TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> FREE HMO Trial <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
futerfas is offline Old Post 01-04-2004 08:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by bedelman
Most of the Mac users have had trouble with the firewall settings which is also an issue in the Windows version except I think the TiVo installer on Windows makes adjustments to the Windows firewall settings -- the Mac OSX installer could have been written to do the same with the Mac OSX firewall settings, but it wasn't.
To get the firewall settings to work with mac, check out http://customersupport.tivo.com/tiv...lic/tv1158.htm? for info.

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

proudpapa is offline Old Post 01-04-2004 11:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for proudpapa Visit proudpapa's homepage! Find more posts by proudpapa Add proudpapa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
proudpapa

I am not seeing the Free Trial on the TIVO Central Home Page and I just enrolled for service on my 2nd TIVO - series 2. Any suggestions-I already have a home wireless network and a 2nd wireless adapter ?

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

misterfrank is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for misterfrank Find more posts by misterfrank Add misterfrank to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misterfrank

Free Trail No Longer There?

I planned to sign up for the free trial...but it's gone?! It used to be listed under TiVo Central, but it's no longer there. Any ideas on how to get it back or otherwise enroll in the Jan 13 trial?

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PumiceT is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 08:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PumiceT Visit PumiceT's homepage! Find more posts by PumiceT Add PumiceT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PumiceT
Mentally Drunk

Re: Free Trail No Longer There?

quote:
Originally posted by misterfrank
I planned to sign up for the free trial...but it's gone?! It used to be listed under TiVo Central, but it's no longer there. Any ideas on how to get it back or otherwise enroll in the Jan 13 trial?

I did the same thing this morning. I saw the free offer last week, procrastinated awhile, decided to do it, bought a USB network adapter, went to sign up this morning - and the option is gone!

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

Mine's gone too, but I did say 'Yes' to the free trial. I'd suggest you guys call TiVo and see if you can sign up by phone...especially if you just went out a bought a NIC.

I'm just anxious to get testing it....I've got JavaHMO installed and configured, now I'm just waiting on TiVo to turn on the juice.

Give me the juice! LOL

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wbhambone is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wbhambone Find more posts by wbhambone Add wbhambone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wbhambone

You can sign up here.

Brad

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

2324070933 is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2324070933 Find more posts by 2324070933 Add 2324070933 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Has anyone hear if there is a price break yet?

al ma

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PumiceT is offline Old Post 01-09-2004 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PumiceT Visit PumiceT's homepage! Find more posts by PumiceT Add PumiceT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PumiceT
Mentally Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by wbhambone
You can sign up here.
Brad

Thanks!!

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newfler is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 01:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newfler Find more posts by Newfler Add Newfler to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Newfler

quote:
Originally posted by Oxygen99
Doesn't it sort of sound like they might have new software and aren't sure the date of its exact release?

My thought for the fuzzy date is because it probably requires a call from your TiVo for an update. If you are hooked up to broadband (like mine is and I would assume most people wanting to get HMO would be) it seems to do it daily, but if for some reason the Tivo is still making a landline call, the date could be different.

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 02:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

Got an email today from TiVo confirming my trial for the HMO.....can't wait....

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DonRoeber is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DonRoeber Visit DonRoeber's homepage! Find more posts by DonRoeber Add DonRoeber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonRoeber

What happens at the end of the month? Does the HMO go away, or will I automatically be charged the $99 for it?

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

futerfas is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 11:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for futerfas Visit futerfas's homepage! Find more posts by futerfas Add futerfas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
futerfas
Advanced Member

It just goes away, you dont have to pay for it after the trial, you don't even have to put up a credit card. Its that simple.

"keep going son, you'll make a fine lawyer" -Marco
"ever since Junior High Futerfas has had a fear of having his picture taken" -ZeoTiVo
"I keep 'em [signatures] turned off so no matter how creative they are, no matter how much time and effort you put into yours, there's at least one person here who'll never see it to appreciate it." -SparkleMotion
"Nothing is more permanent than a temporary solution." -edhara

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rodneyremington is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 01:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyremington Find more posts by rodneyremington Add rodneyremington to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodneyremington

Am I supposed to have received a confimatory email after signing up for the free trial? Because I haven't.

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TBoons is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TBoons Find more posts by TBoons Add TBoons to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBoons
Slave to the TiVo

Got my Free Trial HMO this morning on my Tivo. Looks great so far!

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PumiceT is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 07:11 PM
PumiceT
Mentally Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by rodneyremington
Am I supposed to have received a confimatory email after signing up for the free trial? Because I haven't.

Same here. I would think we'd get a reply.

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

the1jon is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 08:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for the1jon Find more posts by the1jon Add the1jon to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
the1jon

I woke up this morning to find out the nifty HMO option was activated on my TiVo. I played with it a bit before I took off for work this morning. I dig it... however, one bad thing. All 20,000 songs of my music are ripped using the AAC format that iTunes uses (from Dolby I believe). Is there any word on if this format will ever be supported? I just don't want to have to rip all my music again using MP3 (20,000 songs takes some time).

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rollout is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rollout Find more posts by rollout Add rollout to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rollout
30-second skipper

the1jon,

Go get dBPowerAmp and the Codec to convert AAC to MP3.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Webchump is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 11:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Webchump Find more posts by Webchump Add Webchump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Webchump
All In

I also received no confirmation. I checked at 6:30AM EST and it was not active on my Tivo. Does this mean that I've been left out of the trial or should I be patient?

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DonRoeber is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DonRoeber Visit DonRoeber's homepage! Find more posts by DonRoeber Add DonRoeber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonRoeber

Mine wasn't active at 6AM or so when I first checked, but it just kicked in around 11:30am EST. Never got a confirmation. Nothing in Tivo Messages either. Just a new choice on my main Tivo screen, Music & Photos.

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Webchump is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Webchump Find more posts by Webchump Add Webchump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Webchump
All In

quote:
Originally posted by DonRoeber
Mine wasn't active at 6AM or so when I first checked, but it just kicked in around 11:30am EST. Never got a confirmation. Nothing in Tivo Messages either. Just a new choice on my main Tivo screen, Music & Photos.

Great that makes me feel better! I will check it when I get home tonight.

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged