Registered: Oct 2000
Location: Twin Cities - Minnesota
Re: What does HMO really get you?
I love the show sharing between two tivos, and I've really gotten good use out of photo features with family and friends with a recent adoption trip to China to get our daughter.
As for new releases, features, I really hope TiVo packages them under new releases of HMO and they won't cost more.
I bought HMO as an early adopter, expecting that the service would improve in time...just like when I bought my first TiVo in October, 2000.
HMO Release 2 - Wishlist:
1) season pass/schedule conflict resolution,
2) music playing at the same time as viewing photos,
3) More robust music/photo mgmt & playback (WMA, etc., without the need for JRiver, etc.) Or TiVo should just buy JRiver and/or OEM it.
4) Upgraded Show Sharing: Allow Immediate/Begin transfer of shows that are recording in progress from the other TiVo, etc...) I've got a digital settop box on the downstairs TiVo, but not upstairs, etc. so if want to watch a show almost live (I don't want to wait for the recording to complete, etc.).
5) Support for Wireless G products, and any upcoming USB2.0 Wirless G adapters.
Series 2 - Next Release - Wishlist:
1) User Defined Groups/Folders
2) Deletion of Whole Groups/Folders with one selection
3) Save to VCR of entire groups/folders (yes, same as batch save to VCR, under the aspices of user defined groups/folders).
Stop worrying about TiVo Suggestions (i.e. Thumbs) to get things right.
Use WISHLISTS and priortize with Season Pass Manager instead! They are some of the best things about TiVo.
Last edited by d_anders on 08-06-2003 at 12:58 AM
POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator
| IP: Logged