TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> Update on Thumbs/TiVo Suggestions Issue <<<

Pages (6): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next » ... Last »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
David Scavo is offline Old Post 04-11-2004 06:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for David Scavo Find more posts by David Scavo Add David Scavo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Scavo

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
The fix is scheduled to be deployed to both Series1 and Series2 standalone DVRs (it's actually data related rather than software related).
Does this problem affect DirecTIVO units ?

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DaveLessnau is offline Old Post 04-11-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveLessnau Find more posts by DaveLessnau Add DaveLessnau to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveLessnau
Love My TiVo!

TiVoBill,

I assume you'll let us know when the fix is deployed. And, just for grins, I'll mention that I lost my two Thumbs Up rating on The Beverly Hillbillies last night (or, more precisely, I noticed the rating was missing this morning).

TiVo TCD240080 w/ Belkin F5D5050 USB Ethernet Adapter and 160GB 7200RPM Samsung SP1604N drive (150hrs 53mins @ Basic) with 4.0.1 Philips HDR112 w/ TurboNET and 120GB 5400 RPM Maxtor drive (145hrs 6mins @ Basic) with 3.0. Both hooked through powerlines to the internet via LinkSys PLEBR10 PowerLine EtherFast 10/100 Bridges, a D-Link DSS-5+ Switch, a SonicWall SOHO3 Internet Security Appliance, and finally a Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem (PCX DOCSIS)

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MaryT is offline Old Post 04-11-2004 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaryT Find more posts by MaryT Add MaryT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaryT

Yesterday, we ran out of suggestions completely. When we got up we had pages & pages of weird suggestions all with dates of 4/10. Last night, the list was empty. We had the "rate shows" message that you get when it's either new or just restarted.

Overnight the list regenerated itself and now only show suggestions for 4/11 & 4/12. I assume we're going to empty out those too. I suspect the list regenerated because we recorded a new, never before thumbed show. The suggestions are still weird, though some of them do match our interest. The vast majority are for childrens and sports programs (neither of which we have ever recorded).

None of our manually thumbed programs are appearing any longer, ever.

Our Now Playing list isn't that long, and we don't have that much to record. We're on a series 2 80 hour.

I sent TivoPony our seriel number several weeks back.

This reminds me of the "enhancement" to suggestions several years back. The suggestions that would most likely record had a yellow ball next to them. Great idea, but the list wasn't ever regenerating itself either. That new feature disappeared pretty quickly .

When can we expect this fix?

Mary

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-12-2004 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by David Scavo
Does this problem affect DirecTIVO units ?

No.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

myriadian is offline Old Post 04-13-2004 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for myriadian Visit myriadian's homepage! Find more posts by myriadian Add myriadian to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
myriadian
psikotic

thanks tivobill!

hey

thanks tivobill for listening and working on this.

M.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ejg25 is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 12:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ejg25 Find more posts by ejg25 Add ejg25 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ejg25

It's affecting my DirecTiVo... exactly as others have described. Suggestions went crazy, and then there were almost no suggestions (except for previously thumbed items) for two weeks straight.

Last edited by ejg25 on 04-14-2004 at 12:55 PM

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MaryT is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MaryT Find more posts by MaryT Add MaryT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MaryT

Mine seem to have come back to normal after Monday's call.

Mary

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 04-14-2004 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by MaryT
Mine seem to have come back to normal after Monday's call.

Mary

Just to let you know, we haven't actually deployed the fix yet (it's still in testing) so it's possible that you may still see erratic Suggestions for now.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MaryT is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 01:12 AM
MaryT

Hummm..... I've got manually thumbed suggestions again and the religious and children's programming seems to be gone.

Perhaps it runs in a cycle. It looks almost normal until it starts running out of suggestions again.

But it did look pretty normal for the last 2 days.

Are you sure you're not testing on me?

Mary

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hutchca is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 01:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hutchca Visit hutchca's homepage! Find more posts by hutchca Add hutchca to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hutchca

My suggestions are completely worthless. It's just recording shows randomly that have no relevance to anything I've rated.
I turned off suggestions, deleted all suggestions and cleared all thumbs data.
Let us know when the fix is deployed so I can turn suggestions back on.

Is all your life will ever be" - Waters

Last edited by hutchca on 04-15-2004 at 01:54 AM

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BelugaWhale is offline Old Post 04-15-2004 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BelugaWhale Find more posts by BelugaWhale Add BelugaWhale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BelugaWhale

My suggestions are better, but there are so few of them. Fewer than normal in the non-recorded suggestions list, and barely any of them actually getting recorded. Too bad, since I'm in a phase when I'd like to be watching more suggestions. After pruning down suggestions that were just plain wrong for me, I only have one left. And that one is only still there because I'm saving it to show to a friend.

I'm sure it will pick up, but it's frustrating to not have good suggestions replace all of the Spanish soap operas and Saturday morning cartoons that I deleted.

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rich Peterson is offline Old Post 04-17-2004 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rich Peterson Find more posts by Rich Peterson Add Rich Peterson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rich Peterson

We are still anxiously awaiting a fix.....

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MaryT is offline Old Post 04-17-2004 09:50 PM
MaryT

Mine must have been an abberation. Since my last post the list is getting shorter & shorter and the manually thumbed programs are disappearing as the date passes.

It's probably going to be empty again soon.

FIX PLEASE - this has been over 6 weeks.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ronsch is offline Old Post 04-17-2004 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ronsch Find more posts by ronsch Add ronsch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ronsch
Advanced Member

I've been seeing just the opposite. Pages and pages of suggestions, lots of thumbs and lots of non-thumbed items too.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

georgemoe is offline Old Post 04-18-2004 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for georgemoe Find more posts by georgemoe Add georgemoe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgemoe
TiVo Army Grunt

Checked my Suggestions today and the page is completely blank. Like my Series 1 was just powered up for the 1st time. It is 2.5 yrs old and was full of suggestions. Am I part of this bug?

Slave to Debbie's SA Philips HDR212 - Born 12/25/2001 - [20GB+160GB=194hrs] 2.5.1 lifetime

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MaryT is offline Old Post 04-18-2004 09:30 PM
MaryT

Yup - you are. Mine emptied itself last week. Only messing around with my SP recording options to force the system to process got a suggestion list back.

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DaveLessnau is offline Old Post 04-18-2004 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveLessnau Find more posts by DaveLessnau Add DaveLessnau to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveLessnau
Love My TiVo!

Found my three Thumbs Up rating on Farscape missing this morning.

TiVo TCD240080 w/ Belkin F5D5050 USB Ethernet Adapter and 160GB 7200RPM Samsung SP1604N drive (150hrs 53mins @ Basic) with 4.0.1 Philips HDR112 w/ TurboNET and 120GB 5400 RPM Maxtor drive (145hrs 6mins @ Basic) with 3.0. Both hooked through powerlines to the internet via LinkSys PLEBR10 PowerLine EtherFast 10/100 Bridges, a D-Link DSS-5+ Switch, a SonicWall SOHO3 Internet Security Appliance, and finally a Toshiba PCX1100U Cable Modem (PCX DOCSIS)

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

murgatroyd is offline Old Post 04-18-2004 11:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for murgatroyd Find more posts by murgatroyd Add murgatroyd to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murgatroyd
TiVo Forum Special Member

I've been only vaguely aware of this problem since I don't record Suggestions, and my TiVo has been full, so I haven't felt the need to go through and pick stuff out of the list.

So today I looked at the Suggestions for the first time in a while. My SA is now in the group with tons of Suggestions, hardly any with thumbs.

Previously my Suggestions list had been much shorter and heavily weighted with thumbed-up shows, most of which I wasn't interested in having TiVo record because I had seen them already.

I can't remember now if I dumped my thumbs ratings and started over fresh, but I decided a while ago to NOT thumb any sbows, but to let TiVo use the implicit thumbs that result from recording things, just to see if I could get more suggestions.

Glancing through my SP manager, I don't see anything wildly wrong (like Dave's missing three thumbs up). There are a lot of one-thumb things that maybe should be higher, but since I've been forgetting to thumb-up shows before I delete them when it's something I've already seen, that could be my fault.

Jan

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BelugaWhale is offline Old Post 04-19-2004 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BelugaWhale Find more posts by BelugaWhale Add BelugaWhale to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BelugaWhale

I assume that the good folks at TiVo have solved the problem. Either that, or my suggestions are back to normal through diligent thumbing of bad suggestions on my part. As of this morning, all of my suggestions are either programs that I have already thumbed up or shows that are similar to other things I like. Yay TiVo!

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

georgemoe is offline Old Post 04-20-2004 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for georgemoe Find more posts by georgemoe Add georgemoe to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
georgemoe
TiVo Army Grunt

quote:
Originally posted by MaryT
Yup - you are. Mine emptied itself last week. Only messing around with my SP recording options to force the system to process got a suggestion list back.

Thanks MaryT.

TivoBill - Any further updates on this? Is an update/fix coming soon?

Thanks!

Slave to Debbie's SA Philips HDR212 - Born 12/25/2001 - [20GB+160GB=194hrs] 2.5.1 lifetime

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged