TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Adelphia Digital Cable and S-Video <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
litzinger is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzinger Find more posts by litzinger Add litzinger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzinger

Adelphia Digital Cable and S-Video

I have an Adelphia Digital Cable box with a SA Tivo and recently revisited my setup to try and use S-Video for everything. I was surprised that the Adelphia "digital" box doesn't even have S-Video output. I called Adelphia and they said they don't make a version of their box with S-Video.

Was the tech right? Should I consider their HD box (if available) soley for using s-video?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

They were wrong. Adelphia doesn't make cable boxes, they buy either Motorola or Sceintific Atlanta, either of which have S-video output HDTV boxes.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzinger is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for litzinger Find more posts by litzinger Add litzinger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
litzinger

I called again and they said, yes, the Sci Atlanta 3100 model cable box supports s-video and works with Adelphia.

I went to my local office and they said they are moving to that box in the future, but currently dont have them for my area (or any box with s-video).

If I can find a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta box that supports s-video, how can I tell if it will work with my Adelphia (Central PA)?

Thanks.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skaeight is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skaeight Find more posts by skaeight Add skaeight to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skaeight

quote:
Originally posted by litzinger
I called again and they said, yes, the Sci Atlanta 3100 model cable box supports s-video and works with Adelphia.

I went to my local office and they said they are moving to that box in the future, but currently dont have them for my area (or any box with s-video).

If I can find a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta box that supports s-video, how can I tell if it will work with my Adelphia (Central PA)?

Thanks.

Are you in the State College area? If they are switching to Sci Atlanta boxes I definatly want to get one. They're so much better than the Motorola boxes. Did they give any timeframe as to when they'll have them?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzinger is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:31 PM
litzinger

Yes, I'm in State College. No time frame given, though I didn't press them on it. Between this and no activity from DTV/FCC on the 72.5 locals, I feel like I am indefinitely stuck with composite quality video connections.

Do you work in State College?

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

You ask Adelphia if they will let you use a box you buy from an outside source.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skaeight is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for skaeight Find more posts by skaeight Add skaeight to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skaeight

quote:
Originally posted by litzinger
Yes, I'm in State College. No time frame given, though I didn't press them on it. Between this and no activity from DTV/FCC on the 72.5 locals, I feel like I am indefinitely stuck with composite quality video connections.

Do you work in State College?

Yeah I do. I just had to switch to Adelphia because my landlord decided to put a new roof on my porch (which he doesn't want any holes in), which happened to be the only line of site for directv. So the dish is going bye bye in a few days . I wish I would have known of his plans to replace the roof when I moved in 3 months ago and he gave me permission to install a dish.

However, I picked up my Motorolla dct2244 yesterday and tested it out w/ my SA tivo, and to my suprise the serial connection worked. So Adelphia may not be that bad after all. I just hope the serial port doesn't get deactivated when I activate the box. The good thing is I'm actually saving some money and getting more channels (including my locals ).

Just so you know if you are a Pittsburgh sports fan, with d* you don't get Fox Sports Pittsburgh with Total Choice if you live in a 168xx zip code. I didn't know this before I signed up and was very unhappy that I had to pay $12 extra for the sports pack. So in one way this actually a good thing, because FSP is include for free with Adelphia Extended Basic. Local weather on the 8's is also a good thing.

Maybe someday when I own my own house, d* has our locals, and I have a little bit more income I'll go back to them. Adelphia will have to do until then though.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

litzinger is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:08 PM
litzinger

You can always try a Non Penetrating Dish Mount

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged