TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> IMPORTANT: Home Media Option Free Trial Activation Issues <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-09-2003 04:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Post IMPORTANT: Home Media Option Free Trial Activation Issues

We have identified an issue which caused some customers who requested the Home Media Option trial on their DVR to not receive it on Monday. We have identified which customers this issue affected, and are currently validating and importing the data. We expect that the import will be completed by tomorrow. At that time, those customers who were affected should be able to activate the trial on their next connection to the TiVo service. I will post more details as they become available.

Note: If you did request the Free Trial on your DVR and havn't received it yet, please do not contact our call center, email support team, or myself at this point since we will not be able to do anything while they are adding the additional people to the trial. Please be patient and watch here for further details.

Last edited by TiVoBill on 08-09-2003 at 05:03 AM

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 08-09-2003 07:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

Thanks for the public announcement on this Bill, and keep your fingers crossed for all of us who've been waiting more than 4 days to have our trial activated.

Al Finegold

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

circeus is offline Old Post 08-14-2003 03:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for circeus Find more posts by circeus Add circeus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
circeus

Hmmm...now I'm in the trial phase for HMO and liking it enough that I'm planning to keep it. However when I log into my TiVo account at the website it still says "No" under HMO. I figure this is because I haven't been charged for or paid for the service yet -- I'm just on the trial. At what point will I be billed and charged?

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-14-2003 03:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by circeus
Hmmm...now I'm in the trial phase for HMO and liking it enough that I'm planning to keep it. However when I log into my TiVo account at the website it still says "No" under HMO. I figure this is because I haven't been charged for or paid for the service yet -- I'm just on the trial. At what point will I be billed and charged?

You won't be charged until you sign up for it in Manage My Account. You can sign up for Home Media Option inside Mange My Account whenever you like. If you don't sign up by August 31st, the Free Trial will expire and you will not be able to use the features until you activate.

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bill_Batch is offline Old Post 08-14-2003 03:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bill_Batch Find more posts by Bill_Batch Add Bill_Batch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill_Batch

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
You won't be charged until you sign up for it in Manage My Account. You can sign up for Home Media Option inside Mange My Account whenever you like. If you don't sign up by August 31st, the Free Trial will expire and you will not be able to use the features until you activate.

Please see my other reply (today) to one of your posts on this subject, first. Now, I'm even further confused. I have a printout from a page on your website which say "must purchase by Sept. 15th" ????

This is crazy, Bill. I can provide more details if you want 'em, if it makes any difference, etc..

BB

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-14-2003 11:03 PM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill_Batch
Please see my other reply (today) to one of your posts on this subject, first. Now, I'm even further confused. I have a printout from a page on your website which say "must purchase by Sept. 15th" ????

This is crazy, Bill. I can provide more details if you want 'em, if it makes any difference, etc..

BB

Sorry there is confusion. The Free Trial runs from August 4th - August 31st. Nobody pays anything during the trial and it will automatically be turned off if the customer doesn't purchase Home Media Option by August 31st. The special promotional pricing of $59.00 is currently scheduled to end on September 15th and is not related (directly) to the Free Trial. There is always a 30-day money back guarantee on Home Media Option. Hope that clarifies things.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

circeus is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for circeus Find more posts by circeus Add circeus to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
circeus

quote:
Sorry there is confusion. The Free Trial runs from August 4th - August 31st. Nobody pays anything during the trial and it will automatically be turned off if the customer doesn't purchase Home Media Option by August 31st. The special promotional pricing of $59.00 is currently scheduled to end on September 15th and is not related (directly) to the Free Trial. There is always a 30-day money back guarantee on Home Media Option. Hope that clarifies things.

Ahhh...thanks Bill!!! I was under the impression that signing up for one was the same as signing up for the other (I figured I was getting the 1st month free kind of thing). Not sure why I thought that -- but probably because both offers kind of came up at once.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bill_Batch is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bill_Batch Find more posts by Bill_Batch Add Bill_Batch to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill_Batch

quote:

Just to make sure I really understand you: I have HMO turned on now, thanks to your help. I can wait until Aug. 31 to purchase it, and the total price for 2 Tivos (perhaps after rebate, etc.) will be $108. Is this correct? Also, this HMO fee is one time period, right (as opposed to one time annually or whatever)

While on this subject, I've been curious: For me, I'll never be interested in any of the current HMO functions except MRV. In System Info on the Tivo, I find it curious that activation fields are listed for each current HMO function....rather than just "HMO = active". Can you say that this might imply if one only wanted a single feature or two (like me)...they may be able to buy such in the future at a further reduced price?

Thanks,
BB

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 08-15-2003 04:17 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill_Batch
Just to make sure I really understand you: I have HMO turned on now, thanks to your help. I can wait until Aug. 31 to purchase it, and the total price for 2 Tivos (perhaps after rebate, etc.) will be $108. Is this correct? Also, this HMO fee is one time period, right (as opposed to one time annually or whatever)

Correct. If you purchase Home Media Option sometime between now and September 15th, you will be charged $99.00 for the first Home Media Option and $49.00 for the second. You will then receive a credit of $40.00 on your credit card within a week or so after your purchase. It's a one-time fee and is tied to a particular DVR.

quote:
While on this subject, I've been curious: For me, I'll never be interested in any of the current HMO functions except MRV. In System Info on the TiVo, I find it curious that activation fields are listed for each current HMO function....rather than just "HMO = active". Can you say that this might imply if one only wanted a single feature or two (like me)...they may be able to buy such in the future at a further reduced price?

It's possible, but we have not announced any plans to "unbundle" the features of Home Media Option, so I wouldn't expect it anytime in the near future.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

HeatherA is offline Old Post 08-17-2003 04:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HeatherA Find more posts by HeatherA Add HeatherA to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HeatherA
Old AVS Forum Member

Hi all! I've just purchased my first TiVo series 2 (3rd TiVo to join the family) and I'm wondering how (or if) I can still get in on the free trial of the HMO in order to decide if we want to add those features or not.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

Thanks in advance!

TiVo Series 2 40 Hour - 186 Hours
DirecTiVo 35 Hour - 104 Hours
DirecTiVo 35 Hour - 214 Hours
DirecTiVo 35 Hour - Not Upgraded
~~~~~~~~~~~~

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rose4uKY is offline Old Post 08-17-2003 11:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rose4uKY Find more posts by Rose4uKY Add Rose4uKY to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rose4uKY

Someone please help me cause I am so confused. I bought the LynkSys Routher and the USB wirless adapter today. I bought another Tivo for my bedroom which is where I want HMO. If I like it I will get it on my living room Tivo. But right now my Tivo is all hooked up and the routers and adapters are hooked up. How do I get it to download info? Do I need to do the phone line thing the 1st time only for it to download info then after the 1st time it will use the computer and do HMO? I am stuck right now on the Tivo screen wanting to dial the number but no phone cords are plugged in cause I thought it all went through the computer and the wireless usb adapter and router.

Sorry but this is all new to me and I no nothing about Routers and Adapters but LynKSys said go to your Tivo central to see the free trial well I cant go there I am still at the screen where it wants to dial up through a phone line. So I purchased the Home Media but I didn't want to pay for it now I wanted to try it 1st. I then downloaded the Tivo software. I am so confused. I guess I will go plug it up to the phone line the 1st time and let it do its thing likt it did out in my living room unless someone e-mails me back soon. Thanks, Rose

8/16/03 Just bought a 2nd 80 hour
Tivo for bedroom wanting to try
HMO.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 09-02-2003 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerBob Find more posts by FarmerBob Add FarmerBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerBob

quote:
You will then receive a credit of $40.00 on your credit card within a week or so after your purchase.

Bill, I don't understand, if the price is $59 why is $99 being charged with $40 being credited back. I know that crediting a credit card is time consuming, tedious, and not always accurate. Why isn't just the $59 being charged and that's that? Why add a complication to the mix and cost me added interest charges? Or is banking the extra $40 for a "week or so" adding to the TiVo, Inc. coffers with capital interest?

-fb

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kindred is offline Old Post 09-02-2003 09:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kindred Find more posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kindred

Bill, did you know about them going until Sept 15 with the rebates? check out the note at
[url]http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php[url]postid=1360603#post1360603

Hope I got the post correctly!

Jack

Last edited by Kindred on 09-02-2003 at 09:43 PM

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 09-03-2003 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

FarmerBob and others, you're right, and I'm not sure anybody outside the TiVo accounting department can understand why it wants to charge us $99 and then subsequently credit us $40, instead of just charging us $59. Never mind the added-cost to us, it's minuscle compared to the added cost to TiVo to separately process both a debit and later a credit transaction, given the need to program the computer for matches, to create and apply internal controls to make sure that all valid credits are given and that no duplicate or otherwise invalid credits given, etc. etc. (I've read somewhere that it costs a company in the $15-$20 range to process a credit card transaction.) Not to mention the laughter or even more negative reactions among its customers who have to wonder what dunderhead in TiVo thought up this useless, costly, crackpot accounting scheme.

Al Finegold

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kindred is offline Old Post 09-03-2003 12:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kindred Find more posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kindred

Rose4uKY
You might try starting a new thread for this problem. I think the easy way is to swap the Living Room TiVo with the Bedroom TiVO and let them get to version 4.01 and then place them in the permenate positions. This will give you the correct software to work with the networking solution you are aiming at.

By making this a new thread, you stand a better chance of somebody answering your questions! It's kind of buried in some other stuff!!!

Good luck..

Don't hesitate to ask questions, thats what this is for!!!

Jack

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rose4uKY is offline Old Post 09-03-2003 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rose4uKY Find more posts by Rose4uKY Add Rose4uKY to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rose4uKY

Sorry but I am up and running now.. I don't even remember what I asked sorry. But I got the correct version and have HMO in my bedroom and really like it. I didn't need HMO in my living room cause I have digital cable there with all the music plus my computer with all my music is right by there also. But I am all set the router and adapter is working and I love listening to my MP3's back in my bedroom it's too cool. But this forum has helped a lot. Thanks, Rose

HMO.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bkeyport is offline Old Post 09-03-2003 10:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bkeyport Find more posts by bkeyport Add bkeyport to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bkeyport

quote:
Originally posted by FarmerBob
Bill, I don't understand, if the price is $59 why is $99 being charged with $40 being credited back. I know that crediting a credit card is time consuming, tedious, and not always accurate. Why isn't just the $59 being charged and that's that? Why add a complication to the mix and cost me added interest charges? Or is banking the extra $40 for a "week or so" adding to the TiVo, Inc. coffers with capital interest?

-fb

The reason is simple. The price is $99, with a $40 rebate if you keep it. What they're doing is rebating the FIRST machine only. the HMO option costs $99. For your first machine, the cost is $59. By charging $99 and then reviewing the charge later and issuing the $40 back, they're assuring they get the proper fee for the proper units (and saving money overall)

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rose4uKY is offline Old Post 09-03-2003 10:38 AM
Rose4uKY

I haven't seen my 40 dollar credit yet. I paid off my credit card a couple weeks ago on-line. After I made my payment I cancelled it and redid it for 40 dollars less. So I am hoping the credit shows up on my next statement.
Rose

HMO.

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 02:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerBob Find more posts by FarmerBob Add FarmerBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerBob

quote:
[B"If you purchase Home Media Option sometime between now and September 15th, you will be charged $99.00 for the first Home Media Option and $49.00 for the second. You will then receive a credit of $40.00 on your credit card within a week or so after your purchase."[/B]

Bill where did you get the info that made you say that the refund would be made within a week or so? Because it looks like it's more like "or so" and "so" is a very long time.

And yes I forgot to mention in my earlier post that the vendor processing fees for the individual credit card transactions are costly to the vendor can add up, considerably. I doubt that the powers that be will take a loss on this so our rebates may take a while.

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 02:52 AM
FarmerBob

I am also troubled by the fact that the "Terms and Conditions" links that are *ed after the price are not available and have not been for quite some time on every eMail that I have received or any of the TiVo web pages I have gone to. Everytime I have tried to get to them I get either a 404 page, nothing, or the page never resolves. This could be a web related problem on my side, but I doubt it. I'm not having a problem like this anywhere else.

I'd really like to read the T&Cs. They may explain the "or so" a little more.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged