TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Any HMO update on the radar? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dmets is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 02:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dmets Find more posts by dmets Add dmets to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmets

Any HMO update on the radar?

Just wondering if they have a new version or upgrade in the works... HMO UI is a good start, but it needs serious polishing.... 'specially considering TiVo's pedegree....

Dustin

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CTLesq is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CTLesq Find more posts by CTLesq Add CTLesq to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CTLesq
Oppressor

I would be pleased with a better interface for remotely scheduling programs. While I think TiVo has done a good job with notification for the remote scheduling the interface they provide on their site has a great deal to be desired.

I would point to TvGuide.com as an example of how I think TiVo should allow us to browse through what is on TV.

Of course a full on "update" would also be welcome.

CTL

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 03:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

Updating the remote scheduling website would NOT require an update of the TiVo software so that could happen at any time.

Updating the software on the TiVo is a different story. TiVo upgrades require a lengthy beta test period before they are unleashed on the public, so it's unlikely one of those will be released any time in the immediate future.

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LJayGould is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 05:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LJayGould Find more posts by LJayGould Add LJayGould to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LJayGould

Question Update thoughts

Now that we have clear communication between the TiVo and a PC running a photo/MP server, has any thought been give to offering expanded local communication with the database in the TiVo? It would be really nice to be able to alter programming from a PC interface, have a view of what is on the TiVo HD and how much space it is taking up, and be able to interact with the list of what is available on the air (or cable) and when, and make easier decisions about when to add new programming.

Note that this does NOT involve allow transfer of video files from TiVo to PC, a situation I understand TiVo does not want to support for legal reasons. It occurs to me that the lion's share of this work would be on the PC side with a communication piece added to the TiVo (Web? FTP? Telnet?) for downloading the current database to the PC and uploading in real time the changes made. Any thoughts (or is anyone working on this...?)

Onkyo TX-SR600
Toshiba SD3900 DVD player
Toshiba 42HDX82
Canopus ADVC-100 Capture Box
Toshiba 2455-S305 Laptop

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PrimeRisk is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PrimeRisk Find more posts by PrimeRisk Add PrimeRisk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

LJay,
That is an interesting feature set they could add to the TiVo server. I could really use that feature. It would also be great to speed up the management of SPs. I don't mean that the PC/Mac would do the processing on the list, but just having access to a keyboard and a screen that could show more than a handful of shows on it at a time would be very nice.

Series 2 TiVo TCD240080, 80 hours - Lifetime Subscription w/HMO - Haulin' Tres
Series 2 DTiVos (3 x DSR7000s), 120+ hours
HDTiVo HR10-250, 200SD/30HD hours

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged