TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Screen Savers <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
BarryD99 is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 04:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BarryD99 Find more posts by BarryD99 Add BarryD99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BarryD99

Screen Savers

Sorry if this has already been discussed in another thread, but I came home from a two week vacation and I had a Screen Savers recorded that talked about TIVO HMO.

Seemed to me that they were very very positive about all the features, however the last thing they said was they didn't think HMO should cost an additional $99 in addition to the cost of the hardware (which most everyone agrees doesn't have a bunch of profit in it) and the monthly or one time subscription fee. I guess time will tell how the market place views this.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mdscott is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 04:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mdscott Visit mdscott's homepage! Find more posts by mdscott Add mdscott to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdscott
TiVo Forum Special Member

I have found HMO worth the money -- including one MasterCard moment -- taking pictures of Grandkids while on vacation and getting them on their TiVo inLos Angeles from my Mac in Pittsburg within one day -- Priceless!!

mds

Mac G4 867 OS X 10.3.7

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BarryD99 is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 06:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BarryD99 Find more posts by BarryD99 Add BarryD99 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BarryD99

mdscott:

Actually the ability to set up a family member's (who doesn't even have a computer and/or isn't computer literate) to view pictures on their Tivo from your pc is awesome.

I could see alot of families buyinf into this feature.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nrc is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 09:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nrc Visit nrc's homepage! Find more posts by nrc Add nrc to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nrc
Cracker Soul

Kilt-boy complained about the price, but there really aren't any cheaper options that provide even just the MP3 functionality unless you already have some other equipment connected to your entertainment center.

Since I'm stuck on the outside looking in (DirecTivo) I may eventually opt for a separate piece of hardware to get MP3 functionality, but I'd much rather just pay $99 and use my existing TiVo.

Who's anyone at all

-- Warren Zevon

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pkscout is offline Old Post 06-25-2003 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pkscout Find more posts by pkscout Add pkscout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pkscout
TiVo Forum Special Member

I find a listen to my music collection *alot* more now that it's easy to get to them. No more fumbling through CDs, I just pick what I want from the TiVo menu and listen to stuff while I'm cooking dinner. My wife likes that she can show off her pictures on the TV when folks come over too. She has some really get pictures of our dive trips, and the TiVo helps her justify to herself the money she spent on the underwater housing for her digital camera.

All-in-all, it was well worth $99. Of course, I'd of happily paid less for it...

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

boone is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for boone Find more posts by boone Add boone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boone

I have 30gigs of Music and 15 gigs of photo's HMO is well worth the 99 bucks. I have since removed all of my old Rio Receivers and put them on Ebay.

Regards.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

csmith0406 is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 08:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for csmith0406 Find more posts by csmith0406 Add csmith0406 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
csmith0406

I concur with the other posters, I listen to my music collection so much more now, and it is just great to show pictures on the TV. $99 for this functionality is very competitive when you compare it to other devices. And it took me five minutes to download and install.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PrimeRisk is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 07:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PrimeRisk Find more posts by PrimeRisk Add PrimeRisk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PrimeRisk
TechnoGeek

I was a HUGE skeptic of HMO being worth $99. You can search the Coffee House if you want to see how much of as skeptic I was. With at 30 day money-back guarantee, you can't lose. Try it out and you'll see how it is really worth it. I absolutely love the features and think that $99 is a deal!

I recently subscribed to DirecTV and now have 2 DTiVos. HMO is not available on the DTiVos (yet I keep hoping) and I really miss the features.

Series 2 TiVo TCD240080, 80 hours - Lifetime Subscription w/HMO - Haulin' Tres
Series 2 DTiVos (3 x DSR7000s), 120+ hours
HDTiVo HR10-250, 200SD/30HD hours

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Stuckeyboss is offline Old Post 06-26-2003 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Stuckeyboss Find more posts by Stuckeyboss Add Stuckeyboss to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stuckeyboss

The HMO has been worth every penny to me. As other posters have said, I listen to my music collection a lot more than I did prior to having HMO. The convienence of being able to call up any artist, cd, etc. via the remote control is just to great.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged