TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anyone w/Mac gotten Belkin wireless to work? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ab44 is offline Old Post 11-12-2003 02:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ab44 Find more posts by ab44 Add ab44 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ab44

Anyone w/Mac gotten Belkin wireless to work?

HELP!!! Before I send the wireless adapter back, has anyone out there who is using a Mac gotten the Belkin F5D5060 to work with there wireless network. I've got an Airport Base Station (not extreme) and 2 Macs hooked up to a network.

When I go to the settings screen I don't see an IP address or anything. I've read some of the posts and people seem to be having trouble with this adapter and Macs, so I was just wondering if ANYONE has gotten this adapter to work.

Thank You.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 11-12-2003 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

If you have a "revised" version of the Belkin, you need to get the beta version of the software they're currently testing out. I know the Belkin's version number is on the outside of the box.

Here's a thread with information about the beta...
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=140062

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ab44 is offline Old Post 11-12-2003 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ab44 Find more posts by ab44 Add ab44 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ab44

Thanks. I'll try tht out. Hopefully it will work since it seems that it's the only option for me.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwedding is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwedding Visit jwedding's homepage! Find more posts by jwedding Add jwedding to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwedding
Support AAC Now!

Not that it really has much to do with the subject, but if you can, buy a Linksys. Belkin has decided they know what's good for you...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/69/33858.html

My Linksys is a perfectly sized small USB adapter! Check them out if you return the Belch-kin.

Just my two paranoid cents worth.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mattman is offline Old Post 11-13-2003 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mattman Find more posts by mattman Add mattman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mattman
Deep In The Mattcave

AB-

I have the Belkin F5D6050, not sure if you had a typo or a a different model and it has worked flawlessly on both TiVo's I've had it on. I have had it connected to both an ABS (graphite) and now a XSense WSR-5000. Didn't have to make any changes at all just plugged it in. My Linksys WUSB11 trials let me know how frustrating it is to have everyone say "worked for me" but I wanted to let you know that it is possible.

Matt

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kevinv is offline Old Post 11-14-2003 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kevinv Find more posts by kevinv Add kevinv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kevinv

Re: Anyone w/Mac gotten Belkin wireless to work?

quote:
Originally posted by ab44
HELP!!! Before I send the wireless adapter back, has anyone out there who is using a Mac gotten the Belkin F5D5060 to work with there wireless network. I've got an Airport Base Station (not extreme) and 2 Macs hooked up to a network.

When I go to the settings screen I don't see an IP address or anything. I've read some of the posts and people seem to be having trouble with this adapter and Macs, so I was just wondering if ANYONE has gotten this adapter to work.

Thank You.

I've got a Belkin wireless usb adapter (not sure on the model) working with an Airport hub (the old gray model, not the white one and not the extreme one). I've only got one other Mac connecting to the hub, but it works fine for me.

I have my Airport closed and locked down by MAC address (but no WEP). I had to add the Belkin's MAC address to the hub properties and enter the network name in the tivo, after that it all worked.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Squirrelissimo is offline Old Post 11-15-2003 12:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Squirrelissimo Find more posts by Squirrelissimo Add Squirrelissimo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Squirrelissimo

I tried something like that

As I understand it, the Belkin F5D6050 v2000 currently requires beta software to work on a Series 2 Tivo. It (at v2000) was previously unsupported on Tivos. I found this out the hard way. Earlier models worked - apparently a different chipset is used in v2000 models.

During troubleshooting I tested the F5D6050 on my iMac to confirm it was functional. I recall some initial difficulty, but it ended up working like a charm.

I use a Linksys Access Point for the wireless side of my home network.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged