TiVo Community Forum Archive 1
READ ONLY ARCHIVES

Welcome to the TiVo Community Forum Archive
This archive covers threads on TiVo Community Forum that have not been posted to from the start until June 30, 2004.  Any thread that has a post made to it between 7/1/04 and 12/31/05, that had not been posted to, will be found in Archive 2.
This is a READ ONLY site.

Search | ARCHIVE 2 | MAIN SITE

TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.8 TiVo Community Forum Archive 1 > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
>>> NFL football <<<

Forum Jump:
Search this Thread:
Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread ---> Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pinto_guy is offline Old Post 09-06-2003 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pinto_guy Find more posts by pinto_guy Add pinto_guy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinto_guy

NFL football

OK, I'm sure this question has been asked before: How do you "season pass" all the games of one given NFL team (e.g Raiders) ? I tried creating a wishlist using "Raiders" as a keyword, but TiVo then wants to record everything, including pre-, post-show etc... I only want the actual gamesm for the whole year. How do we do this ?

Thanks in advance.

POST #1 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SeattleBrad is offline Old Post 09-06-2003 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SeattleBrad Visit SeattleBrad's homepage! Find more posts by SeattleBrad Add SeattleBrad to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SeattleBrad
Pusher of Buttons

I fixed this problem by looking for the city name "Oakland" rather than the mascot name (Raiders). For example, I have a keyword wishlist for "Seattle" with category Sports/Baseball and I get the games but not the talk shows.

POST #2 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

richNYC is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for richNYC Find more posts by richNYC Add richNYC to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
richNYC

In the wishlists there is a category under "Sports" called "Live Event". That should do the trick.

Also, don't forget to pad an hour or so at the end so you won't miss any OT.

POST #3 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pinto_guy is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 03:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pinto_guy Find more posts by pinto_guy Add pinto_guy to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinto_guy

Sorry SeattleBrad and RichNYC. I tried both of your tricks. No luck. In fact, I could not see a "live event" subcategory in "Sports". I tried the Oakland keyword in sports, but still got some ESPN2 program that is not a live game. Any other hints anyone ?

POST #4 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bevinst is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bevinst Find more posts by bevinst Add bevinst to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bevinst

Try a keyword wishlist like "oakland at" with sports category -- don't use quote marks unless you also create a wishlist that's "at oakland".

-Tommy

POST #5 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

ccwf is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 07:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ccwf Visit ccwf's homepage! Find more posts by ccwf Add ccwf to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ccwf
Good holiday spirit!

The answer depends on whether you have a DirecTiVo or a standalone TiVo. Live Event for DirecTiVos corresponds roughly with Sports Event for standalones.

TiVo Help Forumsfeatured member
TC-Con '05, June 13
中日韓 Chinese/Japanese/Korean Dramas board admin

Tristana Moore, BBC News: Arts promoter Christof Blaesius wants to rebuild the [Berlin] wall and have it decorated by artists from around the world. The idea is proving controversial.

POST #6 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Ladd Morse is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 03:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ladd Morse Find more posts by Ladd Morse Add Ladd Morse to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladd Morse

quote:
Originally posted by bevinst
Try a keyword wishlist like "oakland at" with sports category -- don't use quote marks unless you also create a wishlist that's "at oakland".
this method works very well -- I've been using it for two years and it's caught all of my home team's games.

POST #7 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

pinto_guy is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 09:32 PM
pinto_guy

quote:
Originally posted by bevinst

-Tommy

You are brilliant Tommy. Tried it, and it only selected "The Game", not the ancillary stuff.

Thanks a million.

POST #8 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

bevinst is offline Old Post 09-07-2003 11:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bevinst Find more posts by bevinst Add bevinst to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bevinst

quote:
Originally posted by pinto_guy
You are brilliant Tommy. Tried it, and it only selected "The Game", not the ancillary stuff.

Sadly, not true. I picked this up in one of the threads on this board in the last couple of years. I've never had it either miss a game or pick up a false positive and I haven't even narrowed the wishlist down the way you can now (Sports/SportsEvent).

-Tommy

POST #9 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

keefer37 is offline Old Post 09-08-2003 04:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for keefer37 Visit keefer37's homepage! Find more posts by keefer37 Add keefer37 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
keefer37
Two TiVo Tar Heel

Did anyone else have wrong guide data for their Sunday Ticket games? My SA Sony SVR-2000's guide data was wrong, and instead of getting the 49ers game, it recorded the Saints game. The problem didn't affect my HDVR2. It had the right data and recorded the correct channel.

The weird thing is the Sundary Ticket channels have been set as to what game is wehre each week for quite awhile, as I have several schedules I received from DirecTV that have channels mapped out for the entire NFL season.

Life just isn't complete unless you're running 10 million cables in your home.
Hughes HDVR2: 177 Hrs.
Philips DSR-7000: 159 Hrs.

POST #10 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

curt222 is offline Old Post 09-08-2003 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for curt222 Find more posts by curt222 Add curt222 to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curt222

I am using the title wishlist "NFL Football Patriots" to catch Pats games. This seems to catch only the games because Tivo lists them as NFL Football.

Has anyone used a similar wishlist and had different results?

POST #11 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Fal5Kirk is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 01:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fal5Kirk Find more posts by Fal5Kirk Add Fal5Kirk to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fal5Kirk

quote:
Originally posted by curt222
I am using the title wishlist "NFL Football Patriots" to catch Pats games. This seems to catch only the games because Tivo lists them as NFL Football.

Has anyone used a similar wishlist and had different results?

I read your post, above, with interest. I am an Eagles fan and I used EAGLES NFL without any quotes. The category was SPORTS and the sub-category was FOOTBALL. It has picked up every Eagles game and never picked up any extraneous programs.

The only difference between your search and mine is that you added the word football and put your search in quotes.

Come to think of it, perhaps my search is flawed. TiVo failed to record the Eagles playing in the Super bowl this year. Or last year. Or the year before. (Sigh)

POST #12 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

roehrle is offline Old Post 03-01-2004 01:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for roehrle Find more posts by roehrle Add roehrle to your buddy list Show Printable Version Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roehrle
Tvio Explorer

O so that's why we lost .

POST #13 | Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged