Registered: Jun 2004
Improvements to online scheduling search
I feel that the advanced search option on the remote scheduling is still very basic. Although it mimics the TiVo box search, presenting the search option online gives should give more options (since you can type on the keyboard and the web can search much faster than the TiVo box). Here are some suggestions:
- The ability to search using multiple criteria. For example, if you want to see a movie with two or more particular actors, OR all the sport documentaries and reality shows, but not movies.
- The ability to search using negative criteria. For example, if you want to see all the showings about fencing (the sport), but not about fencing (the home improvement activity). Granted this is an obscure example, but it gets the point across.
- Include a search by "star rating". For all movies, TiVo places a rating on the showing, from 1/2 star to 4 stars. Users should be able to search by amount of stars of a movie.
- Include a search by "date". For most shows/movies, there is a year that the showing was released. We should be able to search by this.
- Ability to sort search results by other than alphabetically only. We should be able to sort by year of release, show rating, date of showing, etc.
- Ability to program multiple recordings of particular search results. In other words, if I want to record all the search results with the same settings, I should be able to check off all of them and set to record them with a single "Proceed to Record" action.
- Ability to set a wishlist online and get alerts emailed to user.
- Ability to share To Do Lists, Season Passes, Program Guides, etc. with other users. This could be done as an export/import function.
- Ability to see search results in "folders" for the same programs at different times and channels. In other words, like in the "Now Playing" screen where you can set "folders" for the same program, when searching online, we should be able to see ONE folder for the same show, rather than 25 showings on various times and channels. This could be a preference within the user's profile.
Does anybody agree with any of these??? ;-)
POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator
| IP: Logged