TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Underground Playground > TiVo Underground
>>> caching vs quaddrive <<<

Pages (7): « First ... « Prev 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next »  
Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RobD is offline Old Post 12-19-2002 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RobD Find more posts by RobD Add RobD to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RobD

Saw this on the 9thtee site:

quote:
12/12/2002 - Things are running a bit behind schedule but this happens with a product such as this. We are re-working the card and working on the software drivers to ensure maximum compatibility. We are hoping to be able to begin taking orders late January for cards shipping in February.

I signed up for the e-mail notification updates at the site. I think this would have been an appropriate message to send to everyone. Not to be negative to jafa, I'd much rather have him spend time working on the cachecard than sending e-mail!

TiVo #1: Hughes HDVR2, 2x120GB Maxtors (217Hrs), Weaknees w/cooling kit
TiVo #2: Hughes HDVR2, stock 40GB (gets a 160GB for X-mas)
TiVo #3: Sony SVR-2000, 80&160GB Maxtors, 32MB Memory Upgrade, TiVoNET, Lifetime service
SA unit hooked to Cable+DirecTV (RCA430RG receiver) with serial cable.

POST #101 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

wavemaster is offline Old Post 01-12-2003 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for wavemaster Find more posts by wavemaster Add wavemaster to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wavemaster

This still alive?

What's up? This cache beauty going to fly or what?

Thanks

POST #102 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrtickle is offline Old Post 01-21-2003 06:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrtickle Find more posts by mrtickle Add mrtickle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrtickle
hatted

quote:
Originally posted by mrtickle
If you can tell me where to look (say in tivoweb) to find out the size, I can tell you how big my uk tivo's database is. I currently have guide data for about 400 channels until Fri 20th Dec (new uk tivos that come out of the box with 1.5.0 take over 24 hours to index this lineup!)

Bump. Still waiting for someone to let me know where to check...

160GB UK 2.5.5 TiVo with 32MB ram running TiVoweb via 512MB cachecard with 170 SPs and some custom channel logos. Other hacks: serial PPP in the UK, TiVoWeb, fix the flickering selection bar, kill the red dot in software and merge recordings.

POST #103 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TK-421 is offline Old Post 02-06-2003 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TK-421 Visit TK-421's homepage! Find more posts by TK-421 Add TK-421 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TK-421
Stormtrooper

just a bump to see if jafa has any news..

POST #104 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jafa is offline Old Post 02-07-2003 08:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jafa Visit jafa's homepage! Find more posts by jafa Add jafa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jafa
TiVo Forum Special Member

Hi guys,

I have been in New Zealand for the last 6 weeks... going to be back soon.

Its summer over here of course... been gliding, playing golf, and working on an interesting project (not tivo related but will have some great photos )

Nick

POST #105 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ingouk is offline Old Post 02-10-2003 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ingouk Visit ingouk's homepage! Find more posts by ingouk Add ingouk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ingouk

hi,

would the cache card work with a UK tivo?
Software version 2.5.5

Cheers

ingouk

POST #106 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jafa is offline Old Post 02-10-2003 08:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jafa Visit jafa's homepage! Find more posts by jafa Add jafa to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jafa

quote:
Originally posted by ingouk
hi,

would the cache card work with a UK tivo?
Software version 2.5.5

Cheers

ingouk

Hi,

Sure, it works on any S1 TiVo (requires driver), including UK.

Nick

POST #107 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bbsux is offline Old Post 02-10-2003 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bbsux Visit bbsux's homepage! Find more posts by bbsux Add bbsux to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bbsux

any idea when it might be ready?

POST #108 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

mrtickle is offline Old Post 02-10-2003 06:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mrtickle Find more posts by mrtickle Add mrtickle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mrtickle
hatted

quote:
Originally posted by jafa
Hi,

Sure, it works on any S1 TiVo (requires driver), including UK.

Nick

Excellent!

160GB UK 2.5.5 TiVo with 32MB ram running TiVoweb via 512MB cachecard with 170 SPs and some custom channel logos. Other hacks: serial PPP in the UK, TiVoWeb, fix the flickering selection bar, kill the red dot in software and merge recordings.

POST #109 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TimTrace is offline Old Post 02-10-2003 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimTrace Visit TimTrace's homepage! Find more posts by TimTrace Add TimTrace to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimTrace
Join the TiVolution!

quote:
...working on an interesting project (not tivo related but will have some great photos )

Ummmmm...if you're on vacation and trying to conceive a child, please hold the photos

POST #110 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 03-03-2003 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

I'm still sitting on my hands, I can't wait to get hold of one of these and speed up my Tivo - my time is precious!
I'm holding off ordering other items from 9thtee, so I'm doubly excited about the forthcoming release of the cache card.
The web site says they hope to be shipping in February, has anyone suggested any more shipping estimates recently?

POST #111 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gultig is offline Old Post 03-04-2003 03:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gultig Find more posts by Gultig Add Gultig to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gultig

<Bump>

How you doing, Jafa?

POST #112 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 03-18-2003 06:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bobnick Find more posts by bobnick Add bobnick to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobnick
Advanced Member

Is there any eta at all on the cache card? Even a rough timeframe would be really helpful...

POST #113 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

kvandivo is offline Old Post 03-18-2003 10:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kvandivo Visit kvandivo's homepage! Find more posts by kvandivo Add kvandivo to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kvandivo
Captain, TiVo Army

quote:
Originally posted by bobnick
I'm still sitting on my hands, I can't wait to get hold of one of these and speed up my Tivo - my time is precious!
I'm holding off ordering other items from 9thtee, so I'm doubly excited about the forthcoming release of the cache card.
The web site says they hope to be shipping in February, has anyone suggested any more shipping estimates recently?

Does it say February of what year?

POST #114 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bobnick is offline Old Post 03-19-2003 12:12 AM
bobnick
Advanced Member

Trickery worthy of Tivo UK themselves!

The website has just been updated, and now says mid-may which is a real shame as I'm in the US in April

POST #115 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

edrock200 is offline Old Post 03-19-2003 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for edrock200 Find more posts by edrock200 Add edrock200 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edrock200

This was at 9thtee.com today:
3/18/2002 - Wow, things are running behind, but everything seems to be coming together now. Hopefully, we will be able to start taking orders next month and shipping toward the middle of May.

We are currently taking email addresses of folks that are interested in this product. You will be notified when we are ready to accept orders.

POST #116 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jafa is offline Old Post 04-05-2003 11:18 PM
jafa

Hi guys,

The Alpha 2 pcbs and due to arrive on Wednesday. All the components have arrived and I am itching to play

I will post some photos as soon as they arrive.

Nick

POST #117 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

zaknafein is offline Old Post 04-06-2003 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for zaknafein Visit zaknafein's homepage! Find more posts by zaknafein Add zaknafein to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zaknafein
iddqd

quote:
Hi guys,

The Alpha 2 pcbs and due to arrive on Wednesday. All the components have arrived and I am itching to play

I will post some photos as soon as they arrive.

Nick

Excellent.

You wanted to be free
And somewhere beyond the bitter end is where I wanna be

POST #118 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Misfit is offline Old Post 04-06-2003 06:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Misfit Find more posts by Misfit Add Misfit to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misfit

Yeah! I can't wait!!!

POST #119 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

jkeegan is offline Old Post 04-06-2003 07:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jkeegan Visit jkeegan's homepage! Find more posts by jkeegan Add jkeegan to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jkeegan
Advanced Member

Of course, now we're all very conscious of the slowness of our menus for another week.

..Jeff (loving this whole idea)

seven syllables
(kee gan dot org slash ti vo )
they explain it all

POST #120 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged