TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Arrested Development repeats - Why not in order? <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Frank_M is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Frank_M Find more posts by Frank_M Add Frank_M to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Frank_M

Arrested Development repeats - Why not in order?

This show does depend on having seen previous shows... so I was surprised that they ran "Top Banana" (which was show #2) and then "Storming the Castle" (which was from midseason, I believe) last night.

If they're trying to build viewership for this show... they've got to show them in order!

If there's some plan to how/why Fox is doing this... I'm not aware of it.

I've tried to get a few friends into the show, so I'd like to know what Fox is doing.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 08:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

Previous to these two that I just watched, I had only seen one.

I liked it alot (the first one) but man did it take some research here and other places to try and get up to speed. That's one pretty entangled show.

So I watched these two and liked them both but realized I was only getting about 30% of the material.

Now I'm thinking that it would be better to wait for the DVDs so I could watch them in order. Of course, that decision doesn't help the show now and if there are more people that feel that way then there won't be many more shows to watch on DVD.

All that to say, yes I wish they'd air the reruns in order.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

f44 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for f44 Find more posts by f44 Add f44 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
f44

With the expection of "Storming the Castle" last night, I believe they are going to show them in order. Last week, they showed #1 "Pilot," yesterday they showed #2 "Top Banana," and next week is the starting point where they will no longer show 9:30 PM ET reruns but only 8:30 PM ET reruns. And at 8:30 PM ET this upcoming Sunday is #3 "Bringing Up Buster."

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SparkleMotion is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 08:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SparkleMotion Find more posts by SparkleMotion Add SparkleMotion to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SparkleMotion
Passive Aggressive

quote:
Originally posted by Bryanmc
Now I'm thinking that it would be better to wait for the DVDs so I could watch them in order. Of course, that decision doesn't help the show now and if there are more people that feel that way then there won't be many more shows to watch on DVD.
As long as you're not a Nielsen household it doesn't really affect the show.
quote:
All that to say, yes I wish they'd air the reruns in order.
Agreed. Too many shows aren't rerun in order in too many places.

Idiot programmers.

Last edited by SparkleMotion on 06-14-2004 at 08:56 PM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bryanmc Visit Bryanmc's homepage! Find more posts by Bryanmc Add Bryanmc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
Originally posted by SparkleMotion
As long as you're not a Nielsen household it doesn't really affect the show.

I know that, that's why I said if there are more that feel like I do (and one of them is a Nielsen home, I should have spelled that out) then the show may be adversely affected.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ckelly5 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ckelly5 Find more posts by ckelly5 Add ckelly5 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ckelly5

I agree with f44 - I think all the eps shown in the 8:30ET timeslot are in order. I think the 9:30 one was a one time deal, although I hope that I won't regret not recording it....

I have to agree with just about everyone - this show is fantastic! I'll definitely be recording S2 when it airs!

Bring on HMO (and hopefully USB support) to S2 DirecTiVos!

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lurker1 is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lurker1 Find more posts by Lurker1 Add Lurker1 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lurker1

This is the best comedy to come to television in many years. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the intentionally shaky camera.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rhobite is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 12:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rhobite Find more posts by rhobite Add rhobite to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rhobite
Dude

It's currently the best comedy on TV. I've been worried about this show all season, it had the makings of another Firefly. Fox marketed it as a slapstick, waited months to air the season finale, and of course put it up against The Sopranos. Hopefully it doesn't get the axe before next season. Maybe it can get a real timeslot now...

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bidger is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bidger Find more posts by bidger Add bidger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bidger
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by rhobite
Maybe it can get a real timeslot now...
When I was watching MLB on FOX Saturday afternnon I saw a couple of promos for AD which seemed to hint that 8:30PM WAS it's new time slot. Now, whether that was referring to the Summer as opposed to this Fall, I don't know.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bryanmc is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:43 AM
Bryanmc
Will work for money.

quote:
Originally posted by Lurker1
The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is the intentionally shaky camera.

I generally am not a fan of this at all, in fact I can't think of any show I've liked it on.

But I do think it fits this show.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bidger is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bidger Find more posts by bidger Add bidger to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bidger
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bryanmc
I generally am not a fan of this at all, in fact I can't think of any show I've liked it on.

But I do think it fits this show.

Good for you, Bryan. I think it gives a "fly on the wall" perspective personally. I especially liked it in the courtroom scene in the "Beef Consomme" episode.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 06:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

They can't show them all during the summer, so most series jump around...

They probably will show the first few, and then jump around.

I think AD changes timeslots at least once more with Fox's 3 seasons. Fox changes things up after summer, and then again in January.

I believe AD goes to 9 or 9:30 in January.

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flightrisk is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for flightrisk Visit flightrisk's homepage! Find more posts by flightrisk Add flightrisk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flightrisk

The episodes this summer are tentatively scheduled in production order 3-17, with the exception of last Sunday's ep. This is different from the original broadcast schedule, but close enough to make a reasonable amount of sense. The full schedule is on my site (see signature).

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged