TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Whose Line is it Anyway? is back! <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tedder is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tedder Visit tedder's homepage! Find more posts by tedder Add tedder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tedder
Irregular

The 8:00 one was new, it just had bad guide data. Like when Simpsons or South Park or any other show has bad guide data and it shows the original series date.

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek
Digital:Snot

My ABC affiliate ended up showing the episodes at 3am. Don't know what was up with that.

Google is your friend. Learn to use it wisely.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AaronD is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 04:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AaronD Find more posts by AaronD Add AaronD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AaronD

Wow. Comcast actually got it right. The guide data (from them, not TiVo) said it was the U.S. version from 2004. I still can't believe it... Comcast got something right.... I'm in shock....

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aaronw is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 06:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aaronw Find more posts by aaronw Add aaronw to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronw

quote:
Originally posted by Ladd Morse
None of our TiVos picked up the new episode at 8pm because the guide data says it was from 1995 and our Season Passes are for First Run Only. My wife's parents watched the show live and said it was definitely one that hasn't aired before.

My Whose Line is not FRO.. I got the richard simmons episode, but not the 8PM one. Oh well.. off to check the torrents for it, I suppose.

Presumably the show ID on the 8PM one had the british show ID or something... because it didn't appear at ALL in my recording history, and the only thing I can think of that would cause that would be that the SP show ID didn't match the ID in the guide data... but the name still said Whose Line.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

trainman is offline Old Post 06-26-2004 10:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for trainman Visit trainman's homepage! Find more posts by trainman Add trainman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trainman
Man of Trains

quote:
Originally posted by rgr
Definitely new. Had a copyright date of 2003. so it was for either late the previous season or for last fall's season. I watched all the episodes for last season, so it must be new.

These episodes were taped in late 2001/early 2002, believe it or not, and there are a couple of oblique references made by the performers that will indicate that. Nothing too topical, though. (I closed-captioned some of this batch of episodes quite a while ago...might have been as long ago as last summer.)

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by aaronw
Presumably the show ID on the 8PM one had the british show ID or something... because it didn't appear at ALL in my recording history, and the only thing I can think of that would cause that would be that the SP show ID didn't match the ID in the guide data... but the name still said Whose Line.
Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrcoaster is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 02:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrcoaster Find more posts by mrcoaster Add mrcoaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrcoaster
Tivomaniac

All I ended up with was the Simmons ep last week as well. Of course, we laughed pretty damn hard at it again. That ep was just as hilarious as the first time we watched it.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 06-28-2004 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va
TiVo Forum Special Member

ABC's Whose Line page shows this week's episodes as presumably being new at 8:00 and a repeat at 8:30. Well, it says the OAD for the 8:30 as 6/27/03 and doesn't mention one for the 8:00 ep. I imagine that will be the pattern every week... anyone know how long this is supposed to run?

I had given up on the show coming back when they announced that the Drew Carey show was coming back but said nothing about WLIIA. Although it sounds like it didn't really matter that I had canceled my SP.

Btw, the 1995 OAD would not cause the show not to be picked up by a FRO SP. In fact, the generic guide data, which is usually why the OAD of the series is shown, will actually make an FRO SP pick up a repeat. As others have said, it must have been some other piece of data that caused the problem.

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for usrbingeek Visit usrbingeek's homepage! Find more posts by usrbingeek Add usrbingeek to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
usrbingeek

Supposedly until all the unaired episodes are gone. Looks like they're doing the same thing with whose line, as they are with the Drew Carey show.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVaholic is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVaholic Find more posts by TiVaholic Add TiVaholic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVaholic
User Name for Sale

I went (or got dragged to, altho ended up having fun) to Atlantic City Saturday, and when I was going on the Expressway thing, one of the billboards said

Whose Line is it Anyway, a night with Greg Proops, Brad Sherwood, and Colin Mochrie July 16-17 Caesar's

Ideas?

http://www.caesars.com/Caesars/Atla...pe=8,9,10,11,12

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

usrbingeek is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:09 AM
usrbingeek

Most of the people that performed on whose line the tv show, are traveling to various cities doing improv. More info at Colin's site,

http://www.colinmochrie.com/events.html

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

f44 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 11:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for f44 Find more posts by f44 Add f44 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
f44

It definetly was new, they mentioned in some on-air graphic that it was new as well.

Funniest joke was "Scenes from a Hat" and the category, "Things Drew Whispers In His Date's Ear At the end of dinnner" (or something like that):

Ryan Stiles whispers, "Keep the change."

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Skittles is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Skittles Find more posts by Skittles Add Skittles to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Skittles
Scramble! Left!

quote:
Originally posted by TiVaholic
I went (or got dragged to, altho ended up having fun) to Atlantic City Saturday, and when I was going on the Expressway thing, one of the billboards said

Whose Line is it Anyway, a night with Greg Proops, Brad Sherwood, and Colin Mochrie July 16-17 Caesar's

Ideas?

http://www.caesars.com/Caesars/Atla...pe=8,9,10,11,12

My folks took me to see Brad & Colin's Fort Worth performance two weeks ago (No Greg Proops, though). It's definitely worth the price of admission. Brad and Colin are really, really funny in person, and had I paid the $50 ticket price, I would have felt like I got more than my money's worth.

Come voice your opinion on hotel selection.. it's important, and it matters!

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fustanella is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fustanella Find more posts by Fustanella Add Fustanella to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fustanella
Homo sapiens tivus

FWIW, guide data henceforth - at least here - seems to pick out just the right episodes as First Run.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged