TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
>>> Can you hook 2 TiVo's up to one Wireless adapter? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
2TiVoEric is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2TiVoEric Find more posts by 2TiVoEric Add 2TiVoEric to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2TiVoEric

Can you hook 2 TiVo's up to one Wireless adapter?

I'd like to know if it's possible to hook 2 TiVo's (right next to each other) up to one Wireless network adapter to use the Home Media Option, etc.?

I asked TiVo.com people but they said they do not support connecting two TiVo DVRs to one wireless adapter and directed me to the TiVo Community Forum.

I'd like to do this so I don't have to spend the money for 2 adapters. I'd also like not to have to change ('hack') the TiVo in anyway if possible.

I have 2 Series2 80hr. Tivo models with 240 in the beginning of the serial #.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JJBliss is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 06:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JJBliss Visit JJBliss's homepage! Find more posts by JJBliss Add JJBliss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJBliss
tivo.cjb.net

Nope. Networking doesn't work that way. It MIGHT if you had two adapters and a cross over cable, but since you are trying to save the money on the adapter (the most basic part of the equation), the answer is no.

Buy two network adapters and be done with it.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

classicsat is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 08:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for classicsat Find more posts by classicsat Add classicsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
classicsat
Astute User

What you need is a wireless bridge, a switch or hub, two wired ethernet adaptors, and 3 ethernet cables.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Foos is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Foos Find more posts by Foos Add Foos to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Foos

I agree with classicsat. That'll give you the most bang-for-the-buck. And, if you have anything else (say, an Xbox) that might need network access down the line in the same spot, you can just plug into that switch and you'll be online.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

T-Veaux is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 09:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for T-Veaux Find more posts by T-Veaux Add T-Veaux to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T-Veaux
"Brilliant!"

I have 2 Series II TiVos stacked together in my living room. They are connect with Linksys USB200M ($25) adapters to a Siemens SpeedStream 5-port Switch ($17) with the switch connected to a XBox Wireless Adapter ($59)... I can draw Music/Photos off a PC connected to a wireless router as well as share shows between the TiVos. (same idea as Classicsat w/ details ... Grand Total: $126

"Brilliant!" - TiVoPony | "Brilliant!" - phone1 | "T-Veaux's brilliant..." - TiVoOpsMgr

Can you see my ego swelling from there??

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged