TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo UK
>>> Source for SkyEye T-Vo <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nezza42 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 03:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nezza42 Visit nezza42's homepage! Find more posts by nezza42 Add nezza42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nezza42

Source for SkyEye T-Vo

Do you know if the SkyEye T-Vo is still available from www.skyeyeforce9.co.uk?

I have requested info from the site but had no reposnses

Is it available elsewhere?

Is there a similar product that can both zap the red dot without cancelling Tivo remote commands (preferably by using the rf2 sckt)?

thanks for any insight

Nezza

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DaveP is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 03:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveP Find more posts by DaveP Add DaveP to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveP

I think this is what you are looking for: http://www.skyeye.force9.co.uk/skyeye.htm

Sky-eye T-Link £24.99

Dave

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nezza42 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 04:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for nezza42 Visit nezza42's homepage! Find more posts by nezza42 Add nezza42 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nezza42

Thanks Dave, yes I know I should be able to get one from there (I want the T-Vo version to also replace the Tico wand) but I haven't had a response from the Email enquiries......so I wondered of the buisness is still active or if there is an alternate source/produc range.

Nezza

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DaveP is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveP Find more posts by DaveP Add DaveP to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DaveP

Sorry mate, I didn't read your link I just clicked on it! It didn't work so I searched and found the same site - Doh!

I've got one and it works a treat. I bought mine off eBay - I'll see if I can find the receipt. I don't hold out much hope though, I don't do filing!

Dave

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nezza42 is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:15 PM
nezza42

Thanks David, yeah I missed a "." on the link!

Tried searching eBay but drew a blank, won't give up yet though

Cheers

Nezza

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Tutter is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tutter Find more posts by Tutter Add Tutter to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tutter

Try emailing him again. There may be a problem with his (or your) email.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

b166er is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for b166er Find more posts by b166er Add b166er to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
b166er
Enormous Member

Unhappy

I got one from him last year. It arrived two weeks before I was due to go to America for 6 weeks so I was keen to get it hooked up and tested. After two weeks of testing I found it missed two or three channel changes (out of probably 100). If you're gonna be away for a while you really want to know you can trust the thing 100%. I ended up disconnecting it. I came home to find ALL my recordings correct, albeit with an annoying red-dot, but at least they were all there.

I never gave it a second chance. Perhaps I should dig it out again, but even though I'm not going away, I still don't fancy the idea of missing any recordings.

What to do . . . .

I had it linked via the RF2 thing also, there was no IR involved as I recall. It's going back about a year now.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ozsat is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ozsat Find more posts by ozsat Add ozsat to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ozsat
Very Nice Moderator

I use the SkyEye iTV which allows two addition ITV channels to be accessed directly via TiVo.

The only times I've known channel changes to fail on regular channels is when another remote is active in the room. Sky Digibox will still accept via front panel so it needs covering up.

A couple of times the addition ITV channel change has failed to work on the first change after a power up. So I know to force a change now after a power up.

I would recommend it.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Uilleam is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uilleam Find more posts by Uilleam Add Uilleam to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uilleam

Smile

I got one from him a couple of weeks ago and it works a treat!

Bill.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

xxxx is offline Old Post 06-22-2004 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xxxx Find more posts by xxxx Add xxxx to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xxxx

I have used one of these for ages. Mine works perfectly and has never missed a channel change or left a red dot. The chap who makes them is polite and helpful and replied quickly to my emails. And the thing is cheap.

What more can one ask for?

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nezza42 is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 12:16 AM
nezza42

Cheers guys, guess I was just a little too impatient......Mike has just Email back & I've ordered one

L8r

Nezza

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

woody is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 12:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for woody Find more posts by woody Add woody to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
woody
TiVo Forum Special Member

i hope you don't have a Grundig box, as you would need the Tivo-IR version, but Mike is usually very good at mentioning things like this

One For All URC7562, skyeye T-IR reddot remover

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

nezza42 is offline Old Post 06-23-2004 06:41 PM
nezza42

Nope...a Panny & Mike did say it should be OK with it.

Cheers

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged