TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
>>> "FXP" Foobared <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sjf is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjf Visit sjf's homepage! Find more posts by sjf Add sjf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjf
TiVo Forum Special Member

Talking "FXP" Foobared

Came home to discover my Tivo recording "Dressed to Kill" on FXP. About had a heart attack as it was *crammed* full of stutters, black screens, pixelations, stopples, audio pops, etc. Continuoous corruption. In general it looked like my tivo was headed south in a hurry!

Changed channels and everything looked OK. So I tried receiving that channel directly, and on Cox Cable here in San diego, FXP is AFU!

In fact, it looks like they are using a tivo with a bad hard drive!

------------------
I'm Porky Pig of Borg you will be assim-assim-assim- absorbed.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

AndyK is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 04:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyK Find more posts by AndyK Add AndyK to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyK
unsatisfied

Talking

Sounds like my usual cable (Cablevision L.I.) "experience". It's what happens when they do on the fly compression and try to squeeze out a bit more bandwidth for the oh so profitable cable modem and Telephony services. We see digital break ups on various channels regularly, 10 times a day at least. If we didn't get the service for free, I'd be hanging out in the D-tivo section a lot

------------------
I am an army of 2.0.1

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

sjf is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sjf Visit sjf's homepage! Find more posts by sjf Add sjf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sjf
TiVo Forum Special Member

Talking

10 times a day? This was more like 20 times a minute! I don't think more than 5 seconds went by without some kind of video or audio issue.

------------------
I'm Porky Pig of Borg you will be assim-assim-assim- absorbed.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Worf is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 11:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Worf Visit Worf's homepage! Find more posts by Worf Add Worf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Worf

Talking

That's what happens when you got a bunch of cablemodem users downloading Otto's pr0n .

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged