TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo
>>> Tivo Desktop software difficulties <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Terry_tv is offline Old Post 06-19-2004 03:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_tv Find more posts by Terry_tv Add Terry_tv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terry_tv

Angry Tivo Desktop software difficulties

I have seen many posts concerning the same thing I am experiencing with the Tivo desktop software not working. I install, publish and it all works great until the next bootup/logon. At this point, it gives error "tivo beacon unavailable" a check in the task manager shows the service tivobeacon running. Opening the tivo publisher and trying to get to server properties gives the message "did not respond in a timely fashion." I have opened all ports and am able to ping the tivo. Also, I have followed the tivo help suggestion of my computer-->manage-->making sure tivo service is started and set to automatic, it is.

What I have found is if I restart the service here and then go back to publisher, I am able to start the server and all works great. However, this must be done each and every time (my computer-->manage-->restart tivo service) for it to work.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I, can help me out.

terry

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Terry_tv is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 10:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_tv Find more posts by Terry_tv Add Terry_tv to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Terry_tv

anyone?

I'm sure someone has an answer to this one. I still see people posting with the same issue. Anyone?

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TiVoBill is offline Old Post 06-24-2004 10:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TiVoBill Visit TiVoBill's homepage! Find more posts by TiVoBill Add TiVoBill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TiVoBill
Advanced Member

We are aware of an issue that can cause the symptoms you mention. If you have a lot of services starting up with Windows, the TiVo Server service may time out during startup. That will cause the "TiVo Beacon Unavailable" message to appear. The only current workaround is to start TiVo server manually from TiVo Desktop after startup has been completed. You might also try to reduce the number of services starting up to reduce the likelihood of that happening. The developers are aware of that issue and hope to be able to make it less likely in future versions of TiVo Desktop.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Terry_tv is offline Old Post 06-25-2004 04:45 AM
Terry_tv

ok

Im glad to know that it is a known issue. I just starting thinking that I do have a few things going at startup. Ill try to cull some of those down and see if that changes anything.

Thanks

Terry

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged