TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anyone try MoodLogic? <<<

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Beavis is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beavis Find more posts by Beavis Add Beavis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beavis

Question Anyone try MoodLogic?

I read about this on the TiVo website and was wondering if anyone had tried the MoodLogic (MoodLogic ) music organizer for TiVo. Pros, cons, etc...?

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nstohlma is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nstohlma Find more posts by nstohlma Add nstohlma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nstohlma

Playing with it right now. Registration does not seem to require an email address so that was pretty nice.

Seems a bit pokey right now, but it's "Activating" all ~7000 files in my collection and I think that's probably why.

Not sure it's worth $30/year yet, but this is the first time in a long time that I've been able to do a reasonable randomize on my entire collection and that makes me VERY happy.

Anyway, probably worth giving it a try if nothing else so far.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beavis is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beavis Find more posts by Beavis Add Beavis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beavis

Great! Let us know how it goes!

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

itchyban is offline Old Post 01-10-2004 11:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for itchyban Find more posts by itchyban Add itchyban to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itchyban

I am in the middle of the 14 day trial and am really liking it!

The whole mood logic idea of creating playlists is really great and fits the way I want to listen to music. Being able to create mixes from the TiVo is even better.

I had firewall issues when I first installed, since it's install program didn't open up ports on the Windows firewall like the Tivo server did, but it finally clicked what was going on.

I can play WMA and MP3's. I'm not sure if that is because of the excellent WMA plugin from pzand or if MoodLogic's server has that built-in. Anyone know the story there?

To compare the auto playlist capabilities to the Windows Media plugin, as I previously mentioned, the 'mood' and 'feels like' mixing of MoodLogic trumps the 'play 4 stars and above' support that Windows Media Player has. Plus the accuracy of the selections would likely be better since it doesn't rely on the ID3 tags to tell what song it is and from manually profile a song or two I can see that ML has much more detail on subtle aspects of the song.

Plus. ML has options to cleanup the ID3 tags and re-organize the directories in which the songs are store.

Overall. It is very cool and like it. I will probably go ahead and purchase it.

-Steve

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ZeoTiVo is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 10:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ZeoTiVo Find more posts by ZeoTiVo Add ZeoTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZeoTiVo
One with the TiVo

eerrr,

if you happened to have a bunch of MP3s show up on your hard drive and you are uummm well lets say just not exactly sure if they have any rights management at all in them as it was a friend , yah thats it, a friend who put them there

then will Moodlogic have some problem working those files or worse yet try and add rights management back into them ??

TTiVoToGo FAQ, I have never seen a company so bashed in a forum becasue its software is a little late

• TiVo series 2/HMO 40 hours unmodded - so far
  • Toshiba SD H400 for 99$
  • JavaHMO/ paid for my HMO whiner
  • AVcast to broadcast TiVo/DVD/PC throughout house and playfort
  • 5 at a time NetFlix subscription

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Austin Bike is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Bike Find more posts by Austin Bike Add Austin Bike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Bike

Shouldn't have a problem I'd bet. I don't think MP3 supports rights management (I believe MP3 Plus might, but I'm not 100% sure on that either).

I'll let you know in a few days when I install it.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

itchyban is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for itchyban Find more posts by itchyban Add itchyban to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itchyban

MoodLogic didn't have a problem with any files (mp3 or wma). I only have one file which was purchased online and I am cheesed about that one because I can't play it on the portable I have -- even though it supports wma.
...back to MoodLogic...
I have wma and mp3 files with no rights management (just ripped from CD's) and it is fine. It doesn't alter the files unless you tell it to cleanup the tags or reorganize the directories -- and then it will write a second copy and leave your originals alone.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Austin Bike is offline Old Post 01-11-2004 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Bike Find more posts by Austin Bike Add Austin Bike to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Austin Bike

So I loaded it and had it scan my 11,000 MP3 files.

In demo mode, it only works with like 100 files or so. It custom generates a bunch of playlists, some have only 1 song in them.

Huh?

Why would I pay $30 if that is the demo that I saw?

Am I doing something wrong?

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

itchyban is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 06:25 AM
itchyban

Hi Austin,
Sorry you are not having the same experience I am. This is hitting me with the coolness factor I got when I first experienced the TiVo. It is finally making the HMO option worth it for me.
I had a much smaller set of songs (400-500) and it seemed like it indexed them all during the trial period. As for some playlists only one including song, here is my theory...
If I were to describe it, I wouldn't say it creates a bunch of playlists. I would say it was more like it had an interface which let you search your music library based on certain attributes, like genre, tempo, year, artist and the more fuzzy 'feels like this song' and mood. The results of that can be saved into a playlist. So...just like searching google, if you pick very restrictive criteria, you may get less hits. This would be more pronounced if it did only index 100 songs from your library.

Anyway, at least it is nice to see some new products to flesh out that HMO vision and give us more choices.

Good Luck!

-Steve

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 09:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MoodLogic Visit MoodLogic's homepage! Find more posts by MoodLogic Add MoodLogic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MoodLogic

Austin,

It seems that you accidentally installed a "non-tivo" enabled version of MoodLogic first. Otherwise you could demo the MoodLogic/TiVo integration for 2 weeks with up to 10,000 songs (that limit goes away once you purchase). If you could PM me your screen name, I will see that your account gets fixed up.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MighTiVo is offline Old Post 01-13-2004 10:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MighTiVo Find more posts by MighTiVo Add MighTiVo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MighTiVo
TiVotarian

$30 per year?
Sounds like a neat program but we need a lifetime subscription choice!

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jacques Find more posts by jacques Add jacques to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacques

Anyone have any performance tuning tips for MoodLogic? I'm running this on a Windows 98 Pentium II ~300Mhz 320MB machine along with JavaHMO. PC server is hardwired to a hub, TiVo is connected via 802.11b. While MP3's that JavaHMO plays back are fine, Moodlogic's playback is choppy and interrupted frequently. I'd appreciate any tips to get Moodlogic running smoothly.

jacques

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MoodLogic Visit MoodLogic's homepage! Find more posts by MoodLogic Add MoodLogic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MoodLogic

Jacques,

There is a new interims release of the MoodLogic TiVo gateway, which should fix your problem.

1) Close any running MoodLogic tray application
2) Download the updated version from download.moodlogic.com/TiVo/mtv.exe (its an http link, which this forums prevents because i don't have 5 posts yet) and save into your C:\Program Files\MoodLogic\TiVo directory (or your corresponding installation directory if you didn't install MoodLogic into C:\Program Files; you should overwrite the old version of mtv.exe)
3) Start the MoodLogic TiVo gateway again (via Start menu & MoodLogic program group, or by clicking on the new executable) and you should be good to go.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

exxplora is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 11:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for exxplora Find more posts by exxplora Add exxplora to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exxplora

AAC Support

Gerald, Any plans for AAC format support? I've got a few thousand files in iTunes (for Windows).

Alan

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jacques is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 11:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jacques Find more posts by jacques Add jacques to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jacques

quote:
Originally posted by MoodLogic
Jacques,

There is a new interims release of the MoodLogic TiVo gateway, which should fix your problem.

Very cool, not choppy, not skipping, works perfectly now!

Now my home network audio machine runs Replay Radio, JavaHMO, MoodLogic for TiVo and Slim Devices SlimServer. All getting along with each other.

It appears that MoodLogic is making nice with others... I downloaded SlimServer in thinking about getting a Squeezebox for the upstairs stereo system ( gotten spoiled with JavaHMO downstairs ) and I see that it *also* integrates MoodLogic if you already have it. Since I already use MoodLogic this is one more point in Squeezeboxes favor.

Thanks for your help Gerald!

jacques

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 11:54 AM
MoodLogic

MighTiVo,

I will talk to the biz folks about the lifetime subscribtion stuff next time I see them.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-14-2004 02:23 PM
MoodLogic

exxplora,

One option that we are currently investigating is the support of Winamp input plugins. That would allow AAC playback (but not DRM'ed AAC).

Is there any other app beside iTunes that supports Apple's DRM'ed AAC files?

If that plugin thing works out, you will read it here first.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

exxplora is offline Old Post 01-15-2004 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for exxplora Find more posts by exxplora Add exxplora to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
exxplora

Jacques, I'm not aware of any application other than iTunes that supports Apple's DRM-ed AAC files. I do have a large number of non-managed AAC files, so your approach does help me somewhat. However, the number of songs downloaded from ITMS is increasing all the time (I think I'm addicted), so hopefully Apple or someone will step up to this challenge.

Alan

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drhump is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drhump Find more posts by drhump Add drhump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drhump
el duderino

any update on a lifetime subscription option? i'm confused as to why i can buy this program for my PC for a one time fee but if i want to use it with HMO i have to pay annually?

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TivoDieHard is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TivoDieHard Find more posts by TivoDieHard Add TivoDieHard to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TivoDieHard

I really like the Moodlogic system, and will probably buy it. Very nice product and the organization features are very well done.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged