TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> IMPORTANT: Home Media Option Free Trial Activation Issues <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 10:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by FarmerBob
I am also troubled by the fact that the "Terms and Conditions" links that are *ed after the price are not available and have not been for quite some time on every eMail that I have received or any of the TiVo web pages I have gone to. Everytime I have tried to get to them I get either a 404 page, nothing, or the page never resolves. This could be a web related problem on my side, but I doubt it. I'm not having a problem like this anywhere else.

I'd really like to read the T&Cs. They may explain the "or so" a little more.

I went to the Home Media Option Page linked off of the home page (http://www.tivo.com/4.9.asp) and then clicked on the Terms and Conditions link at the bottom and it correctly displayed the T&Cs (http://www.tivo.com/4.9.12.asp). Is that the page that you tried to click on the T&C's from, or was there a different page? Are you still having trouble viewing it? Anybody else having trouble viewing it?

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

FarmerBob is offline Old Post 09-08-2003 12:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FarmerBob Find more posts by FarmerBob Add FarmerBob to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FarmerBob

I Can See!

The Terms and Conditions are now available. But the redirecting URLs are different than they were yesterday "or so". I guess that someone cleaned up the redirect because that URL was a mile long and now all the links that wouldn't work go to the same URL's that Bill posted and quite quickly.

And there it says "please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the credit to appear" even though it's an automatic (implying instant) credit. That's a long time that will most definitely overlap some peoples credit card closing dates. I find it funny that they can take the cash instantly, but returning it takes much longer. I still don't see why they just can't charge $59 and save us all and them the trouble and expense of the credit.

Thanks Bill.

-fb

Last edited by FarmerBob on 09-08-2003 at 01:02 AM

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-08-2003 01:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: I Can See!

quote:
Originally posted by FarmerBob
The Terms and Conditions are now available. But the redirecting URLs are different than they were yesterday "or so". I guess that someone cleaned up the redirect because that URL was a mile long and now all the links that wouldn't work go to the same URL's that Bill posted and quite quickly.

And there it says "please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the credit to appear" even though it's an automatic (implying instant) credit. That's a long time that will most definitely overlap some peoples credit card closing dates. I find it funny that they can take the cash instantly, but returning it takes much longer. I still don't see why they just can't charge $59 and save us all and them the trouble and expense of the credit.

Thanks Bill.

-fb

Glad to hear it is working now. They did publish some new web pages on Friday, so whatever was happening before may have been corrected by that. I think that "automatic" part means that you don't have to do anything to receive the $40.00. It's a much more complicated procedure on our end. :-) That said, most of the credits have been processed already. If you don't see yours soon, send me a PM and I will check on it for you.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dwbh is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dwbh Visit dwbh's homepage! Find more posts by dwbh Add dwbh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwbh

quote:
Originally posted by TiVoBill
You won't be charged until you sign up for it in Manage My Account. You can sign up for Home Media Option inside Mange My Account whenever you like. If you don't sign up by August 31st, the Free Trial will expire and you will not be able to use the features until you activate.
I signed up and was still disconnected!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dwbh is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 05:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dwbh Visit dwbh's homepage! Find more posts by dwbh Add dwbh to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dwbh

Re: Re: I Can See!

quote:
Glad to hear it is working now. They did publish some new web pages on Friday, so whatever was happening before may have been corrected by that. I think that "automatic" part means that you don't have to do anything to receive the $40.00. It's a much more complicated procedure on our end. :-) That said, most of the credits have been processed already. If you don't see yours soon, send me a PM and I will check on it for you.
A credit would be a wonderful thing, but in my case the option was just suspended, and just when I was getting used to it.

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

patcondon is offline Old Post 09-28-2003 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for patcondon Find more posts by patcondon Add patcondon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patcondon

free trial and new member

I signed up for the free trial weeks and weeks ago. But then I moved and just got my Tivo setup again.

Then I got an email for the $59 trial. So I tried 5 or 7 times to signup, each time the website was "unavailable".

So today I went to the website, thinking maybe I needed to enter my credit card AGAIN to get the trial going (since it never worked before, even though I signed up, then tried to signup for $59, and then downloaded the Publisher and published music and photos).

Except the email confirmation wasn't "free". It was for the FULL amount. To top it off, I just purchased a 2nd Tivo ($330), want to activate it (another $300), and add the home media option (more $$).

Does anyone know who to talk to get my $59 initiation fee, instead of $99?

Thanks,
pat

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

afinegold is offline Old Post 09-28-2003 11:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for afinegold Find more posts by afinegold Add afinegold to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
afinegold

Send a private message to TivoBill and see if he can do anything for you. Because of your situation, you may be caught in the rule that the $59 price was only good thru 9/15/03. TivoBill may be able to pull some stirngs for you.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 12:13 AM
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

Re: free trial and new member

quote:
Originally posted by patcondon
I signed up for the free trial weeks and weeks ago. But then I moved and just got my Tivo setup again.

Then I got an email for the $59 trial. So I tried 5 or 7 times to signup, each time the website was "unavailable".

So today I went to the website, thinking maybe I needed to enter my credit card AGAIN to get the trial going (since it never worked before, even though I signed up, then tried to signup for $59, and then downloaded the Publisher and published music and photos).

Except the email confirmation wasn't "free". It was for the FULL amount. To top it off, I just purchased a 2nd Tivo ($330), want to activate it (another $300), and add the home media option (more $$).

Does anyone know who to talk to get my $59 initiation fee, instead of $99?

Thanks,
pat

The free trial ran from 08/07/03 - 09/07/03. The only way to sign up for it was on the DVR by choosing the menu option. The $59.00 promotional price for Home Media Option ran from 08/07/03 - 09/15/03 (we sent out several reminders before the price expired). The price of Home Media Option is now back to it's regular price of $99.00 for the first DVR and $49.00 for additional DVRs.

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JTalbert is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JTalbert Visit JTalbert's homepage! Find more posts by JTalbert Add JTalbert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JTalbert

I think its sad, I think its a shame that Tivo will not allow any user who buys a Tivo the option for a trial to see if they like it and if they want to get it.

I just finally broke down the other week and got a series2. My Sony started to act a little flaky so I didnt want to be without a Tivo so an 80 hour made its way home with me.

Now, I log on to this site, and see that Tivo had a special trial which has ended.

Tivo should allow users to get a week free or 30 days free, or a month for $9.95 so users can get a taste of the features of HMO.

I also think Tivo should sell these features alacart, not everyone has two series2's so not everyone will be able to share content between two Tivos. Some users like me would only be interested in the remote programming, and to pay $100 extra for that is obsurd.

It goes to show that Tivo is just out for your money, and doesnt care to give long term existing customers or new customers the ability to try out the other features for free or a discount.

I have been a Tivo user for almost 3 years now, My parents have had tivo's for over 4 years now and I try to talk people all the time to buy a Tivo.

But that is one thing Tivo does not do, is give breaks to loyalty.

The company should be renamed MicroTivoSoft :-)

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kemck is offline Old Post 10-16-2003 06:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kemck Find more posts by kemck Add kemck to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kemck

Why are the Direct Tv / Tivo units equipped the same as Series2's but HMO can not be used with these machines? IS there another software program that will function like HMO?

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Kindred is offline Old Post 10-16-2003 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kindred Find more posts by Kindred Add Kindred to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kindred

kemck...

Don't think so, Direct TV has control over that and they apparently don't wish it at this time...

Good luck!

Jack

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Arnie is offline Old Post 10-28-2003 09:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arnie Find more posts by Arnie Add Arnie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arnie

Special Offers

Hello all,

Does anyone know if they will offer the trial period with the a reduced price again? I signed up to do it last time but with vacation and another family function I never had a chance to set it up and try it. Thanks...

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

romeodawg is offline Old Post 11-09-2003 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for romeodawg Find more posts by romeodawg Add romeodawg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
romeodawg

Re: IMPORTANT: Home Media Option Free Trial Activation Issues

quote:
We have identified an issue which caused some customers who requested the Home Media Option trial on their DVR to not receive it on Monday. We have identified which customers this issue affected, and are currently validating and importing the data. We expect that the import will be completed by tomorrow. At that time, those customers who were affected should be able to activate the trial on their next connection to the TiVo service. I will post more details as they become available.

Note: If you did request the Free Trial on your DVR and havn't received it yet, please do not contact our call center, email support team, or myself at this point since we will not be able to do anything while they are adding the additional people to the trial. Please be patient and watch here for further details.

Why did I never hear anything about this free trial HMO option? I have DirecTivo in the living room and an SA Series II in the bedroom, but never received any notice about a free trial? How did people find out about? And why oh why is Tivo so horrible about communicating with their customers when they have a direct channel to all of us 24/7?

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JTalbert is offline Old Post 11-20-2003 12:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JTalbert Visit JTalbert's homepage! Find more posts by JTalbert Add JTalbert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JTalbert

I still think Tivo is missing the bandwagon. They should offer HMO alacarte, and allow users with just one Series2 with no interest in playing MP3's the ability to do the remote scheduling without forking out $100.

This is wrong, it really upsets me that Tivo forces Series2 owners to pay them $100 so they can use just this feature. I would be willing to pay $19.95 or as high as $39.95 for just this feature.

Tivo is just out for our money and doesnt give a rats a** about their customers or want to make things easier for thier customers.

The same point goes to the series one Tivos, Why in the h*ll Tivo has not updated the software for the Series one is just plain old greed. They should update the series one to allow the use of the grouping of shows like Series2.

Corporate greed sucks.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged