TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Dead Zone 6/13 **Spoilers** <<<

Pages (2): [1] 2 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SWFan is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SWFan Visit SWFan's homepage! Find more posts by SWFan Add SWFan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SWFan
TiVo Forum Special Member

Dead Zone 6/13 **Spoilers**

I was a little disappointed in this episode. The only highlight for me was that it looks like the Rev. Perty (sp?) may have done something very nasty. I will say the solution to getting Johnny out of trouble was unexpected. But we still don't know what really happened to the camera gal. And this episode was devoid of the future guy.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

Yeah, but this is a show that doesn't believe in quick and easy answers. Obviously, they're not done with any of those issues; we still need to see Stillson hit Kate Warner, and I'm sure the truth about Kid Sis (the camera gal, not the terrorist) will come out.

I also like what they've done with Purdy. When he first appeared, he seemed like a creepy guy who was ripping off John's mom. Then, over time, he seemed nicer and nicer. Now, it seems as though while he may be nicer than we originally thought, those initial impressions were still accurate. They've been holding onto that for two years!

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SWFan is offline Old Post 06-14-2004 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SWFan Visit SWFan's homepage! Find more posts by SWFan Add SWFan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SWFan

I agree with your assessment of Purdy. In the beginning you looked at him like one of the stereotypical sleezy, money grubbing televangelist type people. But over time you felt more and more like he was a good guy. Now, it certainly seems the initial assessment may have been correct.

And yes, I realize this show likes to take its time to develop larger story arcs. I like that. Its just something about this episode felt rushed to me. I can't put my finger on it, but I just didn't get a warm fuzzy from it. Basically the developments with Purdy was the only bright point for me in this episode.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

michad is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 07:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for michad Find more posts by michad Add michad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michad
Wedded bliss

So did Purdy give the money to Stillson?

Is J.S. broke now?

Yes I like my entertainment spoonfed, I'll try to change.

Best. Thread. Resurrection. Ever.
Hughes DVR2 35hr

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jschuur is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 11:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jschuur Visit jschuur's homepage! Find more posts by jschuur Add jschuur to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jschuur
TV-holic

Clearly the finances guy did not commit suicide or kill the sister. I half expected Johnny to see his car when they were at the impound lot and touch it to get a glimpse of what really happened.

Anyone catch how they stressed that the suicide note was not the original? No clues when he touched it.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mike20878 is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mike20878 Find more posts by Mike20878 Add Mike20878 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike20878
Jake's dad

quote:
Originally posted by jschuur
Clearly the finances guy did not commit suicide or kill the sister. I half expected Johnny to see his car when they were at the impound lot and touch it to get a glimpse of what really happened.

Anyone catch how they stressed that the suicide note was not the original? No clues when he touched it.

But he did get a vision of what really happened when he and Purdy touched the letter at the same time. We just didn't see it. Johnny gave Purdy a knowing look.

What's up with the election? Are we to believe that Stillson rigged the voting equipment from the last episode? It seemed that they were saying no matter what someone selected it would register a vote for Stillson. I still think the sister got that machine on tape and that's what got her killed. We know from last week that she was the one who approached them as they were closing the door on the voting machine.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rob Helmerichs Visit Rob Helmerichs's homepage! Find more posts by Rob Helmerichs Add Rob Helmerichs to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

I was a little fuzzy on the voter fraud, but apparently the machines were rigged so that if the election fell into the margin of error, it would go Stillson's way.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bentleyml is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bentleyml Find more posts by bentleyml Add bentleyml to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bentleyml
iPod! iPod! iPod!

quote:
Originally posted by Medieval Guy
I was a little fuzzy on the voter fraud, but apparently the machines were rigged so that if the election fell into the margin of error, it would go Stillson's way.

That was my understanding too. Didn't want to win by a false landslide, but wanted to make sure he won. He's a shrewd kind of evil that Stillson.

"What smells like blue?"
--Phillip J. Fry, Roswell That Ends Well

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SWFan is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 09:43 PM
SWFan

quote:
So did Purdy give the money to Stillson?

It appears he did give Stillson money, though if it came from JS's trust fund wasn't clear in that episode. It wouldn't surprise me if the Faith Ministry (or whatever its called) had a life insurance policy on the CFO that didn't exclude suicide and that's where the money came from.

quote:
Is J.S. broke now?

If the money came from the trust fund, that would be my guess. Though he would have the house as a sellable asset. Also, when they talked about the trust's net worth it was in the millions, but they were looking for just cash, which was a small portion. So it appears there are some assets (which would include the house) that are worth no small amount of money. So in the end, no, he wouldn't really be broke.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SWFan is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 09:45 PM
SWFan

I don't understand why Johnny only gets the apocolypse vision when he touches Stilson. He sure would have a better advantage if he had visions of all these shady and illegal deals Stilson is into.

He also needs to get his hands on that Stilson aide with the balding hair and beard. That guy seems to be the one doing all the real dirty work, surely he could get some great clues from that guy.

Captain Kirk: "Once again we've saved civilization as we know it."
Dr. McCoy: "And the good news is they're not going to prosecute."

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 09:59 PM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by SWFan
I don't understand why Johnny only gets the apocolypse vision when he touches Stilson. He sure would have a better advantage if he had visions of all these shady and illegal deals Stilson is into.
I'm guessing the Apocalypse leaves a strong enough impression to overpower simple fiscal misdeeds...

I also suspect that Stillson had nothing directly to do with the documentary lady's death--his surprise and anger at being a suspect seemed more sincere and less smarmy than usual for him. I think the "aide" did it.

Finally, I wonder if Stillson himself is really responsible for the Apocalypse, or if he is a tool of a greater conspiracy, perhaps involving the "aide."

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

stevenrt is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for stevenrt Find more posts by stevenrt Add stevenrt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stevenrt

quote:
If the money came from the trust fund, that would be my guess. Though he would have the house as a sellable asset. Also, when they talked about the trust's net worth it was in the millions, but they were looking for just cash, which was a small portion. So it appears there are some assets (which would include the house) that are worth no small amount of money. So in the end, no, he wouldn't really be broke.

But, as indicated in the last one or two episodes, Purdy had already "borrowed" significant amounts from JS's trust fund to cover loans taken out by Faith Ministry. The now-dead accountant said that although it looked like the trust fund was still worth quite a bit, it really wasn't because that money was used to cover Faith Ministry's loans. If they defaulted on the loans, the trust fund was essentially wiped out (and supposedly Faith Ministry is close to defaulting). That's when Purdy asked out of the millions supposedly in the trust fund, how much was actually available to be withdrawn as cash, which was only about 200k. Essentially, Purdy has stolen millions from JS and depleted his trust fund.

What bothers me is Purdy. This man obviously believes in JS's abilities, yet was still either desperate enough or crazy enough to steal all that money even though he supposedly believes that JS could have discovered this by simply touching him. On that note, why the heck didn't JS disover this earlier.

I thought the way they finished the episode (killing the accountant and framing him for the murder) was incredibly lame. If I was the DA and sherrif, I would take one look at that and go, "yeah, sure, and I suppose you have a bridge to sell me also".

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

BeanMeScot is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BeanMeScot Find more posts by BeanMeScot Add BeanMeScot to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BeanMeScot

quote:
Originally posted by stevenrt
I thought the way they finished the episode (killing the accountant and framing him for the murder) was incredibly lame. If I was the DA and sherrif, I would take one look at that and go, "yeah, sure, and I suppose you have a bridge to sell me also".

Really. They said he was released because of an unverified suicide note and Rev Purdy's good word. Yeah, that would convince any DA.

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-15-2004 11:36 PM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by stevenrt
What bothers me is Purdy. This man obviously believes in JS's abilities, yet was still either desperate enough or crazy enough to steal all that money even though he supposedly believes that JS could have discovered this by simply touching him.
I'm pretty sure that he did the embezzling while Johnny was still in his coma. Certainly, the suspicion was raised in one of the very first episodes.

POST #14 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

etsolow is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 12:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for etsolow Find more posts by etsolow Add etsolow to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
etsolow
Don't Try

And if I recall correctly, the gun was in the dead guy's right hand while the bullet hole was in his left temple. And the window appeared to be shattered inward, with glass all over the seats. "Looks like a suicide to me." Huh?

Efax trading thread: I have a 208, need a 608.

POST #15 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TampaThunder is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 01:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TampaThunder Find more posts by TampaThunder Add TampaThunder to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TampaThunder
Mr. Dead Money

quote:
Originally posted by etsolow
And if I recall correctly, the gun was in the dead guy's right hand while the bullet hole was in his left temple. And the window appeared to be shattered inward, with glass all over the seats. "Looks like a suicide to me." Huh?

The impression I got was that the bullet went through his head and out through the window though the way the glass was shattered it looked more like a shotgun blast then bullet.

POST #16 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jwjody is offline Old Post 06-16-2004 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jwjody Find more posts by jwjody Add jwjody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwjody

So who killed the CFO? Purdy? You don't know what Johnny saw but if he saw Purdy kill the CFO do you think he would have kept quiet about that?

Maybe he just saw Purdy fake the suicide note and is just taking Purdy's help.

Whatever happened to the hot red head reporter?

J

POST #17 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

vertigo235 is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 09:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for vertigo235 Visit vertigo235's homepage! Find more posts by vertigo235 Add vertigo235 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vertigo235
Advanced Member

looked to me like he had shatterproof glass and it could have fallen inward after it exploded (yes some shaterproof glass explodes into a thousand beads)

http://www.lnyc.org/

POST #18 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Graymalkin is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Graymalkin Find more posts by Graymalkin Add Graymalkin to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Graymalkin
Half-Wit Pundit

quote:
Originally posted by jwjody
Whatever happened to the hot red head reporter?

J

Finally! Someone asks a question I want an answer to! Looks like Rebecca (Sara Wynter's character) has replaced her.

I know it's been said, many times, many ways, but you're the man, Gray! -- Thaed
Yes, Gray is one hell of a guy. -- Mavenelle

POST #19 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rob Helmerichs is offline Old Post 06-17-2004 11:39 PM
Rob Helmerichs
Um...

quote:
Originally posted by Graymalkin
Finally! Someone asks a question I want an answer to! Looks like Rebecca (Sara Wynter's character) has replaced her.
But Rebecca is just a temp (did I hear six episodes?). Maybe Dana will be back--I notice that in the last week or so they added Rebecca to the cast list on the official web site, but did not remove Dana.

POST #20 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged