TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Beware Airport Extreme Base firmware upgrade 5.1 <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ampm99 is offline Old Post 07-01-2003 02:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ampm99 Find more posts by ampm99 Add ampm99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ampm99
Tivo Zealot

Exclamation Beware Airport Extreme Base firmware upgrade 5.1

I use the MAC OSX automatic Software updater and clicked yes to the most recent Airport Extreme Base Station Firmware updater (5.1). Next time I was in Airprort Admin Utility it asked if I wanted to upload the new firmware and I said yes. I checked the upgrade by using my IBM thinkpad with a wireless G PC card- that was fine. I didn't notice till a few days later that my HMO and broadband updated to TIVO had stopped working. I have a Linksys WET11 wireless ethernet adapter hooked into TIVO (with ethernet to Usb converter) . The wlan light was out and would not go on no matter what I tried. After a few hours I remembered the Airport firmware upgrade. I went to Apple and downloaded the previous firmware 5.04 in a bin file. When I re-opened Airport admin and hit the upload button, it opened a file box where I could select the older firmware bin. As soon as it installed the WET11 started working again. I checked Linksys to see if there was a new Wet11 upgrade but it was the same as the one already installed.

The lesson: Don't install any new network software you aren't ready to un install and test all your important devices before assuming all is well. Posted a note on Apple's support site. Not sure what they will do

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iDriveX is offline Old Post 07-06-2003 02:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iDriveX Visit iDriveX's homepage! Find more posts by iDriveX Add iDriveX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iDriveX
Neo-Trek Lover

Thanks so much. I couldn't figure out what it was. I thought it was this nasty Panther Beta! Where can I download the 5.0.4 firmware update?

AirPort Express

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ampm99 is offline Old Post 07-06-2003 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ampm99 Find more posts by ampm99 Add ampm99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ampm99
Tivo Zealot

Apple Airport Extreme firmware update

Here is the url for the update

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120191

After downloading just use Airport Admin tool . Hit upload button and point to new 5.04 bin file.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iDriveX is offline Old Post 07-07-2003 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for iDriveX Visit iDriveX's homepage! Find more posts by iDriveX Add iDriveX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iDriveX
Neo-Trek Lover

Hmmm....After restarting the TiVo, my Powerbook and the Airport Base Station, the TiVo can see the PowerBook, lists the music but when I play it, it takes forever for it to buffer the music and then it plays it with pops and clicks and the green arrow flashes from green to yellow as if there was network congestion but there is none. It's as if the Airport is having a hard time streaming the music for some reason. Is this what you are experiencing?

AirPort Express

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged