TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> DirecTV support of DVR's is so laughable, but it's just not funny. <<<

Pages (11): « First ... « Prev 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PJO1966 is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 05:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PJO1966 Find more posts by PJO1966 Add PJO1966 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

Not to prolong this thread anymore than it already has, but...

As one who has experienced the loss of channels on more than one ocassion, I chalk it up to an imperfect system and move on. If someone expects perfection from everthing in life, they're going to experience a lot of disappointment. I don't see how e-mailing top executives like Rupert Murdoch can get anyone anywhere. (if you don't know what I'm referring to just do a search on BlankMan's posts. He's started other threads on the same topic.)

POST #121 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BlankMan Find more posts by BlankMan Add BlankMan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlankMan
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by PJO1966
Not to prolong this thread anymore than it already has, but...

As one who has experienced the loss of channels on more than one ocassion, I chalk it up to an imperfect system and move on. If someone expects perfection from everthing in life, they're going to experience a lot of disappointment. I don't see how e-mailing top executives like Rupert Murdoch can get anyone anywhere. (if you don't know what I'm referring to just do a search on BlankMan's posts. He's started other threads on the same topic.)

Yep and whenever I do all the DirecTV supporters crawl out of the woodwork and start rallying behind their beloved DirecTV, because in their mind DirecTV can do no wrong.

I could name a list of users here that do that, and I suspect that they have some ties or affiliation to DirecTV, and that they notify one another when said is occurring because they only come out when someone denounces the Great Almighty DirecTV.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were DirecTV CSR sleepers.

And I do expect things to work, as designed, as advertised. That is my work ethic, that is what I do in my profession, and that is what I expect. If you like things, Well that's good enough that is your prerogative but don't tell me that I should accept them that way.

<Afterthought>

Oh and, just how many threads did I start on this same topic? This one? Favorite channels? Maybe another one or two, if that? Oh my Gawd! I'm flooding the Forum with anit-DirecTV propaganda!!!

If the shoe fits ware it. It's not propaganda, it can all be supported by facts and documentation.

Seems I get top billing here for calling DirecTV out. But there is a failure to mention all the other subscribers who also are continuing to experience problems and reporting them that DirecTV continually ignores. Yet I am singled out for doing so because I am not a lemming? Well then so be it, I never was a follower.

SAT-T60 230h TurboNET (x2)
HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

Last edited by BlankMan on 01-27-2004 at 06:09 AM

POST #122 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steuert is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for steuert Find more posts by steuert Add steuert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steuert
TivoGeezer

I'm looking for one more post on this thread;

"Farewell, TC Forum members. I am so disgusted with DTV support I have cancelled my subscription and moved to Dish/Cable/ OTA. That'll show 'em!"

Until that happens, it is difficult to take this multi-page whine-a-thon very seriously. Let it die a natural death.

POST #123 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PJO1966 is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 06:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PJO1966 Find more posts by PJO1966 Add PJO1966 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

Better yet, just put up an antenna and go old school. But don't listen to me... I'm just part of the big-evil-DirecTV-is-out-to-ruin-your-life conspiracy.

POST #124 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 06:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BlankMan Find more posts by BlankMan Add BlankMan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BlankMan

quote:
Originally posted by steuert
I'm looking for one more post on this thread;

"Farewell, TC Forum members. I am so disgusted with DTV support I have cancelled my subscription and moved to Dish/Cable/ OTA. That'll show 'em!"

Until that happens, it is difficult to take this multi-page whine-a-thon very seriously. Let it die a natural death.

So when you leaving?

No one is forcing you to read or post to this thread. If it so annoys you, I would think you would ignore it. That goes for pjo1966 also.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

POST #125 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

steuert is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for steuert Find more posts by steuert Add steuert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steuert
TivoGeezer

"No one is forcing you to read or post to this thread."

True, no more than anyone is forcing you to subscribe to DTV. However, as I understand it, the purpose if the Forum is to exchange information of interest and benefit to TiVo users in general, not provide an electronic soapbox for endless semi-coherent rants which are of concern to a tiny fraction of 1% of DTV subscribers, if that many.

POST #126 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 06:45 AM
BlankMan

quote:
Originally posted by steuert
no more than anyone is forcing you to subscribe to DTV.
True also, but since I am subscribed I expect the level of service to be that which is advertised.
quote:
However, as I understand it, the purpose if the Forum is to exchange information of interest and benefit to TiVo users in general, not provide an electronic soapbox for endless semi-coherent rants which are of concern to a tiny fraction of 1% of DTV subscribers, if that many.
If you haven't noticed this is the DirecTV Receiver with TiVo Forum, so your 1% estimate is severely lacking. Granted 1% may be true for all DirecTV subscribers, but this is not the DirecTV Forum, this is the DirecTV Receiver with TiVo Forum so I'm sure the interest level is quite a bit higher then what you project it to be.

Let's see Webster's defines Forum as a) an assembly, place, radio program, etc. for the discussion of public matters or current questions b) an opportunity for open discussion. Hmmm... Seems to me that's what's going on here. I'm trying my best to convey my thoughts in a manner that the majority of people can understand. I'm sorry you view them as only semi-coherent, I could try to type slower for you?

Once again, you seem to be singling me out, when in fact there are a lot of people that are bitching a lot worse then me and from their posts seem to be a lot more upset then I am. I would just like DirecTV to address and fix the problem instead of hiding behind their lies.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

POST #127 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

lgkahn is offline Old Post 01-27-2004 09:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lgkahn Find more posts by lgkahn Add lgkahn to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgkahn

bump

POST #128 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 10:12 PM
BlankMan

quote:
Originally posted by lgkahn
bump
Time to get this back to the top, and it looks like I'm not the only one with that opinion.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

POST #129 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Markman07 is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 12:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Markman07 Find more posts by Markman07 Add Markman07 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Markman07
Directv Tivo + Moxi

Talking

NOT AGAIN..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:-)

POST #130 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 03:42 AM
BlankMan

Bump.

Yep. Again.

This post and the ongoing unresolved problem surrounding it is proof that furthers the subject of this thread.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

POST #131 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sir_whinealot is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sir_whinealot Find more posts by Sir_whinealot Add Sir_whinealot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sir_whinealot
Seenyer Member

quote:
Originally posted by BlankMan
<snip> ..... they only come out when someone denounces the Great Almighty DirecTV.

Or more commonly known as "Gad."

So, we have BELIEVERS in "Gad..." and we also have the NON believers (Ognostics, and Othiests). I happen to be in the "Paranoid Ognostic" camp...I believe there *IS* a Gad...but that he's only out to get ME.

I actually had a Gad "Marmen" ring my doorbell last month...trying to FORCE the word of Gad upon me (wanted me to upgrade to TCPremier). When I said "no!" and slammed my door...they left a pamphlet explaining how Gad might help to enrich my life.

It has always been thus...

POST #132 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GuidoTKP is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GuidoTKP Visit GuidoTKP's homepage! Find more posts by GuidoTKP Add GuidoTKP to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GuidoTKP
Good Times

Hi Blank man I just wanted to say that there are only a few people in this forum who work for DirecTV and I happen to be one of them!!! most people are very happy with their service and the support they get when they CALL in however if they are not then they can always "GO BACK TO CABLE" I hear that threat about 2 or 3 times a day usually when they don't want to pay for some problem they have caused. I realize you like using email for your support option but that doesn't appear to be getting you anywhere. Kinda like when they email that they want you to unplug the unit ? if one method doesn't work work you should try another that maybe will work. in regards to your other post...Did you know that all the information your complaining about losing is the only other info that is stored on your access card...kinda sounds to me like you might have a access card problem but the only way to find out if you do is to CALL Tech Support.
If at first you don't succeed try try again is a good saying to live by but if you are continually slamming your head against a brick wall it might be a good idea to go around the brick wall...

And happy with what I have.

POST #133 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PJO1966 is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 11:03 PM
PJO1966
New & CURRENT Avatar

[PJO1966 hands GuidoTKP a flame-retardant suit]

You're gonna need it.

POST #134 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aldesalvo is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aldesalvo Visit aldesalvo's homepage! Find more posts by aldesalvo Add aldesalvo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aldesalvo
Hater

WOW! I donít think this thread could get anymore out of control. We live in a country where businesses compete to sell you a service (on the most part). If you donít like there service switch to another. There are a lot of threads on the board with people complaining about this and that; my answer to them is then switch!! If this whole board decided to switch to Cable would D* suffer any? Probably not.

This board is a great source of information but if your going to have a 5 page bitching session why donít you keep it to your self. We all know DirecTV CSR are losers but the trade off is that itís a cheaper and IMHO a better service. Deal with it or find a better serviceÖ

POST #135 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GuidoTKP is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GuidoTKP Visit GuidoTKP's homepage! Find more posts by GuidoTKP Add GuidoTKP to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GuidoTKP
Good Times

quote:

You're gonna need it.

Thanks for the suit I figured i was letting myself in for it but there are just some things that need to be said!

POST #136 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rkkeller is offline Old Post 05-21-2004 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rkkeller Find more posts by Rkkeller Add Rkkeller to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rkkeller

I have had nothing but good experiences with the
DirecTV people. In fact I got a free Tivo remote
after my dogs ate my first remote only a day after
I got my Tivo.

Rich

POST #137 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 05-22-2004 12:18 AM
BlankMan

quote:

You're gonna need it.

LOL
quote:
Originally posted by GuidoTKP
Hi Blank man I just wanted to say that there are only a few people in this forum who work for DirecTV and I happen to be one of them!!! most people are very happy with their service and the support they get when they CALL in however if they are not then they can always "GO BACK TO CABLE" I hear that threat about 2 or 3 times a day usually when they don't want to pay for some problem they have caused. I realize you like using email for your support option but that doesn't appear to be getting you anywhere. Kinda like when they email that they want you to unplug the unit ? if one method doesn't work work you should try another that maybe will work. in regards to your other post...Did you know that all the information your complaining about losing is the only other info that is stored on your access card...kinda sounds to me like you might have a access card problem but the only way to find out if you do is to CALL Tech Support.
If at first you don't succeed try try again is a good saying to live by but if you are continually slamming your head against a brick wall it might be a good idea to go around the brick wall...

I have called many many times. I have been called many many times. The most recent on May 4th, by Sylvia. She promised to get back to me within a week even if she had no news, good or otherwise, that was over two weeks ago I haven't heard from her. Now answer me this: Why is that? Why do representatives of DirecTV not follow through like they say they will?

I have followed every suggestion that DirecTV has made. I have the latest silver stripped access cards. And it not an issue with the cards, I have had the problem explained to me in depth off-line.

This has been occurring to many many people for better then a year, many many people are reporting it to DirecTV yet DirecTV refuses to acknowledge it is a problem. Why is that?

We know it is a problem. They know it is a problem. TiVo knows it is a problem. TiVo acknowledged it as a problem. When they did so they were instructed by DirecTV to not comment on it anymore. Why is that?

Who does DirecTV think they are kidding by their continual denial of this problem? All that does is serve to ruin their credibility.

No offense, but you're spouting off comments without knowing the full extent of the problem let alone what was done in the past, all the suggestion you have made have been tired by myself and others.

And this is not a cosmetic problem as some have tried to say to minimize it. When the channels are lost, the guide data for them is lost, ergo the DTiVo thinks the program no longer exists so it doesn't record it. The whole purpose of a DirecTV DVR is to record programs. And it doesn't do that. Way past ironic.

So, my pilot light wasn't even lit, I think I've been pretty reasonable here. I'd really like to hear your answers to the questions I posed here, especially why DirecTV continues to deny the problem, and why they told TiVo to be mute on it also. If DirecTV isn't willing to help they should at least let TiVo help, but noooooo.....

<Added>

I just noticed you're from Idaho, that rang a bell, I'm pretty sure I have spoken with DirecTV CSR's regarding this problem on the phone from Idaho. So, it's even in your own back yard so to speak. I don't believe that the CSR's don't want to help, but for whatever the reason, hog tied by DirecTV management or whatnot, they aren't. All my conversations with CSR's are pleasant, there is no reason to become irate with them on the phone, it serves no purpose and they have no control over the matter, and they do help when they can or are allowed to. But in this case they can't or are not allowed to, and regardless of the how or why, that reflects on the whole Support Organization and in this case they have failed to correct the problem after a full documented year. Flat out, there is no excuse for that.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

Last edited by BlankMan on 05-22-2004 at 12:34 AM

POST #138 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GuidoTKP is offline Old Post 05-22-2004 12:32 AM
GuidoTKP
Good Times

Call and get me on the line and I'll help you but from your attitude in here to other people I don't really feel like setting myself up for more abuse by giving you advice your not going to take or that you are just going to dismiss...whether this is a DirecTV problem or a TIVO problem does not concern me what does is that it is a problem.the only advice I will give you is to have your whole unit replaced if that does not fix the problem then it is not a hardware or software issue but a pebkac issue. where I work we get about 30000 calls per day less than 1/8th of those are technical issues and the problems your having don't seem to happen to very many other people as far as I can tell...granted I only deal with 50 to 60 people a day but I have only had a call on your problem a few times and was able to resolve it every time.I'm sorry your having problems but it is not a conspiracy of DirecTV's to get you...and reading your posts that is what I think you think it is..If I'm wrong I apologize but if the shoe fits....

POST #139 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BlankMan is offline Old Post 05-22-2004 12:44 AM
BlankMan

quote:
Originally posted by GuidoTKP
Call and get me on the line and I'll help you but from your attitude in here to other people I don't really feel like setting myself up for more abuse by giving you advice your not going to take or that you are just going to dismiss...whether this is a DirecTV problem or a TIVO problem does not concern me what does is that it is a problem.the only advice I will give you is to have your whole unit replaced if that does not fix the problem then it is not a hardware or software issue but a pebkac issue. where I work we get about 30000 calls per day less than 1/8th of those are technical issues and the problems your having don't seem to happen to very many other people as far as I can tell...granted I only deal with 50 to 60 people a day but I have only had a call on your problem a few times and was able to resolve it every time.I'm sorry your having problems but it is not a conspiracy of DirecTV's to get you...and reading your posts that is what I think you think it is..If I'm wrong I apologize but if the shoe fits....
Hey PJO1966 can I have one of those suits? I thought I was being pretty civil.

Guido TKP You skirted all the questions I raised.

If you truly have a fix for this problem I'd be more then willing to follow any suggestions you make. I have followed all the advice DirecTV has offered short of paying to replace the units. Why do you suggest I haven't?

So post your solutions here. I will link that post from the Favorite Channels thread so everyone having the problem can benefit from your advice and make this problem go away.

HDVR2 107h
DVR40 (unactivated) (x3)
HR10-250 stock
and ah, a, A55

POST #140 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged