TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DIRECTV Receiver with TiVo
>>> Who knows about Xantech IR remote systems <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Miller3499 is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Miller3499 Find more posts by Miller3499 Add Miller3499 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Miller3499

Who knows about Xantech IR remote systems

This last week I purchased the Xantech Xtra Link 2 model 172-94. I want to use this to control the tivo in my basement while wacthing the television in the upstairs living room. I have attempted to setup the system but get no results, not even a red led light, just to know if I have any power. I would love to talk to someone that can offer some tech support.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jstoddard is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jstoddard Find more posts by jstoddard Add jstoddard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jstoddard

why not call Xantech?

818.362.0353 Technical Assistance - Ext 812

They've been very helpful in the past.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

djp is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for djp Find more posts by djp Add djp to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
djp

Here's a couple of ideas:

You won't get a light on the remote rcvr unless the injector (the box that the rcvr is connected to) can talk to the coupler (the box the emitter is connected to), so make sure everything is set up before you try it. If you have any splitters between the injector and the coupler, they must be DC passing. Additionally (I'm pretty sure), the shielding of the cable between the injector and the coupler cannot be grounded. As a continuity check, you can disconnect the cable from both sides, connect the center signal wire to the shield on one end, and put an ohmmeter on the center and shield at the other end.

-- Dennis

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged