TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> 2003-04 Shared-Window/Repurposed Network Television <<<

Pages (4): « Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lambertman is offline Old Post 10-31-2003 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lambertman Visit lambertman's homepage! Find more posts by lambertman Add lambertman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lambertman
Hmm, that's strange

<em>What the hell does that leave?</em>

That meant it could be 2 reality and 2 scripted shows, 3 and 1, et al... not that the only shows could be mixtures of the two genres.

BTW, Fox reruns the 24 pilot tonight at 9 EST.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike20878 is offline Old Post 10-31-2003 01:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike20878 Find more posts by Mike20878 Add Mike20878 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike20878
Jake's dad

quote:
Originally posted by lambertman
<em>What the hell does that leave?</em>

That meant it could be 2 reality and 2 scripted shows, 3 and 1, et al... not that the only shows could be mixtures of the two genres.

BTW, Fox reruns the 24 pilot tonight at 9 EST.

Oh, ok, that makes more sense.

Fox hasn't bothered to pull their ads for tonight's programming. They're still running ads for the encore of Skin.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grecorj is offline Old Post 10-31-2003 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for grecorj Visit grecorj's homepage! Find more posts by grecorj Add grecorj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grecorj
TiVo Forum Special Member

Without a Trace -- repurposing on TNT starting 2004-05 season.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...4364|1|,00.html

Looking for news about TiVo? Try TiVoNews

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 10-31-2003 11:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rasheed Find more posts by rasheed Add rasheed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rasheed
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by grecorj
Without a Trace -- repurposing on TNT starting 2004-05 season.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...4364|1|,00.html

Thanks to MirclMax also on this story.

As my side note, I think the agreement starting in 2004 will still be one season behind though (Fall 2004 will air 2003-04 season). I could be wrong in how I read it, but this is what I think.

Rasheed

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

changk is offline Old Post 11-23-2003 10:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for changk Find more posts by changk Add changk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
changk

Zap2It reports that ABC will begin re-airing episodes from Monk's second season, beginning on Jan. 17th @ 10 pm. New episodes on USA will begin the night before, Jan. 16th. It is unclear from the article if the new episodes on USA (second season, part II, or third season?) will air on ABC as well.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 11-27-2003 08:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rasheed Find more posts by rasheed Add rasheed to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rasheed
Advanced Member

Talking Some updates

I've cleaned up the first post a bit, and added some reverse shared-windows (cable to broadcast) (such as the aformentioned Monk).

Rasheed

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 01-01-2004 02:47 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

This is still alive.

ABC will keep it going with Bachelorette and Celebrity Mole Yucatan on ABC Family. Karen Sisco is still going through the episodes that already aired on ABC on USA (good chance to catch-up with this series before it comes back in March).

L&O 2 and 3 still work well on USA too. Guess what? Since NBC owns USA now too, this is all good for the Peacock.

NBC has started doing some repurposing of Celebrity Poker Showdown from Bravo, and I'm sure you won't be surprised when The Apprentice shows up on Bravo.

Rasheed

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

grecorj is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for grecorj Visit grecorj's homepage! Find more posts by grecorj Add grecorj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
grecorj
TiVo Forum Special Member

"The Apprentice" will be repurposed on CNBC Thursdays at 10pm.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/018070.html

Looking for news about TiVo? Try TiVoNews

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

devdogaz is offline Old Post 01-16-2004 02:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for devdogaz Find more posts by devdogaz Add devdogaz to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
devdogaz
Member in Law

Well. I forgot to record The Bachelorette for my wife last night. She wondered if they were showing any of these on ABC Family and I didn't see anything in the guide. Does anyone know if they are doing that this season?

(Hopefully they're not and I can ween my wife off of this show. We already watch West Wing and The O.C. in that timeslot.)

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 01-18-2004 06:28 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

OP has been updated.

quote:
Originally posted by grecorj
"The Apprentice" will be repurposed on CNBC Thursdays at 10pm.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/018070.html

Thank you, I have updated the main post. I had the right information, but wrong shared-window channel. CNBC makes great sense though. Good choice.

quote:
Originally posted by devdogaz
Well. I forgot to record The Bachelorette for my wife last night. She wondered if they were showing any of these on ABC Family and I didn't see anything in the guide. Does anyone know if they are doing that this season?

The ABC Family window typically starts near the end of the ABC run. While it is not yet scheduled, it appears pretty assured that it will air because that is right within the ABC Family demo audience (if you have been paying attention to the original tv movies they have been airing). I also hope ABC Family airs Celebrity Mole Yucatan for those who like to watch Law and Order on NBC.

Also, as I already had listed, Monk older episodes air on ABC. This has started up again too.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...202#post1291202

Rasheed

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 12:44 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Lightbulb New FAQ Question Answered

Based on a question I received, I updated the FAQ.

quote:

7. Okay, when I go to look at the matching shows for the TAFWL, I only see the airings for the broadcast channel and not the cable repeats. Is my TAFWL going to work?

Ah, what you're seeing is a trick of the default display of the WL area.

In WL area, when you see the initial matching list of showings, it will not show any one specific episode twice. So, if the next airing of each unique episode is on the broadcast channel side, those will show up in the matching display list. This *does not* mean that your TAFWL is not going to match to the cable airings. To prove this concept, check the matching list on your WL when you know the next airing of a particular episode on any network is the cable version and you should see the cable version pop up on the first matching screen on the WL.

This was done in general on the WL feature to prevent showing the same episode twice as part of the matching list, but the TAFWL will find an appropriate alternate airing to record if the first listed showing of the episode causes a conflict with a higher-rated ARWL, SP, or single-check recording. The blue star will show up on the encore airings when you setup the TAFWL appropriately if you can't record the initial airings and you do have openings to schedule the cable airings.

Rasheed

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 01-31-2004 05:17 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Even though Karen Sisco has been cancelled, it appears the remaining episodes are likely to air on USA. There might be at least one episode scheduled for late February. If so, the TAFWL should be able to pick it up automatically.

Same might apply to LA Dragnet.

Rasheed

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 02-13-2004 04:19 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Celebrity Mole Yucatan is scheduled to air on ABC Family (FAM/FAMP) on Sunday, 2/22/2004 as a marathon. Change your TAFWL to record Repeats and FRO to catch the earlier episodes. Watch for any conflicts you may have, but having the timeslots before most of the primetime should work out for most folks.

Rasheed

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 03-14-2004 02:38 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Still doing pretty good.

Cable marathons coming up of broadcast/network television shows include:

The Bachelorette (Saturday 3/20/2004) on ABC Family (FAM/FAMP)
Arrested Development (Sunday 3/21/2004) on FX (FX/FXP)

NBC is still airing new episodes of four shows on cable channels as well (including arguably its biggest hit and strategic ratings show, The Apprentice and continued ratings kings: L&O: CI and L&O: SVU).

If you want Fox to continue airing Arrested Development on FX, watch/record the marathon.

Rasheed

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sunworshipper is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 08:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sunworshipper Find more posts by sunworshipper Add sunworshipper to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sunworshipper

Unaired episodes of KAREN SISCO on USA

"Dog Day Sisco" - Wed 3/31 10:00 pm EST on USA Network

To my knowledge, this is the first episode of "Karen Sisco" to air on USA that never aired on ABC. Let's hope the other unaired eps follow.

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 03-24-2004 08:36 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Karen Sisco remaining episodes on USA

This is April's schedule (tentative though):

MAR 31 10:00 PM KAREN SISCO DOG DAY SISCO (UNAIRED EPISODE)
APR 07 10:00 PM KAREN SISCO NO ONE'S GIRL (UNAIRED EPISODE)
APR 14 10:00 PM KAREN SISCO HE WAS A FRIEND OF MINE (UNAIRED EPISODE)

APR 06 12:30 AM KAREN SISCO JUSTICE (OLD EPISODE)
APR 13 12:30 AM KAREN SISCO NOSTALGIA (OLD EPISODE)
APR 20 12:00 AM KAREN SISCO DEAR DERWOOD (OLD EPISODE)
APR 27 1:00 AM KAREN SISCO NOBODY'S PERFECT (OLD EPISODE)

Rasheed

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 04-16-2004 07:09 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Quick! The sky is falling. (dssdbs found this)

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...%7C1%7C,00.html

The next episode of 24 will have two additional airings on FX. This is a one-time event.

If you have the TAFWL as recommended, you should catch this automatically.

Rasheed

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 04-21-2004 01:30 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Fox is encoring much of its new summer programming (scripted and reality). Five of the six new seasons of shows to air this summer will air twice each week. I've updated the first post to reflect this new information. Technically, a SP will work just fine aside from the previous TAFWL recommendations. It's up to you in this case.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=125126

Reference: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...7635|1|,00.html

In case you are wondering, a new version (2004-2005) of this thread will appear in the late Fall since most networks will keep their encore plans secret until then.

Rasheed

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 04-29-2004 03:16 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

The WB has followed suit to encore its original scripted summer series, Summerland.

Added to OP: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...threadid=125126

Reference: http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tv...7815|1|,00.html

Rasheed

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rasheed is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 09:45 AM
rasheed
Advanced Member

Another addition!

Bravo has scheduled Restuarant from NBC. TAFWL works well.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-v...202#post1291202

Rasheed

POST #60 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged