TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> "24" - 7 p.m. - 8 p.m. <SPOILERS!> <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 [2] 3 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jlb is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlb Find more posts by jlb Add jlb to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlb

Ensign Ro:

Also, just thinking about this:

quote:
All planes registered in the United States have tail-numbers starting with 'N'

I guess this means Gene Roddenberry went for some "realism" when numbered the Enterprise NCC1701.....

Kate (5 yrs), why do we pause live TV? Because we can Daddy!

The SA TiVO owners motto: Any TiVO is better than no TiVO!

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmyers Find more posts by pmyers Add pmyers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmyers
TiVo Forum Special Member

Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)
I think the guess about the "bomb" not being nuclear and instead being an EMF is pretty likely. This would make sense being that the previews for next week show the ex-NSA guy saying they had known about it for weeks.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Devdog is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 09:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Devdog Find more posts by Devdog Add Devdog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Devdog

Did I miss something?

I am just wondering if I missed something on last night's episode. How did we go from not knowing what Sayed Ali looked like to having his family captured all in the same hour? I mean if they didn't know who he was or what he looked like, how did they know where he lived and get troops over there so quick?

Just wondering.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pmyers Find more posts by pmyers Add pmyers to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pmyers

Re: Did I miss something?

quote:
Originally posted by Devdog
I am just wondering if I missed something on last night's episode. How did we go from not knowing what Sayed Ali looked like to having his family captured all in the same hour? I mean if they didn't know who he was or what he looked like, how did they know where he lived and get troops over there so quick?

Just wondering.

Good question. I do believe they said they knew who he was and what he did, but they said nobody had actually seen him before.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

And it wasn't us who found his family, but rather the "security police" in his native country (who were highly motivated by not wanted to be blamed for a nuclear bomb going off in the US).

I am a little surprised that Jack was able to contact them, make the arrangements, get the family into custody, and prepare the fake murder, all in a few hours, but then, if he can get from downtown to Simi Valley in ten minutes...

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IndyJones1023 is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IndyJones1023 Find more posts by IndyJones1023 Add IndyJones1023 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IndyJones1023
Now in PG!

Once Jack heard the well-known terrorist name Syed Ali, he probably contacted the foreign security police and had them locate Ali's family for just this scenario, should he be able to capture Ali alive.

I think the hillbilly is going to turn out to be one of those "patriots" who live in the woods and hates the government. Once he finds out Kim's (she'll spill the beans) dad works for the government, he'll take her hostage, then Jack has to rescue her and stop the bomb (nucular or EMP).

Come to the Hotlando Meet!

The TC-Con '04 DVD!

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

okleydokley is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for okleydokley Find more posts by okleydokley Add okleydokley to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okleydokley
TIVO version XP

Well, as much as I bag on this show, I have to admit that last nights show was great.
I can’t believe they were torturing two guys at the same time, and Sayed’s family was a great twist. (the Hollywood fake camera bit was a little far fetched, but I think killing a kid is even too much for 24 to allow. I think that is another reason they kicked over the chair, they didn't even want to show a fake shooting of a kid on TV.)

I am starting to suspect everyone.. I also think maybe the Sherry thing is just there to throw us off the real mole Lynn???? And for some reason I have started to get worried about Tony. I know he is doing everything right, but that is why I suspect him.

I am guessing they stop the bomb within the next episode or two and they spend the rest of the episodes on the coup (and on the bouncy girl that should have been eaten by a couger last week.)

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IndyJones1023 is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IndyJones1023 Find more posts by IndyJones1023 Add IndyJones1023 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IndyJones1023
Now in PG!

This show had me riveted like no other in recent memory. Up until the chair got kicked over, I thought there was no doubt Jack would have the kid killed. I mean, this is the guy who shot a federal witness in cold blood, then cut his head off with a hacksaw. And do you remember the tagline before the season started? Something to the effect "those who protect us are the most dangerous."

Come to the Hotlando Meet!

The TC-Con '04 DVD!

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chandler Mike is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chandler Mike Visit Chandler Mike's homepage! Find more posts by Chandler Mike Add Chandler Mike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chandler Mike

I know it will probably come to bite me in the arse later on, but of all the people on the show, Jack and Tony seem to me to be the only ones for SURE on the level IMHO (Kim too, but I'd rather not insult the two guys above by linking her with them).

Great show last night, someone spoke of acting by the Pres, and Ali as being great...but what about Kate? She really did well, talking on the phone to her sister, yelling at Jack...pretty intense.

People I don't trust:

Mike
Lynne
Sherry
Tony's woman at CTU (forget her name)

Mike

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jeff125va is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jeff125va Find more posts by jeff125va Add jeff125va to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeff125va

quote:
Originally posted by Carlucci
From the preview to next week's episode....

Don't tell me Kim is gonna fall for the ol' "tune the radio to static so you'll think the bomb went off and now you and I have to repopulate the Earth, Baby" trick!

Also, I'm not sure I understood what went on when Sherry met with Lynne. Can someone explain what that conversation revealed, if anything?

And of course we have to start NOW before the radiation affects us!

I knew Jack was gonna fake the killings as soon as he was on the phone on his way back to the interrogation room, telling them to proceed with "the plan" when he tells them to. I thought it was obvious that "the plan" was to fake the killings; I knew he wouldn't disobey the President.

Definitely noticed "nucular."

I'm lost now on the Sherry/NSA guy conspiracy. Mike telling Lynne to go to the meeting by herself kinda made me suspicious of him being a mole, but I also think that may just be a red herring.

I also question why Marie would have scheduled her wedding for that day. If the plot hadn't been discovered, we can only assume that the wedding would have gone on as planned. Obviously she was prepared to die but was there some other intention for the wedding had the whole family not been hauled into CTU?

35 hour Philips DSR 704

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Carlucci is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Carlucci Find more posts by Carlucci Add Carlucci to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carlucci
quietly desperate

Well, they established that Marie would leave on her honeymoon immediately after the wedding, so she and Reza would have been safely out of the country. She could then return later and go into "sleep mode" until needed again, or she could have killed Reza in one of those bizarre honeymoon accidents and flee to whatever country she wanted.

Is it living, or just existence?
Yeah, you! It takes a little more persistence
To get up and go the distance"

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tonyoci is offline Old Post 02-12-2003 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tonyoci Find more posts by tonyoci Add tonyoci to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonyoci

I loved the episode and I know why. You can call me shallow but I like the action stuff with Jack a lot more than the Presidential stuff and this was a mostly action episode. Sherry irritates me and all the intrique around the President is just confusing.

We gotta remember there is still 12 hours to go so there will be a lot more suprises yet.

T

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DLiquid is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DLiquid Visit DLiquid's homepage! Find more posts by DLiquid Add DLiquid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DLiquid

quote:
Originally posted by harvscar
Did anyone else notice that in the preview for next week Jack says "Nucular". I don't remember him doing a Bush pronouncement before, but I had to replay it a couple of times to confirm.
Yeah, I noticed it too. Annoying.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pmyers is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 12:38 AM
pmyers

Can somebody enlighten me as to nuclear technology? Lets say that they new the bomb was in a certain hanger. If they bombed that hanger would the nuke go "nuclear"? I seem to remember on some submarine movies or something where the nuke doesn't go nuclear until something is triggered inside.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vertigo235 is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

Thats true if it's not "armed" but I dont know about one that has been armed. Also, what if that's a "safety feature" in US bombs only.

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DreadPirateRob is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DreadPirateRob Find more posts by DreadPirateRob Add DreadPirateRob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DreadPirateRob
Miembro Gigante

1) Jack definitely said "nucular" - I kind of snickered at it myself.

2) I don't trust Sherry (duh), and last night gave me a funny feeling about Mike. I have always wondered about Lynn - she seems too adamant about supporting the President (something along the lines of "methings she doth protest too much". Soul Patch Tony (actually, now he's Sans Soul Patch Tony) is above suspicion to me, which of course means nothing.

3) Wouldn't it be cool, and visually stimulating, if Kevin Dillon turns out to be like Zed from Pulp Fiction. It would kind of slam the trunk door (pun intended) on the whole Kim storyline.

4) If not, can we expect him to break out into song like from Grease 2? "Let's do it for our country..."

5) I don't think the bomb would go off if it was destroyed using conventional means - my nuclear technology knowledge is all gleaned from Tom Clancy novels, but I seem to remember something about it needing a nuclear reaction to trigger the explosion - something about splitting atoms. Which is why they needed Marie to get the trigger.

6) When the ep ended last night, and the "8:00 pm" flashed, my first thought was "Holy Crap - the day is only half over!" Let's hope that mini-finale next week (hour 13) doesn't correspond to the slowdown in Season 1 that happened between hours 14-18.

I think you must be that voice in my head - bluenoise

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tonyoci is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 02:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tonyoci Find more posts by tonyoci Add tonyoci to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonyoci

Last year there was a slowdown because they planned to end the series after 13eps if it was not picked up. Since it was picked up late they had to quickly extend the story, hence the suckage.

Hopefully that will not happen this year.

T

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

smak is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for smak Find more posts by smak Add smak to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smak
new glossy edition

The thing i noticed, is that they know where the bomb is, and they know the plan, but they still are torturing Stanton....

He's still knows something meaningful, and since the next 12 hours aren't going to be chasing the plane, there's a lot more we don't know....

The one thing i find really funny is in the latest opening, Jack says:

"A nuclear bomb is set to explode in Los Angeles, possibly killing 2 million people"

"Forces in our government are plotting against the President and our country"

"My daughter is missing"

Um, get a little perspective there Jack...

-smak-

1. Buy
2. Complain
3. Research
4. Apologize

Come visit us at TC Poker Community

www.tcpokercommunity.com

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 02:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

If they bombed the hanger, there wouldn't be a nucular explosion (), but there could (should?) very well be some local radioactivity. Dunno how much or how far, though.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

philw1776 is offline Old Post 02-13-2003 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for philw1776 Find more posts by philw1776 Add philw1776 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
philw1776

quote:
Originally posted by DreadPirateRob
1) Jack definitely said "nucular" - I kind of snickered at it myself.

5) I don't think the bomb would go off if it was destroyed using conventional means - my nuclear technology knowledge is all gleaned from Tom Clancy novels, but I seem to remember something about it needing a nuclear reaction to trigger the explosion - something about splitting atoms. Which is why they needed Marie to get the trigger.

6) When the ep ended last night, and the "8:00 pm" flashed, my first thought was "Holy Crap - the day is only half over!" Let's hope that mini-finale next week (hour 13) doesn't correspond to the slowdown in Season 1 that happened between hours 14-18.

You mean it's NOT pronounced nook-you-ler? Hey, I'm from New England.

As to triggering a nuclear weapon. ALL nukes, A bombs (fission) or H bombs (more powerful fusion) have an A-bomb trigger. It's likely that if this is a terrorist acquired nuclear device it's the simpler A-bomb type. Now the A bomb gets set off when the fissionable material is brought together rapidly in a perfect way to cause an abrubt chain reaction leading to the fissioning (spliting) of atomic nuclei and the conversion of a tiny bit of mass into energy. The E=MC squared thingy. In any case a conventional explosive shaped charge is used to force the fissionable material together rapidly. Clever technology that I don't understand keeps US nukes from going off even if you blow up the bomb and detonate this shaped charge. What happens with a terrorist nuke in the 24 universe if you bomb it is up to the writers.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged