phone line and get a newer version, this should help your problems.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drewpt is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:41 PM
drewpt

quote:
Originally posted by sjendro
Actually it was when this version was being phased out that it no longer allowed many of the S1 DTiVo's to get the local channels without the new swv. I agree with most everyone else here, plug your T60 into the phone line and get a newer version, this should help your problems.

Thanks everyone. Last night I updated the software version at my parents house. I'll plug it in later today at my place to find out whether or not that fixed it.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

RecordTheJoy is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 05:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for RecordTheJoy Find more posts by RecordTheJoy Add RecordTheJoy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RecordTheJoy

I just bought a new directivo and the locals took 2 days to arrive, just had to wait said dtv

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

innocentfreak is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for innocentfreak Find more posts by innocentfreak Add innocentfreak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
innocentfreak

Yeah I swapped a 35 hour for a 100 hour at my dad's yesterday and no locals. I was finally able to get them to show up after a software update but this was on a series 2 box.

My DVD Collection

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged