TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.0 Alpha released <<<

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
IanFrost is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 08:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IanFrost Find more posts by IanFrost Add IanFrost to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IanFrost

Playlists

Thanks on the random play.

I tried the AudioFolder option but this did not seem to work. Used the line below

<audioFolder name="Songs" url="C:/Program Files/MUSICMATCH/MUSICMATCH Jukebox/Playlist"/>

It allows me to then go into the directory below "Default" but then gives me an error #3-0-65535.

Any ideas?

Thanks

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 09-29-2003 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Please send me a copy of your configuration file and logs.

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-01-2003 09:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgstroud Find more posts by jgstroud Add jgstroud to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgstroud

The A8 rpm's are very buggy right now, so I am withdrawing them until I can work out the problems.

Last edited by jgstroud on 10-02-2003 at 02:12 AM

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-01-2003 11:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

jg

I installed your new release on my SuSE 8.2 (used the generic version) and got the following:

tom@linux:~> /usr/bin/jhmo start
Starting JavaHMO...
FATAL | wrapper | Unable to open wrapper configuration file: ../conf/wrapper.conf
tom@linux:~>

Any thoughts?

Tom

Feel free to contact me at twn2(at)linuxmail.org

Thanks!!!

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-01-2003 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jgstroud Find more posts by jgstroud Add jgstroud to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jgstroud

i will fix the problem later today

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-02-2003 09:59 AM
jgstroud

The RPMs are fixed now. There is one RPM for all users now.

javaHMO-1.0A8-11.i386.rpm

javaHMO-1.0A8-11.src.rpm

Redhat users can start javaHMO by running:
/etc/rc.d/init.d/JavaHMO start

Others can run:
jhmo start

Last edited by jgstroud on 10-02-2003 at 11:02 AM

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

morac is offline Old Post 10-03-2003 10:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for morac Find more posts by morac Add morac to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morac
Advanced Member

Checked out A8.

Shoutcast still isn't working correctly with JavaHMO.

I looked at a packet sniff of the outgoing connections and it appears to just be asking for the playlist file twice in a row. I'll send you the details.

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for twn2 Find more posts by twn2 Add twn2 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
twn2

JG

I'm not getting any startup errors this time :-)

The downside is that I can't get my tivo to connect to my computer. In the wrapper.log, I have a couple errors. I'm sure its on my side, but I don't know what's wrong. I've attached the wrapper.log file.

Attachment: wrapper.txt
This has been downloaded 61 time(s).

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 11:47 AM
twn2

JG

I'm not getting any startup errors this time :-)

The downside is that I can't get my tivo to connect to my computer. In the wrapper.log, I have a couple errors. I'm sure its on my side, but I don't know what's wrong. I've attached the wrapper.log file.

This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 11:57 AM
twn2

JG

First, sorry about the multiple replys. It's late.

Second, I finally managed to get the browser to work. Well, kinda. I can get to port 8081 and get the choices, but nothing happens when I click on them. I also get the buttons on the right side, but nothing above them.

Thanks,
Tom

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 12:51 PM
jgstroud

The wrapper.log is complaining about file permissions on the log file for /var/log/javaHMO.log. If you are not running as root, then you will need to set the appropriate write permissions for this file.

Your other problem may also be a file permissions problem. Tel me if you are running as root. If not, you may need to change permissions on some of the other files, especially the config files.

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IanFrost is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IanFrost Find more posts by IanFrost Add IanFrost to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IanFrost

I seem to be having a few problems/questions with pictures
(i) I have a series of directories with pictures included in them. When I choose the top level directory, I get a problem and TiVo reboots itself.
(ii) Is there anyway to allow the pictures to work with shortcuts rather than the pictures themselves?

I want to store the picture in their original location but want to be able to choose all pictures or all pictures in a directory.

Thoughts

Ian

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-05-2003 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

Send me you configuration file and logs so I can debug the problem.

Shortcuts are not supported yet.

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-07-2003 10:27 AM
twn2

quote:
Originally posted by jgstroud
The wrapper.log is complaining about file permissions on the log file for /var/log/javaHMO.log. If you are not running as root, then you will need to set the appropriate write permissions for this file.

Your other problem may also be a file permissions problem. Tel me if you are running as root. If not, you may need to change permissions on some of the other files, especially the config files.

I am running as user. In the configure.xml I changed the location of the log file from /var/log to /home/tom so that I could access it. Bad idea?

Tom

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-07-2003 10:41 AM
jgstroud

quote:
Originally posted by twn2
I am running as user. In the configure.xml I changed the location of the log file from /var/log to /home/tom so that I could access it. Bad idea?

Tom

You can't change the location of the log file in configure.xml. In fact, the location of the log file is hard coded in the source.

This really should be configurable in the configure.xml file. I will look into this.

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 04:05 AM
twn2

Sorry, made a boo-boo. I configured it in log4j.xml. Should I put it back to what it was before? (Although I can't remember what that was).

Tom

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jgstroud is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 04:20 AM
jgstroud

yeah, put it back to /var/log/javaHMO.log

I hope to fix this so it is configurable in the future.

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 11:47 AM
twn2

JG...

No luck. I uninstalled and re-installed version 1.0A8-11.

I've attached my latest wrapper.log. Hope it helps. I can get the http configure portion, but when I click on an item, nothing happens.

On the bright side, if you get me working, anyone will work. Again, if you don't want to take up space on the list, you can contact me directly.

Tom

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

twn2 is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 11:49 AM
twn2

I HATE IT WHEN I DO THAT!!!!

Here's the log file.

Tom

This has been downloaded 57 time(s).

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 10-08-2003 07:00 PM
javahmo
Advanced Member

The wrapper looks good. Send the /var/log/javaHMO.log

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged