TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.0 Alpha released <<<

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jgstroud is offline Old Post 09-22-2003 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgstroud Find more posts by jgstroud Add jgstroud to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgstroud

For those interested, I should have A7 rpms available sometime tonight.

POST #81 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dth21 is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 12:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dth21 Find more posts by dth21 Add dth21 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dth21

Re: JavaHMO 1.0 Alpha 7 released

quote:
Originally posted by javahmo
The following improvements have been implemented:

I'm surprised no one has asked about a Mac OS X version. Is that something you have planned?

Dan

POST #82 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

I've had several email requests for a Mac version. Unfortunately, I do not access to a Mac and have no experience in the OS. Also, one of the Java libraries that JavaHMO relies on does not have a Mac version.
I have asked one of the forum members to see if the Linux version of the JavaHMO installation will work under OS X.

POST #83 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sublime is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sublime Visit sublime's homepage! Find more posts by sublime Add sublime to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sublime
Cynic.

I keep getting this error with alpha 7:

INFO | jvm 4 | 2003/09/22 16:17:18 | Unrecognized VM option '+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy'
INFO | jvm 4 | 2003/09/22 16:17:18 | Could not create the Java virtual machine.
ERROR | wrapper | 2003/09/22 16:17:18 | JVM exited while loading the application.

alpha 6 worked fine.

Any hints or advice?

POST #84 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Are you using the Sun JRE version 1.4.2?

POST #85 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sublime is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 04:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sublime Visit sublime's homepage! Find more posts by sublime Add sublime to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sublime
Cynic.

Ahh, that was it. I still had a PATH set to an older Java install. Figures. Thanks, and nice work!

POST #86 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sublime is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 04:43 AM
sublime
Cynic.

hmm, maybe not. Still getting the same error even pointing to 1.4.2. I'll keep trying to work on it, but if you think of something, lemme know. Thanks.

Edit: Well, runs fine with just the run.cmd, but not as a service. TiVo beacon is stopped, but it says it can't start the JHMO service but it didn't return an error. Any clues? The wrapper.log still gives that same error too.

STATUS | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:22 | Launching a JVM...
INFO | jvm 4 | 2003/09/22 17:50:22 | Unrecognized VM option '+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy'
INFO | jvm 4 | 2003/09/22 17:50:22 | Could not create the Java virtual machine.
ERROR | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:22 | JVM exited while loading the application.
STATUS | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | Launching a JVM...
INFO | jvm 5 | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | Unrecognized VM option '+UseAdaptiveSizePolicy'
INFO | jvm 5 | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | Could not create the Java virtual machine.
ERROR | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | JVM exited while loading the application.
FATAL | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | There were 5 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300 seconds. Giving up.
FATAL | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | There may be a configuration problem: please check the logs.
STATUS | wrapper | 2003/09/22 17:50:28 | <-- Wrapper Stopped

Edit #2: A restart fixed it. Stupid windows.

Last edited by sublime on 09-23-2003 at 05:08 AM

POST #87 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IanFrost is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IanFrost Find more posts by IanFrost Add IanFrost to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IanFrost

Cannot get PlayLists to work

This program is great and the new interface works very well. Also like the new addition for the weather pages--five day forecast etc.. Thanks

I have one problem though. I cannot seem to get PlayLists to work. The entry on this TiVo list is there and I can select it. But I then get a "No songs in the PlayList" error message on the TiVo. I also got this message in V6 as well as the new V7.

Any ideas?

Second. What Internet images do other people add to their TiVo. I added some Stock Index Charts from CNN

www[dot]money[dot]cnn[dot]com[slash]images[slash]new_ma
rkets[slash]djia.png

POST #88 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

windracer is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for windracer Find more posts by windracer Add windracer to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
windracer
a!&#^d NO CARRIER

I have a few local webcam images (like those pointing at the beaches), and one from my alma mater university in Ohio so I can see if my little brother walks by.

POST #89 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 09:18 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

Ian: Please send me a copy of the playlist file you are having problems with. If the playlist contains http addresses for online radio stations, then TiVo does have some restrictions on the format of the address which is discussed in the readme.txt file.

POST #90 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 09-23-2003 10:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgstroud Find more posts by jgstroud Add jgstroud to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgstroud

RedHat 9, Alpha 7 rpms are available here:
javaHMO-1.0A7-8.i386.rpm
javaHMO-1.0A7-8.src.rpm

There has been some trouble getting the RPM to work on Distros other than RedHat. The startup script is designed to have the RedHat look and feel of other startup scripts. I will release a generic RPM later this evening or tomorrow.

Note: It is highly recommended that you block port 8081 from external Internet traffic using IPtables or IPchains.

Last edited by jgstroud on 09-24-2003 at 10:43 AM

POST #91 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 09-24-2003 11:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

Still no joy....

I uninstalled the previous version and installed the latest. I keep getting errors...

tom@linux:/etc/javaHMO> /etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO start
/etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO: line 1: /sbin/consoletype: No such file or directory
Starting JavaHMO: /etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO: line 147: initlog: command not found
/etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO: line 387: initlog: command not found
[FAILED]

Running SuSE 8.2.
I'm a newbie.

Thanks,
Tom

POST #92 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 09-24-2003 08:15 PM
jgstroud

quote:
Originally posted by twn2
Still no joy....

/etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO: line 387: initlog: command not found
[FAILED]

Try running this generic RPM install.
javaHMO-1.0A7.GEN-1.i386.rpm

POST #93 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 09-25-2003 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

I checked out Alpha7 and it's looking good. So far all my images work. I just noticed one minor inconsitency and one problem.

1. When viewing and image or playing a song, pressing page down causes the previous song/image to play. Likewise pressing page up causes the next song/image to play. This is the opposite of when using TiVo's Desktop software and counter-intuitive (down=up, up=down). I checked the log, but couldn't figure out why this occurs.

2. Shoutcase won't load correctly because they changed the way their server works.

I follow the steps that JavaHMO takes and show you were the discrepency is. I'll assume there is no cache file:

1. JavaHMO goes to the http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/...genre=genrename URL, where genrename is the chosen genre.
2. For the first 20 links on the page that start with "http://www.shoutcast.com//sbin/shoutcast-playlist.pls" do the following:
2a. Read in the .pls file and find the lines inside that start with "File" and are in the format of "http://205.188.234.66:8010" (no path names).

Here's is where things are different now. Previously the ""http://205.188.234.66:8010" link was to the Shoutcast stream and JavaHMO would try to stream it.

Shoutcast changed this to be a link to a webpage and not a stream. The real stream is now contained inside a "http://205.188.234.66:8010/listen.pls" link.

So what JavaHMO needs to do is the following:

2b. Take the URL ("u" in the java code) and read in that URL+'/listen.pls'. For example "http://205.188.234.66:8010/listen.pls"
2c. Read the the line in that file that starts with "File" (using the above URL I got "http://205.188.234.3:8032/") and stream this URL.

There probably should be an easy way to update this if Shoutcast decides to change again. I'm going to see if there is a way to code a fail safe.

Last edited by morac on 09-25-2003 at 10:07 AM

POST #94 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 09-25-2003 09:56 AM
jgstroud

Bugfix. The Beacon would crash on the last set of RPMS so here is a bugfix:

RedHat Users:
javaHMO-1.0A7-9.i386.rpm
javaHMO-1.0A7-9.src.rpm

All others:
javaHMO-1.0A7.GEN-2.i386.rpm

POST #95 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-27-2003 04:45 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

I'm looking for somebody to help me port JavaHMO to the Mac OS X.

I dont have access to a Mac or have any experience with the OS, but I will certainly help where I can. I am hoping that the Linux installation scripts for JavaHMO would be a good start.

However there are several challenges:
1. JavaHMO has been developed using the Sun JDK and tested under the Sun JRE, so there might be compatibility issues when using the Apple equivalent (http://www.apple.com/java)
2. JavaHMO relies on the JAI imaging package and there is no specific support for Mac's in this package. I am hoping that the Linux version could be used.
3. The 1.0 release of JavaHMO will include installation wizards for Windows and Linux; something similar would be need for Mac's.

Once I get experience with this platform, I might include support for AAC to MP3 transcoding in a future version, so you can listen to AAC files on your TiVo.

Last edited by javahmo on 09-27-2003 at 05:33 AM

POST #96 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-28-2003 11:57 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

JavaHMO 1.0 Alpha 8 released

The following improvements have been implemented:
1. Added installation wizard.
2. Modified the playlist code to support .m3u file format saved by MusicMatch.
3. Fixed text overlaps in weather forecast.
4. Fixed cinema out of sync bug.
5. Fixed the build.xml to support compilation of code on multiple platforms.
6. Fixed shoutcast code to send different user-agent header to download playlists.
7. Fixed playlist bug for playlists containing url's and local paths.
8. Added additional input validation to the GUI.
9. Fixed several JavaScript bugs in the GUI.
10. Added additional error handling in the server.

This release is mostly a bug fix release. The only new functionalily is the installation wizard. Unfortunately, you still have to download and install the Sun JRE and JAI before you can run the installation wizard (I'm trying to see if I can add this to the installation wizard too.) Read the release notes on instructions for running the installation wizard.

This should be the last alpha before the full 1.0 version is made public. The only things that are left are to close any bugs and to do some longevity and stress testing.

At this stage it does not look like there will be a Mac OS X version of JavaHMO in 1.0 unless someone is willing to support this platform.

Have fun!

POST #97 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

martinp13 is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for martinp13 Visit martinp13's homepage! Find more posts by martinp13 Add martinp13 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
martinp13
Official Texas TIVO

I just installed A8 (my first version), and here is my take on the installation from a Java noob :

The Java version available is now 1.4.2_01 (probably _02 by the time I type this!). You might give people an idea of which file they should download at those two sun.com sites: there are a bunch of things to choose from for each platform, and the one I picked wasn't the first in the list.

I tried to install Java, and it failed with an Error 1722 (I think that was the number). I uninstalled it, set up the Path addition, and tried again. Installed fine. Advanced Imaging installed ok.

I killed TiVo Server and all that, ran JavaHMO, and it WORKED! The script you run is run.cmd, not run.bat, but I figured that out. I shut it all down and used the GUI to update my location, etc and when I cranked it back up, everything was there for my location.

Does anyone know how to keep TiVo Server from trying to come up on boot? I think I have to switch back to it briefly and tell it not to autoload (it's not in the Windows/Startup folder). I already disabled the Beacon.

My first reboot it couldn't start up the JavaHMO service. Nothing crashed, but the I got nothing on the TiVo. I had to install a new fan, so the next time I rebooted, it started the service ok. Currently everything works as advertised.

Thanks for a GREAT program... right now I mostly just use the weather part, but I'm sure I'll use more later.

TC-Con 05/Las Vegas : Come on, you KNOW you want to go! Check it out!

"We're out of our elephant..." - uncdrew's client
"My implants are frozen!" - One of the bimbos who slept on a glacier in The Amazing Race 6

POST #98 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IanFrost is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IanFrost Find more posts by IanFrost Add IanFrost to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IanFrost

Playlists

Thanks. This version works well with Playlists.

A couple of things.

Firstly, I could not get the config file to recognize a directory of Playlists. I tried multiple ways but to no avail. Can you post the right syntax.

Secondly, the music did not seem to play "Random" even if random wass turned on. Is this a known bug or something I'm doing worng?

Thanks again . . . this is really great.

POST #99 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 05:02 AM
javahmo
Advanced Member

martinp13: I will add more detail to the readme.txt for the JRE installation.
You need to change the startup properties of the "TiVo Connect Beacon" service to not start automatically.

IanFrost: Use the Audio option in the GUI to add a directory containing playlists. (In the configuration file use the audioFolder syntax)
Random play is not supported yet.

POST #100 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged