TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Editing video using HMO <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dpz is offline Old Post 06-28-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dpz Find more posts by dpz Add dpz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpz
perchance to dream

Question Editing video using HMO

This is weird.

When there's just a snippet of a show that I want to output via S-Video to my Mac, I record it on my LR TiVo, and pause just before the beginning of the snippet. Then on my Study TiVo (the one connected to the Mac), I use HMO to start transferring from the paused location, and stop the transfer just after the snippet.

The snippet on the Study Tivo operates just fine, and takes up much less space than the whole program (most of which I don't care to save).

But -- here's the weird part -- if I try to transfer it back to the LR TiVo for some reason, the transfer aborts out during the setup saying the remote TiVo is no longer available on the network. It's still there on the Now Playing menu, though, and otherwise acts normally.

Anyone else see this?

-dp

AirPort Extreme Base Station

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dan203 is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dan203 Visit Dan203's homepage! Find more posts by Dan203 Add Dan203 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan203
Cyn-er

Sounds like a network problem. Are they on a wireless, wired or mixed network? I know I've read about some people having problems with mixed networks only when going in one direction. Perhaps this is what you are seeing. have you tried transfering any other shows from the Study to the Livingroom? Do those transfer correctly?

Dan

All with Lifetime
Note: Two of the above TiVos actually belong to loopey, but I have access to them so I'm counting them

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" - loopey
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoPony (link)
"Dan's absolutely correct." - TiVoOpsMgr (link)

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

flyersfan is offline Old Post 07-02-2003 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for flyersfan Find more posts by flyersfan Add flyersfan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flyersfan

I believe the problem comes from trying to transfer a twice-paused show. I'm not sure why it totally borks, but this doesn't seem to work.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dpz is offline Old Post 07-04-2003 05:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dpz Find more posts by dpz Add dpz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dpz
perchance to dream

It's a mixed wired/wireless network. Everything else works fine: daily TiVo updates, transferring "normal" shows in both directions (from the beginning or from paused location). It's the "edited" shows I have problems with, where I cancelled the transfer (without delete) after receiving the part that I wanted to keep.

-dp

AirPort Extreme Base Station

Last edited by dpz on 07-07-2003 at 11:25 PM

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged