TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Need Help....VoIp <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
CegaRazoR is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CegaRazoR Find more posts by CegaRazoR Add CegaRazoR to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CegaRazoR

Need Help....VoIp

I need your help ASAP, please, can somebody tell me which of the following models is the best to work with Vonage VoIP, Thank you very much.

Phillips DC708
Samsung 4120
RCA DVR40.

Thanks for your help.

CegaRazoR

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

OLdDog is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OLdDog Find more posts by OLdDog Add OLdDog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLdDog
Reformed Druid

None of the new TiVos work well with Vonage.

You can search for "Vonage" to find a lot of info about various work-arounds.

However, for DTiVos just find a friend, or even the store you buy it from, where you can do the first couple of calls (takes about 15 minutes) then don't worry about it.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PhilEkins is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 02:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PhilEkins Find more posts by PhilEkins Add PhilEkins to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PhilEkins

for me the RCA dials out everyday over vonage..(for the PPV & billing)
however it has not been able to get the software upgrade and that call has been failing for the past 3 months....

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CegaRazoR is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for CegaRazoR Find more posts by CegaRazoR Add CegaRazoR to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CegaRazoR

Thanks, but

Thank you for answer me, but if I make the 2 frist cuple of calls then I use the Dtivo ird with vonage will I get the guide making the daily calls with vonage?? will it works?? thanks. Im ovearseas, actualy Im in Guatemala, and I have a Directv subs, but I want to upgrade to tivo. Thank you very much.

CegaRazoR

Last edited by CegaRazoR on 06-29-2004 at 01:31 PM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rminsk is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rminsk Find more posts by rminsk Add rminsk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rminsk
TiVo Forum Special Member

The guide data comes over the satellite and the phone is not needed. As for the models they are all the same.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mjreilly is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 09:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mjreilly Find more posts by mjreilly Add mjreilly to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjreilly

The only thing that ever worked for me is an external modem. The internal modem would sometimes succeed with the test calls or downloading the phone numbers but it would never make a real call because my RCA DVR40 was expecting the 3.1c update and it could never maintain a connection for that long.

Maybe you could hook up an external modem just long enough for it to download the update.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged