TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> MLBEI has no plans to show the Mets-Yanks series this weekend? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
iceisles is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 06:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iceisles Find more posts by iceisles Add iceisles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iceisles

MLBEI has no plans to show the Mets-Yanks series this weekend?

I know FOX has the rights to Saturday's telecasts, but what about the other two games? Even if the Mets are on WPIX, the Yankees are on YES or MSG - two channels that are usually shown on MLBEI. Does anyone know if DirecTV has plans to broadcast the series this weekend? If they don't, it's truly a disservice to their subscribers.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MitchO is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 06:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MitchO Find more posts by MitchO Add MitchO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MitchO

Don't know the full answer, but the Yankees are never on MSG. 135 or so of the games are on YES, and the remaining ones are split between FOX, ESPN and CBS. I haven't checked the schedule, but it's possible that the Friday night game will be on CBS, and the Sunday game will be on ESPN ...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iceisles is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 06:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iceisles Find more posts by iceisles Add iceisles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iceisles

K, thanks Mitch. I will be very disappointed if they don't show these games, but it wouldn't be the first time. I like EI, but it's the worst package overall for broadcast restrictions, etc.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

quote:
Originally posted by MitchO
Don't know the full answer, but the Yankees are never on MSG. 135 or so of the games are on YES, and the remaining ones are split between FOX, ESPN and CBS. I haven't checked the schedule, but it's possible that the Friday night game will be on CBS, and the Sunday game will be on ESPN ...

Yep, FOX has an exclusive on the Saturday game, and Sunday's game is the Sunday Night game (in HD!) Friday is listed as a WCBS game, and is not on the EI schedule...

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MitchO is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MitchO Find more posts by MitchO Add MitchO to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MitchO

There ya go, you can see all 3 games

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

David Ortiz is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Ortiz Find more posts by David Ortiz Add David Ortiz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Ortiz
~3 GHz Club

You can watch them.... sure... if you're in the NY area. Out in California, I'll only see the Sunday game. Doh!!!!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobsbizzy is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobsbizzy Find more posts by bobsbizzy Add bobsbizzy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobsbizzy

A sweep to the Yankees methinks.............

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aindik is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aindik Find more posts by aindik Add aindik to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aindik
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by MitchO

The game won't be on "CBS," it'll be on WCBS-TV New York (i.e. not on in the rest of the country). So, I guess the reason the game won't be on EI is that it's not on a cable or satellite station. Instead, it's apparently on two over-the-air channels - WCBS-TV and WPIX. I'm pretty sure MLBEI doesn't have access to over-the-air signals.

Please note - MLBEI <> DirecTV. MLBEI is owned by MLB, and they choose content based on the agreements they have with the game's original telecasters (and with Fox and ESPN). It just happens to be carried on DirecTV and on inDemand cable.

BTW, if you have East Coast network feeds (not your own locals) via DirecTV (because you live in a "white area"), you can watch the Friday night game via the East Coast CBS (which is WCBS-TV New York).

All that aside, I really do wish that MLBEI could put all the alternate Fox games on MLBEI on Saturday afternoons, and come up with some way to compensate Fox affiliates for it. The NHL does it for their ABC games.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iceisles is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:15 AM
iceisles

With tonight's (Friday's) game posponed due to rain, there is hope yet of catching at least 2 games! I think Sunday will look good for catching the first game of the day/night doubleheader on EI, and of course the second is on ESPN.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

super dave is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for super dave Find more posts by super dave Add super dave to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
super dave
BRILLIANT!

Comcast gave me a free sub to MLB.com for signing up for cable internet, I seem to be able to watch all of the games on my PC. Not a bad pic either.

Sony SAT-T60 70 Hours-Weaknees
DirecTV Trapped in Comcast Country (no local sports).
100% Vonage, no POTS, yeah!

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged