TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
>>> Unable to play recorded shows? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsheinz1234 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsheinz1234 Find more posts by jsheinz1234 Add jsheinz1234 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsheinz1234

Unable to play recorded shows?

Just got my Tivo Series 2 (240 series) over the weekend, finally got the wireless internet connection working, but yesterday it recorded 4 shows and I tried to play them and it said something to the fact..."Unable to play...your connection must not have been hooked up."
I am paraphrasing.

I know the connection was there because my wife was home watching TV. Why would it record if it had no signal? It showed the time recorded and all the info for the shows. It even recorded stuff it thought I wanted to see, and I couldn't watch those.

Anyone else had this issue? the only thing I can think of was my wired network was disconnected. Could that cause the problem?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsheinz1234 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jsheinz1234 Find more posts by jsheinz1234 Add jsheinz1234 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jsheinz1234

I found the following link
http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/fo...8&showPostBody=

looks like there was a batch of bad systems that came out and you have to delete the system and start over

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevel is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevel Visit stevel's homepage! Find more posts by stevel Add stevel to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevel
Dumb Blond

I don't think this had anything to do with the network connection. The message referred to the video input signal. But it is a mystery if your wife was watching TV, assuming she was doing so through the TiVo. How do you get the TV signal to the TiVo?

One thousand three hundred thirty-three, zero

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jsheinz1234 is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:58 AM
jsheinz1234

There is a round plug that comes out from the wall and you screw a cable onto that and there is a corresponding plug in the tivo you screw the other end of that coble in there. Then there are pretty red, white and yellow cables that connect from the Tivo to the TV. Pretty high tech stuff.

It is a problem with the Box itself. Tivo built it funny. Now I have to perform complete deletion and rebuild of the system and it is supposed to fix it. (Crossing fingers!)

Read the link in my above post.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged