TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> What's Your Favorite Internet Radio? <<<

Pages (2): « Prev 1 [2]  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Why is offline Old Post 01-29-2004 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Why Find more posts by Why Add Why to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Why

Thanks, kitsap, but it wasn't your fault. When you go to your original post and right-click on the URL (as I did to save it), the / is automatically included, even though it's not displayed in the post (you can see it on the Status bar when you hover on the link, though).

POST #21 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jedgolf is offline Old Post 02-03-2004 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jedgolf Find more posts by jedgolf Add jedgolf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jedgolf

Radio NetPlus (old Spinner)

does anyone know how to connect TIVO to Radio NetPlus (the old Spinner)?

POST #22 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skanter is offline Old Post 04-30-2004 11:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skanter Find more posts by skanter Add skanter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skanter
TiVo Forum Special Member

quote:
Originally posted by kitsap
It may be sort of an "undocumented" bonus.

For internet radio, you create a simple text document called [something].m3u ... this file should contain a line with the numeric-only IP address for the radio station's MP3 stream. (This only works with MP3 streams.) "Publish" this file using Tivo Desktop.

Thus, I now have a file "KEXP Seattle.m3u" that contains just one line:

http://140.142.16.167:8000

It's cool.

Kitsap,

Could you be a bit more specific about this? Say I'm streaming a radio station thru MusicMatch or Shoutcast;Where do I find the IP address and how do I save it so I can publish it for Tivo?

unknown

POST #23 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap

The streaming I've done has been without using MusicMatch, Shoutcast, or JavaHMO. I've found the IP address for the MP3 stream through the specific radio station's own web page, then copied it into an ".m3u" text file and published that file using the regular Tivo Desktop.

I couple of months ago, however, I pretty much stopped streaming live radio and moved to a more "Tivoesque" approach. I've installed Replay Radio ($30) on my PC, and now I record and store streams in MP3 format for later HMO playback. Replay Radio converts non-MP3 streams into MP3 format on the fly, so even stations that don't offer MP3 directly are susceptible to this approach.

This doesn't work for live streaming, but as with live TV, I don't listen to live radio.

POST #24 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

skanter is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 12:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skanter Find more posts by skanter Add skanter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skanter

Can you set a timer to record specific programs, like Tivo?

quote:
Originally posted by kitsap
The streaming I've done has been without using MusicMatch, Shoutcast, or JavaHMO. I've found the IP address for the MP3 stream through the specific radio station's own web page, then copied it into an ".m3u" text file and published that file using the regular Tivo Desktop.

I couple of months ago, however, I pretty much stopped streaming live radio and moved to a more "Tivoesque" approach. I've installed Replay Radio ($30) on my PC, and now I record and store streams in MP3 format for later HMO playback. Replay Radio converts non-MP3 streams into MP3 format on the fly, so even stations that don't offer MP3 directly are susceptible to this approach.

This doesn't work for live streaming, but as with live TV, I don't listen to live radio.

unknown

POST #25 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Bigg is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Bigg Find more posts by Bigg Add Bigg to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bigg
Advanced Member

I vote for 4urocknmetal on winamp and winmedia. Don't know about HMO, as I don't have it yet (have the adapter + TiVo but the ethernet is screwing up the CATV so...).

POST #26 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kitsap is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 01:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kitsap Find more posts by kitsap Add kitsap to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kitsap

quote:
Originally posted by skanter
Can you set a timer to record specific programs, like Tivo?
Yes, either for a single time, or for a repeating program.

POST #27 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Peter000 is offline Old Post 05-01-2004 02:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Peter000 Find more posts by Peter000 Add Peter000 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Peter000

Thanks for the tips, kitsap. That is really cool about streaming live radio to the TiVo.

Lately I've been listening to Air America Radio via streaming, 'cause I don't get very good radio reception where I am.

And I've been sampling iTunes stations as well... last night I listend to RadioioAmbient that was really cool. (and yes that is radioioAMBIENT.com... no typo on the extra io.)

listen
get

POST #28 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged