TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > DVD TiVo Units
>>> Copying to External DVD-R via USB <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
NetworkGuy is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NetworkGuy Find more posts by NetworkGuy Add NetworkGuy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NetworkGuy

Question Copying to External DVD-R via USB

I have a Hughes HDVR2, DirecTV/Tivo recorder. I heard that I can connnect an external DVD-R via USB to archive recorded shows. Is this true? How do I send the data to the External DVD-R?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic
TiVo Forum Special Member

Whom told you that?

Nope, the USB ports on the HDVR2 are not active.
Plus there is no software option that would archive to anything other then a VCR.

Earl

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcd0312 is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcd0312 Find more posts by jcd0312 Add jcd0312 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcd0312

quote:
Originally posted by ebonovic
Whom told you that?

Nope, the USB ports on the HDVR2 are not active.
Plus there is no software option that would archive to anything other then a VCR.

Actually, there is no software option to output to anything period. You can however output to a set-top DVD recorder (or even a capture card) just as easily as you can to a VCR and get quality results.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ebonovic is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ebonovic Find more posts by ebonovic Add ebonovic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebonovic

What I was refering to was the : Save To VCR option
Which assists in the saving to an outside Analog Source.

Earl

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jcd0312 is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 01:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jcd0312 Find more posts by jcd0312 Add jcd0312 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jcd0312

I know. I didn't figure anyone would think you could output a digital stream to a VCR, but you never know .

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

newsposter is offline Old Post 11-07-2003 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for newsposter Find more posts by newsposter Add newsposter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newsposter

Re: Copying to External DVD-R via USB

quote:
Originally posted by NetworkGuy
I have a Hughes HDVR2, DirecTV/Tivo recorder. I heard that I can connnect an external DVD-R via USB to archive recorded shows. Is this true? How do I send the data to the External DVD-R?

How much do you wanna spend? If you want a nice dvd standalone burner with an 80 gig HD (you can never have enough hours!), look at the panasonic E80 or any of the other wonderful things out there.

in case you are interested:
http://www.epinions.com/pr-Panasonic_DMR-E80_DVD

It's also great if you have any old vhs you need to archive on better medium.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged