TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Anyone try MoodLogic? <<<

Pages (3): « Prev 1 [2] 3 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-17-2004 10:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MoodLogic Visit MoodLogic's homepage! Find more posts by MoodLogic Add MoodLogic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MoodLogic

Re: lifetime subscription

A lifetime subscription option will be introduced next week. People who have already purchased will be able to upgrade.

Re: Why is the TiVo version of MoodLogic offered as a subscription model?

MoodLogic has always been about providing an ongoing service to improve your music listening experience rather than selling a product once. I say ongoing because your music collection grows, new metadata and services become available over time.

But if you have something as exotic as a "music listening experience enhancer", it is easier to sell a product than a service. Hence this whole music credit business.

Because TiVo itself is a subscription service, all your potential customers already understand the value of an improved experience. So you don't have to hide yours and you can do away with artificial stuff like music credits.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wilfried is offline Old Post 01-18-2004 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for wilfried Find more posts by wilfried Add wilfried to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wilfried

quote:
Originally posted by exxplora
Jacques, I'm not aware of any application other than iTunes that supports Apple's DRM-ed AAC files. I do have a large number of non-managed AAC files, so your approach does help me somewhat. However, the number of songs downloaded from ITMS is increasing all the time (I think I'm addicted), so hopefully Apple or someone will step up to this challenge.

Alan

Apple doesn't want their ITMS files played anywhere else than on iTunes or iPods. They don't make money on the ITMS (or so they say...), they make money on the iPod you need to buy to listen to the song.
Real Audio just came up with a version of Real Player that plays ITMS AAC files. They excpect Apple to sue, or Apple will patch iTunes so that Real Player can't access the DRM.

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

KermitTheFrog is offline Old Post 01-18-2004 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for KermitTheFrog Visit KermitTheFrog's homepage! Find more posts by KermitTheFrog Add KermitTheFrog to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KermitTheFrog
Is that a Garaffe?

quote:
Originally posted by wilfried
Apple doesn't want their ITMS files played anywhere else than on iTunes or iPods.

I'm not sure where you got that Idea. They put a API in place in the Quicktime to allow anyone to write a program to convert them and do with them what they will. They aren't hiding it at all.

quote:

Real Audio just came up with a version of Real Player that plays ITMS AAC files. They excpect Apple to sue, or Apple will patch iTunes so that Real Player can't access the DRM.

They expect that? Have you talked directly to "they"? Again, it's an api in Quicktime that does the decoding.

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

drhump is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for drhump Find more posts by drhump Add drhump to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drhump
el duderino

any update on the lifetime subscription?

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jbsanders is offline Old Post 01-28-2004 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jbsanders Find more posts by jbsanders Add jbsanders to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jbsanders

Just in case Gerald from Moodlogic is still checking this topic, I am wondering about the version 2.7 for TiVo vs. what I am seeing on the Moodlogic website in screenshots.

It almost looks like there is some functionality missing (this is a purchased version by the way), because the screens I see on their site look very different from what I am seeing on my desktop.

For instance if you look at the bottom of the 2.7 features page, the screenshot includes some buttons I don't have. Is this an older version and those buttons were removed, or is this a newer version that TiVo users don't have?

Do you maintain different versions of the software for TiVo vs. Regular users? If so, are those versions going to merge?

Blake

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 03:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MoodLogic Visit MoodLogic's homepage! Find more posts by MoodLogic Add MoodLogic to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MoodLogic

Re: lifetime subscription

Its in the works and running a bit late. Next week or so?

Re: Misleading screenshots

The TiVo version of MoodLogic is featurewise identical to the non-TiVo version. Those screenshots you are referring to were taken from MoodLogic 1.x, which doesn't exist/work anymore (somebody should update that webpage).

cheers,
Gerald

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MargaretCT is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MargaretCT Find more posts by MargaretCT Add MargaretCT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MargaretCT

I'm embarrassed to ask because I'm so stupid with these things, but I can't get MoodLogic to work on Tivo. I've downloaded MoodLogic thru the Tivo site, it scanned my music, and that works fine. I've published MoodLogic on Tivo Publisher, and it shows up on the TV in My Music & Photos. However, it says on screen (and out loud) to "Start MoodLogic on the PC and add music to the software".

I'm tired of running up and down stairs from PC to TV trying different settings, especially after shoveling snow today! Any help?

Margaret in CT

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Beavis is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 04:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Beavis Find more posts by Beavis Add Beavis to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beavis

Go to the folder (with XP, that's "Start" button, then "All programs") called "Moodlogic" and a sub-menu should have "Start Moodlogic TiVo Service". Maybe you haven't run the actual Moodlogic Server?

Not sure what else would cause that... Good Luck!

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MargaretCT is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 05:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MargaretCT Find more posts by MargaretCT Add MargaretCT to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MargaretCT

Thanks, Beavis, I tried what you said. Got a message that "The MoodLogic Tivo gateway is already running", so I guess I already did that. Just in case, I went back downstairs to TV and got the same Tivo message as before.

I'm probably missing something very obvious (but not to me).

Margaret in CT

POST #29 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 05:28 AM
MoodLogic

Dear Margaret,

Your symptoms sound like a problem that was addressed in the very latest release of the MoodLogic TiVo gateway. I suggest you try the following steps first:

1) Close any running MoodLogic tray application
2) Download the updated version from
http://download.moodlogic.com/TiVo/mtv.exe
and save into your C:\Program Files\MoodLogic\TiVo directory (or your corresponding installation directory if you didn't install MoodLogic into C:\Program Files; you can overwrite the old version of mtv.exe)
3) Start the MoodLogic TiVo gateway again (via Start menu & MoodLogic program group, or by clicking on the new executable).

If that does not help, you are welcome to open a support ticket at http://my.moodlogic.net/support.jsp

cheers,
Gerald

POST #30 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MargaretCT is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 06:00 AM
MargaretCT

Gerald,

Thanks, I got it! And now I don't feel so stupid.

Time to play with Tivo and MoodLogic!

Margaret in CT

POST #31 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

timdthomas is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for timdthomas Find more posts by timdthomas Add timdthomas to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timdthomas
TiVo Addict

Something I seem to be missing ... I have about 5000 songs on my computer, many of which don't have any profile information for them.

I'd like to select a group of songs and say "Reggae" or "Rock" or "..." to get them into the right Genre.

How can I do this?

POST #32 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 01-30-2004 03:27 AM
MoodLogic

quote:
Originally posted by timdthomas
I'd like to select a group of songs and say "Reggae" or "Rock" or "..." to get them into the right Genre. How can I do this?

Right now, you can't. You can only rate songs on an individual basis through the Profile Center option.

That said, we are looking into ways of making music rating a less tedious experience by allowing to operate on groups of songs.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #33 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jakelambert is offline Old Post 02-01-2004 01:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jakelambert Find more posts by jakelambert Add jakelambert to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakelambert

Moodlogic Suggestion

Hey Gerald-

I downloaded Moodlogic and used it for the 14 day trial period. Overall, I liked its features, but there was one problem that prevented me from buying the software.

My MP3's are organized by artist/album. However, I have a bunch of CD's that don't fit that mold like soundtracks, cast recordings and compilation discs. For those I have a "Various" folder. Then they're listed alphabetically by album title. Moodlogic seemed to place them in some really odd places and made them very difficult to find. Some way to make custom folders or customization the organization would be a great addition.

POST #34 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 02-02-2004 02:41 PM
MoodLogic

Re: Moodlogic Suggestion

Jake,

It seems that you have already invested a lot of effort into organizing your files by using your file system, therefore doing it all over again with some MoodLogic folder concept would duplicate your work.

MoodLogic could of course expose entry points to your file system, but you can do that already via the TiVo Publisher. I can only think of one added value for MoodLogic based "file system browsing": file (=song) based instant mixes.

Is that what you had in mind?

cheers,
Gerald

POST #35 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sma is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 01:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sma Find more posts by sma Add sma to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sma

Volume leveling

Hi-

I've been using Moodlogic via Tivo for the last few days and love it but have one lingering issue- volume leveling.

This might be more of a general HMO issue rather than moodlogic, but does anyone know of a way to normalize the volume levels of files (mostly WMAs) during playback on TiVo/Moodlogic?

I know that there are some tools (MP3gain) that allow you to normalize MP3 files on the PC but I haven't found a similar tool for WMAs.

thanks
SMA

POST #36 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

miadlor is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for miadlor Find more posts by miadlor Add miadlor to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
miadlor

This comment is to Tivo not Moodlogic........

I hope Tivo plans on continuing with updates and support with it's desktop.
All the "extras" that will be coming out better not all need a new subscription fee.

Even now HMO is not really $99......if you want to do one of the two main features (Multi-Room Viewing) it actually cost you $49 more. (I'm not going to get into the other full subscription price on the other pvr)

Then this quote .... "The MoodLogic PC software and Home Media Option are all you need to enjoy your music like you always wanted."

Tivo's HMO's $99 price seems it's heading the way of... it was a fee for the privalige to pay for other services.

POST #37 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TommyTutone is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 04:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TommyTutone Find more posts by TommyTutone Add TommyTutone to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TommyTutone

I dl'ed and used Moodlogic and loved it, but I noticed that it communicates nicely with my Tivo. The only problem though was although the listing for the Moodlogic appeared on the Tivo, my entry for my photos was gone.

After uninstalling the software, both my normal music and photo options appeared again.

If not for that (and I'm n00b enough that I'm not sure I didn't do something wrong), I would have surely kept it.

POST #38 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MoodLogic is offline Old Post 02-04-2004 05:47 AM
MoodLogic

Tommy,

MoodLogic should coexist "peacefully" with TiVo Publisher, JavaHMO and the likes. It definitely shouldn't knock somebody off your TiVo HMO menu.
Smells like a bug or race condition during startup.

I also sent you a PM about this.

cheers,
Gerald

POST #39 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

tanman1975 is offline Old Post 02-09-2004 07:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tanman1975 Find more posts by tanman1975 Add tanman1975 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tanman1975

Question Moodlofic on fro Tivo claims my trial has expired.

First I would like to say I originally bought moodlogic to help set up playlists on my iPod, and now I can't imagine having the iPod without it. This is a wonderful program that anyone with a large collection of music shouldn't live without. It was well worth the purchase. Thank you.

Later, I learned that moodlogic works for Tivo. So I went ahead and installed the Tivo build. It works fine on my computer, but on Tivo is says my "trial" is expired from the get go.

I've tried uninstalling reinstalling several times. What am I doing wrong?

POST #40 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged