TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
>>> Crime & Punishment 6/26 *spoilers* <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dthmj is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dthmj Find more posts by dthmj Add dthmj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dthmj
Kickball, real sport

Crime & Punishment 6/26 *spoilers*

Is anyone watching this show? It's Law & Order with real people.

I was watching the most recent episode last night, and I would have had a hard time convicting the guy if the prosecutions case was how it was presented on TV. They provided no proof that the defendant did the crime. Their whole case was that the son didn't do it.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dthmj is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for dthmj Find more posts by dthmj Add dthmj to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dthmj
Kickball, real sport

Hmmmmm - guess no one is watching this show...

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

etexlady is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for etexlady Find more posts by etexlady Add etexlady to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
etexlady

I'm watching the show. I agree that the way the case was presented would have made it difficult to convict the guy and I typically am pro-prosecution . There was no weapon found, only her blood on his shoes which he left at the scene.

I like this show better than "The Jury". The flashbacks in that show I don't care for. Also, it seems too "scripted". I don't think your everyday jurors would talk that way.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by dthmj
Hmmmmm - guess no one is watching this show...
Hey where were you when I posted my lonely C&P threads?

I myself was pretty surprised at the lack of evidence... and more so how terrible Cutts's attorney was. The prosecutor argued that he must have shot her b/c there were .22 bullets in the room where she was shot???

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

cheerdude is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for cheerdude Find more posts by cheerdude Add cheerdude to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cheerdude
Marathon Trainee

Dang... didn't keep my SP when it was first on. SP re-set for next one...

Please visit my Personal Page to learn more and to donate online. 100% of your donation is Tax Deductible.
If you wish to donate via check, please either PM or email me for information.

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

dthmj is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:12 AM
dthmj
Kickball, real sport

quote:
Originally posted by daperlman
Hey where were you when I posted my lonely C&P threads?

Daycamp - that whole week was a blur...
quote:

I myself was pretty surprised at the lack of evidence... and more so how terrible Cutts's attorney was. The prosecutor argued that he must have shot her b/c there were .22 bullets in the room where she was shot???

Spoilerized since it's about a previous week's show..
Spoiler Alert! (highlight to read)

I thought that attorney was much better than the one the week before... the theft identity guy - The attorney was a total buffoon! I cracked up when he kept sticking himself in the mouth with his pen while he talked - the prosecutor appeared to be laughing too at that point. That guy is not gonna get any new business from the show

But this week's attorney was ok - he didn't have to put much of a defense on since there was no evidence. I thought he did a good job of showing the defendant didn't own a gun, and was not violent, and that even the victim's own family thought he was a good guy. There was no evidence except the bloody shoes - which could have just been blood spray from being in the same room - probably lots of stuff had blood on it.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

emily is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 08:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for emily Find more posts by emily Add emily to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emily

I just kept thinking that there was no was they were going to find him guilty based on what I saw/heard. I guess they did a lot of editing.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dr. Thodt is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Thodt Find more posts by Dr. Thodt Add Dr. Thodt to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dr. Thodt

At the beginning of the show didn't the prosecutor say they knew the gun was a .22 semi automatic? He made a point of explaining what a semi auto was to the jury. And then during his closing statements he said they had no idea what kind of gun was used. (Beyond it being a .22)

I don't think the prosecutor deserved to win that case. His whole case was based upon playing upon the emotions of the jury.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daperlman Visit daperlman's homepage! Find more posts by daperlman Add daperlman to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by dthmj

Spoilerized since it's about a previous week's show..

I thought that attorney was much better than the one the week before... the theft identity guy - The attorney was a total buffoon! I cracked up when he kept sticking himself in the mouth with his pen while he talked - the prosecutor appeared to be laughing too at that point. That guy is not gonna get any new business from the show

[/B]

That was a classic episode. The more they dug... the more dirt they found on him.
The con man was like a degenerate... he just had to keep pushing the envelope even though he'd gotten away with an incredible amount of fraud. It wasn't enough that he had stolen the guy's identity... and duped a hospital... he then had to sell the patients vitamin's (that would kill them). And his attorney was slightly insane... he'd get outraged at the prosecutor only to find himself apologizing one minute later (even after going over her head). He killed me... he kept using cliches incorrectly. They missed the deadline for the 12 year plea, so the guy asks for 12 years and one day.... LOL.

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

daperlman is offline Old Post 06-29-2004 07:03 PM
daperlman
sci-fi wasabi

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Thodt
At the beginning of the show didn't the prosecutor say they knew the gun was a .22 semi automatic? He made a point of explaining what a semi auto was to the jury. And then during his closing statements he said they had no idea what kind of gun was used. (Beyond it being a .22)

I don't think the prosecutor deserved to win that case. His whole case was based upon playing upon the emotions of the jury.

Well the 'semi-auto' was to illustrate that someone had to intentionally pull the trigger... and based on the bullets ballistics it was probably from a certain type of .22, but they couldn't be sure w/out the gun.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

hookbill is offline Old Post 06-30-2004 01:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hookbill Find more posts by hookbill Add hookbill to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hookbill
Advanced Member

I think this show so far is the only summer show that I actually look forward to. If I recall from last year however, there were only a few shows before the "season" ended.

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged