TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> "Angel" Season 5 - SPOILERS (duh) <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
LoadStar is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

"Angel" Season 5 - SPOILERS (duh)

E! Online's Kristin has posted her weekly chat transcript, and she has some interesting tidbits on Angel's season 5. The link, should you want to read it, is at http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Krist...003/030714.html .

A quick summary:
- Mercedes McNabb, who plays Harmony, will be a recurring -- but not a regular -- character this season. You'll remember her as the vacant high school student and vacant member of the Cordettes, who became a vacant vampire and vacant sex object of Spike.
- Stephanie Romanov, who played Lilah, is out. The new character of Eve will be filling the role as the new liason between W&H and Angel Inc.
- Eve may in some way be related to how Spike returns.
- In a total lack of surprise to anyone, Joss is hoping to get SMG herself back for a sweeps episode.

Quick disclaimer: this is from the same person who, while still writing under the nom de plume of "Wanda," was nicknamed "Wrongda" for how frequently she was incorrect.

That said: any thoughts, anyone? As you can tell, I'm not exactly enthused to see Harmony recurring - I'd have been OK with a guest star stint, but recurring? That's just too much of too little neural activity. (Maybe they could do a whole "Legally Blonde" thing and make her act vacant but be really intelligent... naah. Even I can't swallow that one.)

Also, I'm really depressed to hear Romanov out... she was bad and loved it (and we loved her for it). They gave her some of the best lines. Not sure if this Eve person is going to be anything when compared to Lilah.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

conklin2 is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for conklin2 Find more posts by conklin2 Add conklin2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
conklin2
professional dumbass

Lila gone =

I'm hoping the article's wrong on this.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aadam101 is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 05:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aadam101 Find more posts by aadam101 Add aadam101 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

Oh I like Lilah. She's so evil but very professional about it. Everything you want in a lawyer.

Harmony can be funny at times. I hope they don't bring her back to be Spike's girlfriend or something. That will just be lame.

Jamie: Pretty! Who are you?

From The Practice

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 07-16-2003 07:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

I saw Stephanie Romanov on a TV special about vampires in the media, and she was nothing at all like her character. Very giggly, very girlie; my respect for her acting ability soared.

Unfortunately, I think the Lila gone rumor comes straight from Whedon--at least, I'm pretty sure I saw it first in an interview with him. His excuse (something about how difficult it is to send somebody from hell to earth and back on a regular basis) made me think it wasn't done for story purposes...

As for Harmony, my reaction is exactly the same as when Spike joined the Scoobies: "You've got to be kidding!" But they made it work then, so I'm willing to give them a chance this time.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoadStar Find more posts by LoadStar Add LoadStar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

SERIOUS, and I mean SERIOUS, spoilage is about for the first episode, as the first casting sides have just hit the Hollywood streets. Tensai does a good job at summarizing it at Spoiler Slayer.

Very interesting read. If you want to get spoiled, it's worth a look.

EDIT: You can jump right to the Angel spoilers by going to Spoiler Slayer's Angel News page.

Last edited by LoadStar on 07-18-2003 at 02:19 AM

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graymalkin is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graymalkin Find more posts by Graymalkin Add Graymalkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graymalkin
Half-Wit Pundit

Whoo hoo! I love spoilage.

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
So Gunn is really one of the Cat People?

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but you're the man, Gray! -- Thaed
Yes, Gray is one hell of a guy. -- Mavenelle

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 05:02 AM
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

Gray: Since this is a spoiler thread, I don't think you need to spoiler tag your stuff.

Hmm... Harmony in the very first episode? This does not bode well. Although on the upside, the fact that the line about not seeing Lilah anymore is gone is a good thing. I want Lilah back!

I'm not sure how the whole Alias-esque makeover of Angel is going to go. Part of the thing about Angel, from the theme song down, is a whole ethereal champion of the night thing - a whole Batman thing, you know? Alias doesn't have the same feel, and I don't know if it will fit in on Angel.

On the whole, the only thing I have to worry about is Harmony... I have a feeling that's just going to be a mess.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

Well, the Alias remark is an outsider's impression from reading one script...I wouldn't put too much weight on it.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TeeSee is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 05:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TeeSee Visit TeeSee's homepage! Find more posts by TeeSee Add TeeSee to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TeeSee
Advanced Member

The Spike character has grown too much for a relationship between he and Harmony to make sense.

I can handle Harmony as a non-recurring character but not any more than that.

I looooved Lila. MAN I hate that she's gone.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

aadam101 is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 01:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aadam101 Find more posts by aadam101 Add aadam101 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aadam101
Future Prez of ABC

I think Harmony was brought on because the show does not have enough women. With Cordy going to be on recurring status and Lilah gone that only leaves Fred. It's natural they would hire a few others. Any word on Gwen? I like her!

Jamie: Pretty! Who are you?

From The Practice

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 03:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
I saw Stephanie Romanov on a TV special about vampires in the media, and she was nothing at all like her character. Very giggly, very girlie; my respect for her acting ability soared.
Very giggly indeed! Lilah/Romanov fans might want to check out these clips from an old BBC interview.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

NJChris is offline Old Post 07-18-2003 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NJChris Find more posts by NJChris Add NJChris to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NJChris
Moogs!

It's good the show will be on after Smallville. It should help the ratings.

I hope they keep up the good stories with all these changes, I really liked last season. I'm glad spike will be in it. JM brings a lot to that character. Hmm they can bring back a burnt to ashes vampire, but they can't bring back Tara...BAH!!!

Tho I'd like to see another series with Faith/Willow (they'd make a nice couple!)

"....we are all bound to each other by our common humanity despite our many personal differences; that it is our failure to understand and respect those differences that causes most of life's pain and suffering" -Agnes Nixon

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 07-19-2003 08:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

Being on after Smallville may help, but being on against West Wing (at least on the East Coast) has gotta hurt. I end up TiVoing West Wing and taping Angel, but sometimes I forget to watch Angel because it isn't in my Now Playing list.

Maybe West Wing will get canceled (without Aaron Sorkin writing I'm concerned it will only make it one more season). That would fix things for me.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 07-20-2003 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence

DirecTV DVR rules with dual tuners. Oh phooey, I forgot, I don't get locals, so I'll have to use my new DVD recorder for Angel and Smallville. Tape is so 90's.

Still waiting (Sept) for Season 2 DVD set for Angel. I started watching Angel in the middle of S3. Anyone know when FX, or some other channel, may start syndicating Angel?

Waivers for all four nets are in place.
I'm suspicious of newbies, but tolerant!
And, just because I have a bunch of posts doesn't mean I'm always right.
Add 1231 for accurate post count.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 07-20-2003 04:42 AM
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

TNT will be airing Angel syndicated repeats. As for when, they've only said "as early as Fall 2003." I haven't seen any official date announced yet.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kramerboy is offline Old Post 08-26-2003 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kramerboy Find more posts by kramerboy Add kramerboy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kramerboy
Jelly Man

quote:
Originally posted by LoadStar
TNT will be airing Angel syndicated repeats. As for when, they've only said "as early as Fall 2003." I haven't seen any official date announced yet.

Does anyone have an update on an official date for TNT syndication?

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 08-26-2003 12:50 AM
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

From the TV Gal article from August 11:

quote:
"Angel" repeats begin airing on TNT on Monday Sept. 29 at 5 p.m. Beginning Tuesday, Sept. 30 you can catch repeats twice a day, Monday through Friday at 5 and 11 p.m. ET. The Season Two DVDs of "Angel" will be released on Tuesday, Sept. 2.

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 08-26-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JimSpence Visit JimSpence's homepage! Find more posts by JimSpence Add JimSpence to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JimSpence

Straighten me out here. Will these be first run repeats on TNT, like they do with Charmed?
Syndicated repeats implies prior season showings.

I wonder how disturbing the TNT logo and or animated graphics will be?

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

LoadStar is offline Old Post 08-26-2003 05:39 AM
LoadStar
LOAD"*",8,1

These are "strip syndicated" repeats, much as FX does with Buffy. There are no plans to "repurpose" Angel on TNT or anywhere else that I'm aware of.

(Since you mention Charmed, TNT also does strip syndication of Charmed on top of the "repurposed" current episodes. Just thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware. )

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JimSpence is offline Old Post 08-26-2003 08:11 AM
JimSpence

Yeah, I'm aware of the Charmed repeats/repurpose. Makes it difficult to SP them. Especially when the guide data is wrong. Not a problem right now until the new season starts.

I wish they would repurpose Angel. But, at least I can catch the beginning seasons. I have S1 DVD set with S2 on order, so now I wait until TNT gets to S3.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged