TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> FREE HMO Trial <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 2 [3]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Webchump is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 01:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Webchump Find more posts by Webchump Add Webchump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Webchump
All In

I'm able to schedule recordings remotely, so I'm assuming that its working on my TIVO.

POST #41 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Daurkin is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 01:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Daurkin Find more posts by Daurkin Add Daurkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Daurkin

It's funny how many people are eager for the HMO activation even though they are stuck at work. I bet they also watch the fedex online shipping information to see when does thier package get to the next stop.

I too am signed up for the trial but I don't think I'll pay $99 for it. I only plan to use the audio server portion. However, I would love to install the javaHMO application to have the weather and movie schedules available.

POST #42 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

voorson is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 02:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for voorson Find more posts by voorson Add voorson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
voorson

Do you have to reset your system to get this going? It says that it does not recognize the IP server address. It is the right address, the TIVO server is running and I did publicj pistures to it, but still nothing

Help

POST #43 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bedelman is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bedelman Visit bedelman's homepage! Find more posts by bedelman Add bedelman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bedelman
Call me Bob

quote:
Originally posted by voorson
Do you have to reset your system to get this going? It says that it does not recognize the IP server address. It is the right address, the TIVO server is running and I did publicj pistures to it, but still nothing

Help

Have you looked here...

My DVR Cannot Find My Music or Photos Server (Windows)

1 Pioneer DVR-810H
2 TiVo Series 2 80 hour (one living with son in college)
1 TiVo Series 2 140 hour
1 Humax DRT-800 DVD Recorder with TiVo
1 Sony SVR-2000 (living with other son in Michigan)

POST #44 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

voorson is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 02:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for voorson Find more posts by voorson Add voorson to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
voorson

I read that and checked it all and still nothing.

POST #45 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

voorson is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 03:14 AM
voorson

I got it working, but the only thing is that I have to click on the server IP and it says that it cannot be found, do you want to keep it anyway? I click YES and then my photos and music show up. I have to do that each time

POST #46 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ukaussi is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ukaussi Visit ukaussi's homepage! Find more posts by ukaussi Add ukaussi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ukaussi
TiVoholic

Was the TV commercial one with a bunch of celeb's ? I ask because my cousin was showing me the TiVo commercial they just finished ( he's a TV commercial director) and they were so good they renewed my interest and finally bought one a couple of weeks ago.

I also signed up for the trial & ordered a 2nd Series2 (40GB this time as have 80GB) over the weekend from Amazon so I can try out the sharing/transfer feature.

My biggest objection which I will do a main post on is that if you want to share shows between DVR's you effectively have to pay TWICE.

FIRST, you have to pay $99 for 1st TiVo and $49 for any others in your house.
SECOND, you have to have an active TiVo subscription on EVERY TiVo you want to share with.

My problem with this is maybe just personal but I am sure it will stop some people from purchasing the option.

Ideally, I would like a Tivo in all 3 viewing areas (Bedroom, media/bonus room & family room) and be able to watch any show from any TiVo. I only want ONE of the TiVo's to have Season Pass etc that you get with the subscriptions.

My recommendation would be either:-
- $99 flat fee per TiVo household
or
- $99 1st & $49 subsequent but only ONE subscription required

Does this seem unreasonable ?

POST #47 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

redrhino is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 05:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for redrhino Find more posts by redrhino Add redrhino to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
redrhino

For me, the only feature of HMO that I find worth paying for is the ability to schedule recordings from work. What would I pay for this ... probably about $30. (After all, I don't tend to travel, so in most situations I could simply wait to get home to schedule recordings I think about while at work.)

Honestly, if we had a 2nd TiVo and 2nd TV we might find the ability to share shows worthwhile. If we were to have two of each TV and TiVo I would probably be willing to pay $60 for this feature.

Music? I've got most of mine on a laptop which can be plugged direcly into my Amp if I desire ... and most of my collections are already burned onto MP3/WMA discs which I can play with my DVD player.

Pictures? Most everyone says they prefer the resolution of our 17" monitor to our 20" TV.

Of course, there are some who would value only the portions of HMO that I don't need or want.

If the point of this free trial is to get us to value the product enough to buy it, they've convinced me that I don't want to pay $100 for it. On the other hand, if they are going to follow up the free trial with survey about how to price the various components individually, this is smart. If TiVo would price these components separately, they may perhaps have more income from the HMO technologies.

Redrhino

POST #48 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

My HMO wasn't here until I forced TiVo to connect to the TiVo service.....and since I installed JavaHMO last week I'm up and running....very cool. My only problem is that TiVo states there is no playable music in my Playlist folder.....which has 2 playlists, one with a streaming radio station and the other of music located on my PC.....going to go research that problem now.

Now every cross your fingers for a reduced HMO rate to go along with the free trial!

POST #49 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DonRoeber is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 08:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DonRoeber Visit DonRoeber's homepage! Find more posts by DonRoeber Add DonRoeber to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DonRoeber

I'm enjoying the HMO trial so far. I've been thinking about buying an AudioTron for awhile, to play MP3s over my network. The Tivo seems to do the job well enough, and $99 is better than $250.

POST #50 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PumiceT is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 09:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PumiceT Visit PumiceT's homepage! Find more posts by PumiceT Add PumiceT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PumiceT
Mentally Drunk

Anyone else get a blue-screen-of-death error if they publish a huge directory of MP3s or photos? If I publish a whole folder with other subfolders, when I try to browse on the TiVo, my PC crashes.

POST #51 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rclayton is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 10:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rclayton Visit rclayton's homepage! Find more posts by rclayton Add rclayton to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rclayton

I'm using JavaHMO and my MP3 library has 2000+ songs all in subfolders of the library folder....no problems....

POST #52 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

CBRKid is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 10:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CBRKid Find more posts by CBRKid Add CBRKid to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CBRKid

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet, but TiVo announced a new feature at CES: Moving recordings to the PC, recording them to DVD, listening to XM radio, and the possiblities of scheduling recordings from your cell phone. More info is available here: http://www.cnet.com/4520-7912_1-5116597-1.html

POST #53 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

rodneyremington is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rodneyremington Find more posts by rodneyremington Add rodneyremington to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodneyremington

My free trial is up and going but I didn't get any notice, I just forced a TiVo connection after reading these posts, and it was there. After fiddling around with the TiVo software for a while and it crashed a couple times, I downloaded the JavaHMO version and have been happier with that. I haven't had much time to play with it, but it is very cool to be able to look at my family photos on a big screen, as well as access my 1100+ MP3s on my home theater sound system. I suspect I'll end up buying it, I'm a sucker though.

POST #54 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ukaussi is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ukaussi Visit ukaussi's homepage! Find more posts by ukaussi Add ukaussi to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ukaussi
TiVoholic

My HMO also appeared when I got home today.

Loaded TiVo desktop and shared a bunch of photo albums.

Interesting point to make that TiVo should note was that I then went into the bedroom where the TiVo is located and my wife's show had just gone to commercial. So I switched over to TiVo and showed her the photos.
They looked really good (4 megapixel photos) but all my (fairly tech savy) wife could say was "why do I want to look at photos on the TV !"

2nd TiVo should get here in next day or 2 so will test sharing the saved shows and report back

POST #55 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JJJB is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JJJB Find more posts by JJJB Add JJJB to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JJJB

Mine is up and running and I love it ! I'll probably be plunking down the $99.00.Like anything else it isn't perfect might not even be worth the price but it'll do.

POST #56 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

miadlor is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for miadlor Find more posts by miadlor Add miadlor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
miadlor

Is anyone else still waiting for theirs to be turned on?
I received the email confirmation.
I've forced several connections and it's still not on.

POST #57 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vman41 is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for vman41 Find more posts by vman41 Add vman41 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vman41
Advanced Member

quote:
Originally posted by redrhino
For me, the only feature of HMO that I find worth paying for is the ability to schedule recordings from work.

That was the only thing I was interested in, mainly so I could record C-SPAN events that are scheduled the morning they air. The web interface for remote scheduling wouldn't let me schedule explicitly by time, so it was useless to me. Have they enhanced the interface to included scheduling by time?

BTW, my TiVo still seems to check the remote scheduling web site (204.176.49.2) every 15 mintues, even though I don't have HMO. I'm considering making my router block it.

POST #58 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nasar is offline Old Post 01-18-2004 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for nasar Find more posts by nasar Add nasar to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nasar

Is anyone still waiting for their HMO free trial to activate?

I've forced the Tivo to connect serveral times, but still nothing...

POST #59 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged