TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> JavaHMO 1.0 released <<<

Pages (6): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bigcat is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 03:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigcat Visit bigcat's homepage! Find more posts by bigcat Add bigcat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcat

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy3721
I installed JavaHMO today and it works pretty well. I really like the ability to access current weather maps and movie listings.

Is there a timetable for the random play option for music? That is probably the one feature I will miss with HMO.

You don't have to miss the feature if you have two PC's. I am running the Official Tivo server on one PC and JavaHMO on another and it works great. I just removed the audio folder and playlists section from JavaHMO and I have the best of both worlds.

You don't need an expensive PC for a music server, I have an old 233Mhz with 20GB of disk in my basement that you could probably buy used for $100.

JavaHMO is a Killer App for Tivo, can't wait for version 2.0

Just 1 simple 60hr S2

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

Wow! This thing is cool! I brought home a WinXP laptop. I had to install the Java stuff 2x (first time didn't work) but after that everything works great!

I'll definately be watching for an OS X version - maybe that'll even make me upgrade to Panther!

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

faspina is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for faspina Find more posts by faspina Add faspina to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
faspina

Javahmo,

Wow, thank you for this program. It works great and most of all my wife really seeing the value of TiVo as well. The weather option is great with 3 kids going to school. Looking forward to the next release

My wish list in priority
1. Shuffle play of playlist and music.
2. Display and internet page not just a picture.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cwoody222 is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for cwoody222 Find more posts by cwoody222 Add cwoody222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwoody222
TiVo Forum Special Member

The Cinema part will only display some of the theaters near me...not nearly enough and strangely none of the Regal Theaters that are closer than some of the AMC ones around me.

How to I expand the search radius? What source does it use?

"whenever cwoody222 comes in and comments, it makes everything very clear" - drewman
"cwoody222 is so right-on it isn't funny" - esperantisto

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jmace57 is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jmace57 Find more posts by jmace57 Add jmace57 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmace57
Large Member

Thanks

I just installed JavaHMO - took about 10 minutes start-to-finish. I was a little nervous about it.

It works great! Thanks to the early poster talking about stopping the TiVo beacon.

Good work. I look forward to future releases.

Regards,
Jim

60 Hour TiVo Series 2
157 Hour TiVo Series 2

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-06-2003 10:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

faspina: Shuffle play will be available in version 1.1 which will be out in a few days time. Displaying web pages is a tricky problem since these pages arent designed for the low TV resolutions.

cwoody222: The cinema data is obtained from movies.com. I suggest you play with some zip codes in your area at their site to get the listings you want and then use that zip in the JavaHMO configuration GUI.

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

iDriveX is offline Old Post 12-07-2003 01:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iDriveX Visit iDriveX's homepage! Find more posts by iDriveX Add iDriveX to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iDriveX
Neo-Trek Lover

I'm on Mac OS X 10.3.2 right now and I would probably prefer installation #1 just because then I wouldn't have to worry about enabling it at all. Really looking forward to installing this and trying it out on my PowerBook.

AirPort Express

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tomlouie is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 08:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tomlouie Find more posts by tomlouie Add tomlouie to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tomlouie

quote:
Originally posted by bigcat
You don't have to miss the feature if you have two PC's. I am running the Official Tivo server on one PC and JavaHMO on another and it works great. I just removed the audio folder and playlists section from JavaHMO and I have the best of both worlds.

You don't need an expensive PC for a music server, I have an old 233Mhz with 20GB of disk in my basement that you could probably buy used for $100.

JavaHMO is a Killer App for Tivo, can't wait for version 2.0

Hmm, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm running JavaHMO 1.1 on my 1GHz WinME 256MB machine from the command line. It works, but viewing photos on my TiVo is very slow. Much much slower than via TiVo Desktop.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Tom

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

javahmo is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for javahmo Visit javahmo's homepage! Find more posts by javahmo Add javahmo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
javahmo
Advanced Member

It depends on what kind of photos you are viewing. If they were imported from a digital stills camera then JavaHMO will use the thumbnail generated by the camera. If JavaHMO cannot find the thumbnail, then it has to generate the thumbnail by scaling the entire image which is much slower. Once the thumbnail is created, it is cached and subsequent views are significantly faster.

However, there might be something else causing the delays on your system, so enable debugging and send me copies of your logs:
http://javahmo.sourceforge.net/documentation.html#logs

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

coldtoes is offline Old Post 12-12-2003 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for coldtoes Find more posts by coldtoes Add coldtoes to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coldtoes
vermicious knid

I just wanted to add my voice to the requests for shuffle play on playlists. Although I haven't tried it yet, JavaHMO looks very cool and has some of the features I was hoping would be quickly developed for HMO (most noticeably more robust sorting and Internet weather viewing). However, I do the majority of my mp3 listening on shuffled playlists, so I would sorely miss that feature if I didn't have it. As soon as you add playlist shuffling, I will defeinitely give your software a try!

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged